GDT 12/1/19 Week 13: 9-2 Baltimore Ravens vs 10-1 San Francisco 49ers

DreamKid

Another fun one upcoming, this time on a short week. We got the 49ers and their vaunted defense rolling into the Bank. Big "Look at us now" game too. It wasn't so long ago when the Ravens had the ruggedly handsome Italian signal caller, and the 49ers had the mobility minded QB with Roman in tow. Oh, how things have changed.

- Both teams have a piece of the old 'Legion of Boom' starting. (Ravens- Earl Thomas) (49ers- Richard Sherman)

- Both teams drafted a relative to an All-Pro in the 1st Round this year. (Ravens- Marquise Brown) (49ers- Nick Bosa)

Lots of fun connections in this one. Let's hope for another dominant W, and most importantly no injuries for either side. This could be Round 1 of a Super Bowl (rematch)fight.

Edited by DreamKid
  • Like 2

If the weather is solid for the game I feel confident here. I saw too many rushing lanes for an elite rushing threat like Lamar to exploit when the 49ers played against the Seahawks a few weeks ago and Murray has killed them with his legs as well. If the 49ers keep their same pass rushing arc with these insanely wide rushing angles, Lamar could surpass Mike Vick’s rushing record in this game, let alone needing a couple more.

Granted I don’t actually think Lamar rushes for 164 yards in this game because I think the 49ers will have to eventually adjust and hold their pass rush back and play more contain like the Rams did and force Lamar to win within the pocket, which he has proven time and again this season that he can do that.

I’m also not confident that the 49ers have a corner that can stick with Hollywood Brown. Akhello is probably the best fit, but Hollywood looked the healthiest last game that I’ve seen him look and that’s a scary prospect for opposing defenses. The 9ers have a great front and some really good secondary pieces, but they’ve struggled vs the run, Lamar should be able to find rush creases, and I see Jimmy G as the kind of QB that Peters baits for a pick. Our corners matchup well. So I see a game where if weather doesn’t force it to become “ugly” we should win by multiple scores, perhaps 34-16, Ravens. We score a defensive TD and the offense scores on 5/8 possessions to keep the historic pace alive and well.

• Like 1

As you talked about in NFL Gen, it will most likely be the 49'ers benefit if the weather is bad. If they can somehow overwhelm us with their pass rush defensively and get their running game going and have Jimmy G hit Kittle over the middle for 3. down conversions, we could lose this game.

Nevertheless, the 49'ers have shown more than us to be susceptible to struggling on offense and defense late, while we struggled early and is on a roll now. Home field and baring no injuries, I think we are in a good position to take this game.

• Like 1

The 49ers are a good squad. They've played some good game. Here's my quick breakdown. 

The D is pretty damn good. I don't doubt their D. Their run D leaves a lot to be desired. Against us, that's a potentially big problem for them. 

The X factor in this game is Jimmy G. Those 10 interceptions stick out like a sore thumb. If we can get him making passes under duress, we're going to be in great shape. 

My prediction is 31-13 Ravens

Should be a proper scrap though. 

Edited by baltimoreRebel

11 hours ago, baltimoreRebel said:

The 49ers are a good squad. They've played some good game. Here's my quick breakdown. 

The D is pretty damn good. I don't doubt their D. Their run D leaves a lot to be desired. Against us, that's a potentially big problem for them. 

The X factor in this game is Jimmy G. Those 10 interceptions stick out like a sore thumb. If we can get him making passes under duress, we're going to be in great shape. 

My prediction is 31-13 Ravens

Should be a proper scrap though. 

And the church said... Amen.

Really hoping the field holds up on Sunday with all of the rain that is expected. If it's as bad as something like the Niners/Redskins game this year then I honestly hope we just punt the game and get out of there in one piece. I'd rather lose running the ball up the gut a zillion times with Gus/Ingram/Hill than risk having Lamar out there trying to change direction in the mud. But I'm also just becoming more paranoid and protective of my son as the season moves forward. 

• Like 2

Could easily see this being an old school Ravens game where it's 20-17 or 16-13 and whichever defense makes more plays wins the game. Feels like we haven't had one of those all season...but maybe if the offense struggles the defense puts us on their back and says "Remember, we can win a few on our own every year too"

1 hour ago, Ray Reed said:

Could easily see this being an old school Ravens game where it's 20-17 or 16-13 and whichever defense makes more plays wins the game. Feels like we haven't had one of those all season...but maybe if the offense struggles the defense puts us on their back and says "Remember, we can win a few on our own every year too"

Steelers game was like that.

• Like 1