Lions to start undrafted rookie QB David Blough (Purdue) on Thanksgiving

Nazgul

19 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

As a Packer fan at this point I want the Bears to win a few more.  Keeps what little draft capital they have that much worse.  But I’d still like to see Oakland’s first round pick get a little better, so I’m conflicted.  I’m a big fan of what the Raiders did.  Two first round talents for the next five years and about 15 million extra.  Unless it’s QB, I feel like three players are always better than one.  I was a part of the “it’s a mistake to give up two firsts and that contract to Mack” crowd from the beginning.  I’ve always been a draft capital and cap health are king and queen believer.  

While I am/was a bit more middle ground, I definitely think the folks that were crowing about it being a bad move by the Raiders after one good season by Mack in Chicago are missing the point to some degree. As you allude to, the other side of the trade is just starting to manifest. 

1 hour ago, sp6488 said:

While I am/was a bit more middle ground, I definitely think the folks that were crowing about it being a bad move by the Raiders after one good season by Mack in Chicago are missing the point to some degree. As you allude to, the other side of the trade is just starting to manifest. 

True but how much of this is recency bias?  Bears do well last year Raiders do bad...Bears are winning the trade...now this season Raiders doing well and Bears not as good and now Raiders won the trade?

The NFL is such a year to year league that we can't come to these conclusions quite yet on who won.  I've always maintained that it was a win win for both teams but we'll see.

If Bears go on to win a Super Bowl in the next 2-4 years while Mack is still a big part of their team then what will people say then?

2 hours ago, topwop1 said:

True but how much of this is recency bias?  Bears do well last year Raiders do bad...Bears are winning the trade...now this season Raiders doing well and Bears not as good and now Raiders won the trade?

The NFL is such a year to year league that we can't come to these conclusions quite yet on who won.  I've always maintained that it was a win win for both teams but we'll see.

If Bears go on to win a Super Bowl in the next 2-4 years while Mack is still a big part of their team then what will people say then?

Wasn’t trying to say it’s a bad deal for the Bears now. I think we agree. My point was that those who were Simply saying “wow Mack is good, bad trade for Raiders,” were missing some important aspects of the trade. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sp6488 said:

Wasn’t trying to say it’s a bad deal for the Bears now. I think we agree. My point was that those who were Simply saying “wow Mack is good, bad trade for Raiders,” were missing some important aspects of the trade. 

That Pace struggles with 2st round picks so there was little loss for Chicago?

I jest, kind of.

On 11/27/2019 at 11:52 PM, pigsooie5 said:

You’ve been for a decade now the most outlandish “respected” poster on this board. I’m not trying to defend Trubisky but you’re a joke. 

So what exactly was the point of this post (if you "weren't trying to defend Trubisky") other than a personal attack?