Week 13 - Patriots at Longhorns

Deadpulse

32 minutes ago, dhunt2402 said:

I think he's a pretty good runner, but just not a good use of a first round pick when the guy is a total non-factor in the passing game. That stat they showed on the broadcast last night was so telling, 84% pass when White is the in the game, 66% run when Michel is in (both league high percentages).

And it's been that way since Michel came in. Think it was even more skewed last season. The OL crumbling hasn't helped, last year in the playoffs teams knew when we were rushing (or at least PA), and they couldn't stop it. This time they can.

Other players we could have drafted; Will Hernandez, Nick Chubb, Kerryon Johnson, Dallas Goedert, DJ Chark. I know it's hindsight, but....all of those would have contributed more, IMO. 

46 minutes ago, dhunt2402 said:

I think he's a pretty good runner, but just not a good use of a first round pick when the guy is a total non-factor in the passing game. That stat they showed on the broadcast last night was so telling, 84% pass when White is the in the game, 66% run when Michel is in (both league high percentages).

You can find good runners in the 4th round. We picked the wrong Back from Georgia 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The Third Rider said:

So now we need Buffalo to win next week and then we have to beat Buffalo since they can get the #1 seed too.

yup. I don't see us going into Baltimore and winning so might as well have a do or die game against BUF which decides between 1 and 5 seed. But unfortunately I don't see the Bills winning.

38 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

And it's been that way since Michel came in. Think it was even more skewed last season. The OL crumbling hasn't helped, last year in the playoffs teams knew when we were rushing (or at least PA), and they couldn't stop it. This time they can.

Other players we could have drafted; Will Hernandez, Nick Chubb, Kerryon Johnson, Dallas Goedert, DJ Chark. I know it's hindsight, but....all of those would have contributed more, IMO. 

Belichick's drafting since 2015 has dropped off. It was great around 2009-2012 but he missed on a ton of good players. You see that this year.

It still would have been okay if Brady was still elite but now you see the other deficiencies

I just can't believe how much BB botched the receiving corps. Harry and Meyers both looked completely clueless last night. Sanu is a waste of a second rounder. We're operating as if we don't have a single TE on the roster.

5 minutes ago, Elky said:

I just can't believe how much BB botched the receiving corps. Harry and Meyers both looked completely clueless last night. Sanu is a waste of a second rounder. We're operating as if we don't have a single TE on the roster.

Belichick the GM is failing Belichick the coach.

1 minute ago, SBLIII said:

Belichick the GM is failing Belichick the coach.

yea? Jaime was a bad pick up then? Chase was a bad pick? Wynn isnt a massive improvement at LT? He overpaid Gilmore?

Mistakes are inevitable, but to say BB the GM has done a bad job is without basis. This is a 10-2 team. everyone needs to slow their roll 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

yea? Jaime was a bad pick up then? Chase was a bad pick? Wynn isnt a massive improvement at LT? He overpaid Gilmore?

Mistakes are inevitable, but to say BB the GM has done a bad job is without basis. This is a 10-2 team. everyone needs to slow their roll 

They're not nearly as good as the record indicates. We're 10-2 because we beat up on a lot of bad teams. Belichick will have a lot of questions to answer if we lose the division to Buffalo.

Edited by Elky

1 minute ago, Elky said:

They're not nearly as good as the record indicates. We're 10-2 because we beat up on a lot of bad teams. Belichick will have a lot of questions to answer if we lose the division to Buffalo.

We beat Buffalo once already this year. Strange to see you contradict your own point in the same post. 

10 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

We beat Buffalo once already this year. Strange to see you contradict your own point in the same post. 

he is saying Buffalo was a bad team. But they obviously improved. So we did beat them when they struggled on offense but now they are humming. Could be an absolute dogfight at Gillette.