Better Team: 2018 Chiefs or 2019 Ravens

mdonnelly21

43 members have voted

1. 1. Better Team

11 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Make the AFCCG, with a legit chance of winning it without an I'm a idiot Lined up Offsides Call.

Ravens are guaranteed nothing with almost 2 months to play. A lot can happen. 

Nobody really counts "chance or almost" as anything tangible or achieved. Fact is they were a #1 seed that won 1 playoff game.

So far the Ravens have the superior offense and they have a much better defense. They have more veterans on the team at starting positions that have played in big games and the Super Bowl with guys like Earl Thomas, Marcus Peters, Jimmy Smith, Josh Bynes, Brandon Williams, etc on defense. Then on offense you’ve got Yanda, Ingram, Snead. Plus Lamar at least has a playoff game under his belt unlike 2018 Mahomes. 

They also have superior coaching at the HC position. Reid makes a lot more mistakes with things like game management and such. Harbaugh has a SB win to his credit and has proven he can coach against and win against Bill Belichick when it counts the most (which is the gold standard), so the answer is easily the 2019 Ravens.

2 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

Nobody really counts "chance or almost" as anything tangible or achieved. Fact is they were a #1 seed that won 1 playoff game.

And the Ravens haven't secured or accomplished either, so what's your point? You're making claims based off 11 gms.

5 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

And the Ravens haven't secured or accomplished either, so what's your point? You're making claims based off 11 gms.

I know that. That wasnt my initial point. My point was it was laughable for anyone to imply Chiefs set the bar high in 2018. They didn't, at all. Wont take much for Baltimore to best them

17 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:
23 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I know that. That wasnt my initial point. My point was it was laughable for anyone to imply Chiefs set the bar high in 2018. They didn't, at all. Wont take much for Baltimore to best them

Wasn't remotely was you suggested but OK?

Ravens are clearly better. Only good win Chiefs had last year was their 1st win of the year and last win of the year. Chargers and Colts. Chargers beat them 2nd time. They barely beat an avg Ravens team at home in ot.

This Ravens team smoked the Rams, beat down NE, beat Seattle and if they beat 49ers. We have to start looking at Ravens as potentially a historic team. 2018 chiefs were an all time offense, but a typical good seasonal team at best.

Ravens haven't proven anything Yet, it will take a SB appearance at the minimum, that's the point!

Edited by Nabbs4u

18 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

Might want to pump the breaks and see what the Ravens do at the end of the regular season and into the playoffs.

17 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

Why? What did the chiefs do exactly? 1 home playoff win...

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Wasn't remotely was you suggested but OK?

Ravens haven't proven anything Yet, it will take a SB appearance at the minimum, that's the point!

That is exactly what i implied.

7 hours ago, aussie_eagle said:

Did KC lose to Cleveland?

A division game? You hang your hat on a division game? Really? lol

But to answer the question, the 2019 Ravens are looking to be better than the 2018 Chiefs. We still have a ton of season left before I can personally crown who's better. But at this moment in time, it signs point towards the Ravens being a far superior team.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RavensfanRD said:

A division game? You hang your hat on a division game? Really? lol

But to answer the question, the 2019 Ravens are looking to be better than the 2018 Chiefs. We still have a ton of season left before I can personally crown who's better. But at this moment in time, it signs point towards the Ravens being a far superior team.

It was a smartass comment, but very surprising that this D gave up 40 at home to the Browns

13 minutes ago, aussie_eagle said:

It was a smartass comment, but very surprising that this D gave up 40 at home to the Browns

Well to be fair it’s not “this D”. We were starting Tony Jefferson (scrub) vs Chuck Clark (stud), Brandon Carr (solid) vs Marcus Peters (ballhawk), Anthony Averrett (scrub) vs Jimmy Smith (good).

At LB we were starting Kenny Young (inconsistent/below average) vs Josh Bynes (good run stopper). At DL we were starting Chris Wormley (no impact) vs Domata Peko (great run stuffer). We also were missing Brandon Williams in that game and were playing below average talent.

The defense has been enhanced at all three levels since that game. Upfront to stuff the run better and on the backend with top level talent.

• Like 2