Lions to start undrafted rookie QB David Blough (Purdue) on Thanksgiving

Nazgul

He was a fan favorite in camp/preseason with Cleveland. Well, maybe not everyone's favorite but I named one of my fantasy teams after him. He just wasn't good enough to surpass Baker and the all time leading passer in AAF history, Garrett Gilbert.

I suspect he will defeat the Bears tomorrow and become a household name at some point. Assuming of course that he invents and develops a great household product.

• Like 2

Hoodie protege and genius Bob Quinn's astute roster building on full display, ladies and gentleman. He cut Josh Johnson and signed Jeff Driskel at the end of September knowing his QB had a back injury he played through all of last season and it never fully healed. And then voila, it got worse, much worse, and he had nothing at backup QB. He didn't know the XLF's rules apparently and tried to get Josh Johnson back this week, but no dice so Blough it is.

If Blough blows too badly or gets hurt, we could see Logan Thomas (Detroit's best TE - yes, after signing Jesse James and drafting T.J. Hockenson at #8, Thomas is the Lions best TE [genius Bob Quinn]) at QB! 

What a way to show this organization's true colors on the only big stage they are ever on. I'll be hammered before kickoff, which is the life of a Lions fan, but at least tomorrow it's an acceptable day to do so! Burn it down, fire everyone, sell the team.

SellTheTeam-Lions-DeepHeather8_400x@2x.p

Just now, cp0k2 said:

If Blough blows too badly or gets hurt, we could see Logan Thomas (Detroit's best TE - yes, after signing Jesse James and drafting T.J. Hockenson at #8, Thomas is the Lions best TE [genius Bob Quinn]) at QB!

Settle down, man.  I've been telling Packer fans for years and years that a TE is a 2/3 year investment.  You can count the number of tight ends who have had a strong rookie season on one hand.  Only 83 rookie tight ends since 1985 have had 20 receptions or more in their rookie season.  Every Packer fan wanted Hockensen and I reminded them of this, but nooooooo.  Hockensen is currently tied for 67th since 1985 on receptions by a rookie tight end.  Steep learning curve for that position. 

5 hours ago, The LBC said:

He may yet be the best QB on the field tomorrow.  After all, the other team is starting Trubisky.

You’ve been for a decade now the most outlandish “respected” poster on this board. I’m not trying to defend Trubisky but you’re a joke.