Week 2: VIKINGS (1-0) at Steelers (1-0)

swede700

The last time....

2013 Week 4 in London (Vikings "home" game)
Roethlisberger was 36-51 for 383 yards with 1 TD and 1 INT
Vikings defense had 5 sacks
Bell finished with 16 carries for 57 yards and 2 TDs
Brown had 12 catches for 88 yards

Gonna be a big test for us. I'm hoping that our offense walking all over the Saints wasn't just a result of us playing a poor defense. Brown will be tough to cover, but Xavier shut down top WR's last year (OBJ, Julio Jones, etc.) so I think he could be up to the task. Still should devote double coverage to him. Our D-line needs to get to Big Ben in order to shut down Pitt.

I have a bottle of whiskey on this game with a co-worker who is from Pittsburgh, so I hope the team earns me some sweet nectar in WK 2.

2 hours ago, NorthCountryEvo said:

I have a bottle of whiskey on this game with a co-worker who is from Pittsburgh, so I hope the team earns me some sweet nectar in WK 2.

I have a lunch bet with my boss, who is from Pittsburgh, as well! Winner picks the lunch spot, loser buys.

9 hours ago, Klomp said:

The last time....

2013 Week 4 in London (Vikings "home" game)
Roethlisberger was 36-51 for 383 yards with 1 TD and 1 INT
Vikings defense had 5 sacks
Bell finished with 16 carries for 57 yards and 2 TDs
Brown had 12 catches for 88 yards

I remember this game. The Vikings blew so many leads in the final minute and finally got a stop with the Everson Strip sack. It was a pretty entertaining game overall. Like Matt Cassel's fumble for a first down. 

19 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

Tuitt should be out, but does any one know about Dupree?

News this morning indicates that Tuitt should be ready to play on Sunday.  I haven't heard anything about Dupree.

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger had more to say about running back Le'Veon Bell‘s return than his coach did, and he’s clearly not ready to panic. After putting the off in offseason while waiting to sign his $12.1 million franchise tender, Bell had just 10 carries for 32 yards in Sunday’s narrow win over the Browns. But during his weekly appearance on 93.7 The Fan, Roethlisberger said it was more a function of the Steelers using more four-wide receiver sets than Bell being rusty (though Bell was obviously rusty).

Roethlisberger: “The biggest thing for me when we get out there is communication. Is he asking a lot of questions? Is he looking bug-eyed, if you will, when plays are called or things like that? And there was none of that. I thought there was great communication, so in that sense I think we were on the same page. It’s a patience thing. We still won the game and that should be all that matters. We need to be a selfless group, and we need to all understand that there’s gonna be days when [Bell’s] gonna have two, 300 yards rushing [and Antonio Brown] AB’s gonna have 10 yards receiving. Whatever it is. There’s a lot of guys on this team that are really just winning and able to sacrifice stats for winning, and we all are ready to do that. That’s what we need to do; we all just need to be a selfless group. And I’m not saying that Le’veon’s having any issue. I’m just telling you that that’s the way this offense and this team is.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/13/ben-roethlisberger-leveon-bells-on-the-same-page/

I'll be at this game! B|

I think Trae Waynes is going to get exposed hard if he's lining up on Antonio Brown. Honestly, I don't know that he, Rhodes or Newman can shut him down. that's not to say our guys are bad, it's just that he's that good.

like last week, we need to disrupt the pocket. Ben Roethlisberger is more prone to taking sacks than what Drew Brees is, and he's a little more prone to the occasional bone headed interception. if we can capitalize on those plays, we'll have a shot. The only problem is that Pittsburgh has a better offensive line than New Orleans does.

The Steelers typically play very well at home and play down to their opponent on the road. It's a home game for them (and I do mean them. I'm not a fan of the Steelers anymore!) so I think they have an edge in this game. This should be one of the toughest games for us though this year so at least we get it out of the way early.

I didn't have high expectations for our 1st game, but I've since grown more confident in our group. This game for me went from "we're definitely going to lose" to "we have a shot". I'll take it!

lastly, I'm a big fan of James Conner. he's such an inspiration to so many people, and of course, he played at Pitt. If he did have a nice game against us, I wouldn't be too upset haha

7 hours ago, byuvike88 said:

I remember this game. The Vikings blew so many leads in the final minute and finally got a stop with the Everson Strip sack. It was a pretty entertaining game overall. Like Matt Cassel's fumble for a first down. 

Thought that was Jared Allen with the strip sack

Archived