Bears at Lions Thanksgiving Turkey.

diehardlionfan

Oh boo I bet the Patricia family lives a nice life and will continue to whether he's HC of the Lions or not... Same with Quinn and most of our scouts have been here since Millen/Mayhew. 

I could give a crap about the thought process. Honestly, what matters are/is winning. You could have completely different ideas than me and as long as we're winning things are fine. 

I care about management about as much as they care about me. 

They're just sucking the fun out of this game for me which has traditionally been a thing I use to step back from real life and allows me to go into imagination land. A break from reality so to speak. But they're making it not worth the time cause of the things they do, that I first don't agree with then get proven right by there results. It's extremely bad that a online poster here can shot call what will and wont work for this organization(Not hard to say things won't work cause historically they don't anyways)

Not picking lets say Devin Bush cause of "scheme" is exactly why they're going to fail. You build your "scheme" to players not the other way around. The talent was available to us and we passed because coaches/management thought they're smarter than everyone. When they're not, clearly... 

I'd love to be wrong about them and watch a winning football team. I really would, but when you have questions and they're validated by the horrific record and results... Well... Idk, guess all I can do is ***** and moan vs cheer lead. I quit going to games, stopped watching them this year for the most part, though they got me early. Still watch college football because I like the process of scouting players and watching there pro careers come to fruition.(I guess you can call it a hobby) But through that time that's gone on over 10 years or more now it's disappointing to watch the Lions pretty much always mess it up when they've got a chance to do so.  

It's even more frustrating to watch fans reason themselves into watching/believing in what they're doing when the results, just isn't there. You'll take a good pick like Golladay and crown it as gold and forget about Davis in the 1st round, Tabor, and all the other late round picks that... just aren't working out. You'll point to the 50% hit mark and its like yeah, that's true, but they've also not drafted anyone worth while. A franchise cornerstone. So Idk what the point in talking about 50% of average junk is other than to make a point Quinn hits about 50% of his picks. 

Now like Superman said... I've got to back off cause you're just not grasping what's going on and will defend till the end. You're reasoning losing, and hoping beyond all hope they'll turn this around next year based off their flawed thought process. It's a drop in the bucket financially for the Fords to fire these people and move on. I can't support people I don't believe in with no results. I'd have an easier time rooting for a new regime with new ideas vs these guys who have proven they're basically just losers/coat-tail riders of the Patriot organization. Patriots defense literally got better when Patricia left, and I don't think it's some miracle coincidence. Front office hasn't missed a single beat with Quinn gone... 

Edited by SimbaWho
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, SimbaWho said:

Oh boo I bet the Patricia family lives a nice life and will continue to whether he's HC of the Lions or not... Same with Quinn and most of our scouts have been here since Millen/Mayhew. 

I could give a crap about the thought process. Honestly, what matters are/is winning. You could have completely different ideas than me and as long as we're winning things are fine. 

I care about management about as much as they care about me. 

They're just sucking the fun out of this game for me which has traditionally been a thing I use to step back from real life and allows me to go into imagination land. A break from reality so to speak. But they're making it not worth the time cause of the things they do, that I first don't agree with then get proven right by there results. It's extremely bad that a online poster here can shot call what will and wont work for this organization(Not hard to say things won't work cause historically they don't anyways)

Not picking lets say Devin Bush cause of "scheme" is exactly why they're going to fail. You build your "scheme" to players not the other way around. The talent was available to us and we passed because coaches/management thought they're smarter than everyone. When they're not, clearly... 

I'd love to be wrong about them and watch a winning football team. I really would, but when you have questions and they're validated by the horrific record and results... Well... Idk, guess all I can do is ***** and moan vs cheer lead. I quit going to games, stopped watching them this year for the most part, though they got me early. Still watch college football because I like the process of scouting players and watching there pro careers come to fruition.(I guess you can call it a hobby) But through that time that's gone on over 10 years or more now it's disappointing to watch the Lions pretty much always mess it up when they've got a chance to do so.  

It's even more frustrating to watch fans reason themselves into watching/believing in what they're doing when the results, just isn't there. You'll take a good pick like Golladay and crown it as gold and forget about Davis in the 1st round, Tabor, and all the other late round picks that... just aren't working out. You'll point to the 50% hit mark and its like yeah, that's true, but they've also not drafted anyone worth while. A franchise cornerstone. So Idk what the point in talking about 50% of average junk is other than to make a point Quinn hits about 50% of his picks. 

Now like Superman said... I've got to back off cause you're just not grasping what's going on and will defend till the end. You're reasoning losing, and hoping beyond all hope they'll turn this around next year based off their flawed thought process. It's a drop in the bucket financially for the Fords to fire these people and move on. I can't support people I don't believe in with no results. I'd have an easier time rooting for a new regime with new ideas vs these guys who have proven they're basically just losers/coat-tail riders of the Patriot organization. Patriots defense literally got better when Patricia left, and I don't think it's some miracle coincidence. Front office hasn't missed a single beat with Quinn gone... 

It's not my place to tell you or Superduperman how to think or what to do. I think we can all agree that the Lions losing sucks and we can all agree that we'd like to see them win. For everything else in the middle, we'll just agree to disagree. 

• Like 1

Good game, considering you were starting your third string QB for the first time, Lions fans.  The season has gone pear-shaped on you, but I still say you are a lot closer than your record seems to indicate.  I really like Scarborough, your young running back too.  He is going to be a good one.  Hang in there.  One more offseason and things could change very quickly!  Best of luck the rest of the way and in the draft.