Better Team: 2018 Chiefs or 2019 Ravens

mdonnelly21

43 members have voted

1. 1. Better Team

9 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

Biased opinion, but I'm going Chiefs. The 2018 and 2019 Chiefs both beat the Ravens. The Chiefs were inches away from a Super Bowl. IF the Ravens can make the Super Bowl, I'll go with them. But until then, the head to head says Chiefs.

but do the Chiefs beat the Ravens now? I'm not so sure.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SBLIII said:

but do the Chiefs beat the Ravens now? I'm not so sure.

Not sure but I'll say this, the Chiefs cleanly beat the Ravens earlier this season and if I remember correctly, it was a fluky play or two from a blowout (thinking amongst others of that lobbed pass when Jackson was getting sacked that was caught near the endzone and where there was arguably OPI on Kendall Fuller).

Most teams go through good and bad phases in a season and right now the Ravens couldn't be in a better phase. It remains to be seen if they will keep this up.

No one thought the Ravens were even close to the Pats at the beginning of the season and now I would think many people think the Ravens are better.

This is absurdly premature lol the Chiefs were an offsides away from the Super Bowl. Theoretically the Ravens could still have an all-time flame out, lose their last 5 games, finish 9-7 and miss the playoffs altogether.

It's not likely but it could still happen. And if/until we've at least locked up a first round bye (which still isn't in the bag by any means), comparisons like this just need to stop.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

I know that. That wasnt my initial point. My point was it was laughable for anyone to imply Chiefs set the bar high in 2018. They didn't, at all. Wont take much for Baltimore to best them

I absolutely LOVE that the Chiefs live rent free in your head lol

As for the thread, I like the Chiefs chances against anybody but the defensive difference makes the smart choice the Ravens. The Chiefs '18 Defense, outside of some pass rushing, was abysmal. Can't ignore that.

But I won't bet against my team. :)

Edited by Chiefs_5627
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Buckweath said:

Not sure but I'll say this, the Chiefs cleanly beat the Ravens earlier this season and if I remember correctly, it was a fluky play or two from a blowout (thinking amongst others of that lobbed pass when Jackson was getting sacked that was caught near the endzone and where there was arguably OPI on Kendall Fuller).

Most teams go through good and bad phases in a season and right now the Ravens couldn't be in a better phase. It remains to be seen if they will keep this up.

No one thought the Ravens were even close to the Pats at the beginning of the season and now I would think many people think the Ravens are better.

Not really sure how much that game means now, that was early in the season and the Chiefs have fallen off since then and the Ravens have gotten better. Not to mention that the rematch in the playoffs would most likely be in Baltimore rather than KC and the Ravens would likely be getting an extra week to rest and prepare for it.

Also Harbaugh >>> Reid when it comes to the playoffs.

Edited by Bolts223

34 minutes ago, mdonnelly21 said:

Why not?

1. There are already like 3-4 threads about how Lamar/the Ravens presently stack up.

2. The Ravens are not even 3/4 of the way through their season and have not played a playoff game, so it's too soon to compare them to a team that played 18 games.