Week 2: VIKINGS (1-0) at Steelers (1-0)

swede700

1 hour ago, disaacs said:

I haven't even watched the game from yesterday yet, but I guess once I got the tweet that Bradford was out, I had pretty much resigned myself that it was going to be a loss.  Either way, did you enjoy your time at the game?  

It wasn't the most enjoyable game (just very boring overall. Even Steelers fans said as much) but I still had some fun. 4/10

3 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

This loss doesn't play a major factor in our playoff hopes this year since it was against AFC and thus not as weighted compared to NFC.

The Packers loss last night was a major blow for them getting HFA in the playoffs because it was against top NFC talent.

Just something to consider if you're still upset today. Just need to regroup and move on. Next week is huge for us.

Not only that, but there were many people who were counting this one as a loss before the season even began. So sitting your QB in a game you aren't really expected to win on the road against an AFC team really isn't that damaging.

At the end of the day, we're still tied with the Packers (and might be with the Lions).

4 minutes ago, Klomp said:

At the end of the day, we're still tied with the Packers (and might be with the Lions).

not that it matters because we're two games in to a 16 game season, but we're actually ahead of the Packers in the standings. because of the NFC vs AFC losses to opponents that others have mentioned.

1 minute ago, vike daddy said:

not that it matters because we're two games in to a 16 game season, but we're actually ahead of the Packers in the standings. because of the NFC vs AFC losses to opponents that others have mentioned.

Was going solely by record

1 hour ago, vikesfan89 said:

How has Alexander graded out compared to Newman so far? I wonder if Brock I'd going to get some playing time soon

Should be graded pretty well. Haven't heard his name mentioned in either game. Not sure on the snap count numbers from the Saints game, but he had 43 out of 74 defensive snaps and I don't believe we really even saw him targeted.

23 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Should be graded pretty well. Haven't heard his name mentioned in either game. Not sure on the snap count numbers from the Saints game, but he had 43 out of 74 defensive snaps and I don't believe we really even saw him targeted.

I didn't realize he played that much. That should be a good sign

8 hours ago, Cearbhall said:

There is a lot of talk about Colin Kaepernick. He voluntarily moved towards a diet that negatively effected his football career. If it helps his health it may be a good decision for him long term, but it is not a decision that I would want players on my team making. It really shows a lack of commitment to the craft. 

I don't know much about this but you do seem to, care to elaborate?

12 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

This loss doesn't play a major factor in our playoff hopes this year since it was against AFC and thus not as weighted compared to NFC.

The Packers loss last night was a major blow for them getting HFA in the playoffs because it was against top NFC talent.

Just something to consider if you're still upset today. Just need to regroup and move on. Next week is huge for us.

every loss plays a major factor in your playoff hopes.  

8 hours ago, the_cote_kid said:

I don't know much about this but you do seem to, care to elaborate?

I don't know a ton about it either, but when Kaepernick decided to go vegan he lost quite a bit of mass. This loss of mass had a lot to do with the Niners starting Blaine Gabbert over him. I don't know anything that hasn't been widely reported but looking at him coming into the season last year after he was on his new vegan diet for 10 months it was easy to see that he had lost a fair amount of muscle mass.

It is possible to be a successful football player on a vegan diet but you really have to know what you are doing and be careful to eat the things a body needs to perform at that high level. It appeared that Kaepernick hadn't quite figured that all out. Jumping into the new diet and not being careful to learn and practice what is needed to keep on the muscle mass was a mistake IMO.

What I wrote in the post above was based on my memory from last preseason but after you asked for more details I did a small amount of Google-fu. Here is one article: http://www.sacbee.com/entertainment/living/health-fitness/article105052366.html

Archived