Game 2

NFL_Vikings_zpsce61d576.gifatNFL_Steelers.gif

When:  12:00 PM CDT September 17th

Where: Heinz Field (Pittsburgh, PA)

TV/Radio: FOX (TV), KFAN 100.3 (Radio);

Announcers: Kenny Albert, Ronde Barber

Coverage Map Link:  http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2017&wk=2

Notable Injuries:

Vikings - Questionable: QB Samuel Bradford (knee), LB Anthony Barr (hamstring), CB Xavier Rhodes (hip), Doubtful: None, Out: None

Steelers - Questionable: TE Vance McDonald (back), DE Stephon Tuitt (biceps), S J.J. Wilcox (concussion), Doubtful: None, Out: T Jerald Hawkins (knee)

Please keep all discussion about the game here.

2u8jrjc.gif

10 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Vikings have never won at Heinz Field. 

Time to change that. 

The last time the Vikings won in Pittsburgh, the late Orlando Thomas got his first 2 ints of his career in the 4th game of his rookie year (1995), on his way to 9 that year.  The Vikings got 6 ints that game, including 1 from Raiders' current head coach, Jack Del Rio.

The Vikings lead the regular season battles vs the Steelers 9-7 (we'll forget that whole SB thing), despite having lost 3 out of the last 4.  

I don't like the Vikings chances, even if Rhodes doesn't cramp up at all this game, Brown is so good, Bell wasn't great in week 1, but he'll be that much better in week 2 and Big Ben is hard to take down even as he gets older. Best shot we got is to win a high scoring game, and the Steelers defense isn't a slouch.

Brown is the type of receiver that should give the Vikings Defense fits. He's difficult to be physical with at the line and once he gets loose he's a menace in the open field. I'm not terribly afraid of Bell. I think getting to Ben is the best shot of winning, which is no simple task given Pitt's strong OL.

You gotta just double Antonio Brown all game. Don't play any games.

I'd just stick Waynes on him all game because he has the speed to run with him, and dedicate Sendejo to give coverage over the top too. Rhodes, Newman and Smith can cover the other side. 

The pass rush also needs to be better than it was against the Saints. 

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

Waynes on Brown es no bueno. Trae simply doesn't have the agility to stick with him. I'd rather see Rhodes on Brown, using his physicality to knock Brown around. 

Waynes and Bryant match up very well. Speed v speed. 

I agree.  I don't want Waynes on Brown, because Brown would probably just eat him for lunch.

Pittsburgh Steelers coach Mike Tomlin says the news surrounding defensive end Stephon Tuitt's injured left biceps is encouraging.

Tomlin says there's even a chance that Tuitt could play this weekend when the Steelers host the Minnesota Vikings in their home opener.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2017/09/12/steelers-tomlin-injured-de-tuitt-could-play-vs-vikings/105535262/?utm_source=feedblitz&utm_medium=FeedBlitzRss&utm_campaign=usatodaycomnfl-topstories

5 hours ago, disaacs said:

The last time the Vikings won in Pittsburgh, the late Orlando Thomas got his first 2 ints of his career in the 4th game of his rookie year (1995), on his way to 9 that year.  The Vikings got 6 ints that game, including 1 from Raiders' current head coach, Jack Del Rio.

The floppy sock game, also the earliest memory Klomp has of his Vikings fandom.

Archived