Madden 12 - Cardinals Rebuild - This one's for Larry! - 1st pick in Year 1, Playoffs Year 2, Corrupted File Year 3! CONSPIRACY!

Dome

4 minutes ago, jyod21 said:

Reading this just pissed me off all over again.  I have no idea how Madden '20 doesn't have staff movement at least fleshed out to that point today.  Ridiculous.  Nice Franchise.  I'm enjoying following. 

I forgot all about the bonuses for hires in this game.... it's so refreshing, at just shy of a decade old.

Cardinals Roster during the scouting combine:

Quarterback   Running Back   Fullback   Wide Reciever   Tight End
Name OVR Age   Name OVR Age   Name OVR Age   Name OVR Age   Name OVR Age
J Skelton 75 26   R Williams 81 21   A Sherman 78 23   L Fitzgerald 96 29   F Davis 80 26
        B Wells 72 24           A Roberts 73 24   R Housler 73 24

Left Tackle   Left Guard   Center   Right Guard   Right Tackle
L Brown 68 28                   D Lutui 82 29   J Brown 84 29
                                B Keith 77 24

Left End   Defensive Tackle   Right End   Inside Linebacker   Outside Linebacker (L, R)
C Campbell 80 25   D Williams 80 25   T Harris 84 27   D Bishop 82 28   F Zombo 75 25
                        M Fokou 76 27   S Acho 64 22
                        D Washington 81 23        

O Schofield 78 25

Cornerback   Free Safety   Strong Safety   Kicker   Punter
P Peterson 89 22   R Moore 80 22   K Rhodes 91 30   J Feely 88 36        
D Rodgers-Cromartie 86 26                                

26 players under contract... that's a big turnover from last season, but we've seen it before. The Saints had the exact same a few years back, only 26 players returning from the previous year.

QB: Skelton should be our primary backup this year. Looking to draft a rookie.

HB: Ryan Williams improved to an 81 overall, he'll have a chance to lead the backfield this season. Anthony Sherman will become one of the best fullbacks in the league.

WR: Fitzgerald is still the guy, I think Roberts could be an OK #3 for us though. Hoping to land a speedster in the draft or FA.

TE: Fred Davis has locked down the job as a starter, but this is a strong TE class and I may look to improve on a strength there if one falls.

OL: I need an offensive line. Feeling good about RT and RG but that's it. I'll probably end up moving Brandon Keith to LG.

DL: I feel good about our DL... We'll be switching to a 4-3 defense this year, as that's what Looman is most comfortable with. Gunther is a great line coach and will be fine coaching a variety of defensive fronts.

LB: Fast and young LBer group with great upside. Really happy with that unit.

CB: Patrick Peterson and DRC are a very strong tandem. I'll need a slot CB and some depth there though.

S: Rahim Moore falling into my lap was beautiful, he improved from a 73 OVR to an 80 OVR starting the 2nd half of the season. I moved Kerry Rhodes to SS where he can use his size and physicality a bit more, he was slowing down quite a bit and this move should keep him closer to the play where he can make more of an impact.

Need a P too...

Oh crap... this madden has the resigning mini game with the timer counting down for players. I suck at this. 

Well, here goes nothing.

Looking to land a high-end offensive lineman or two at the very least. Ideally a veteran corner to man the slot and an offensive playmaker find their way onto the roster as well. 

Yeah... that's wasn't ideal. I needed a better strategy. I missed out on LT D Brown and C J Goodwin while I was messing around with CB...

Cardinals sign LG Matt Slausen (77 OVR) to a 5 year $15m deal.

Cardinals sign CB Alphonso Smith (76 OVR) to a 5 year $18m deal.

Cardinals sign HB/KR LSH (72 OVR) to a 5 year deal worth $6m

Cardinals sign WR Ted Ginn (70 OVR) to a 5 year deal worth $3.5m

Cardinals sign LT Anthony Collins (75 OVR) to a 5 year deal worth $16m

Cardinals have signed DT K Klug (70 OVR) to a 4 year deal worth $3.3m

Cardinals have signed OLB Casey Matthews (73 OVR) to a 4 year deal worth $6.3m

Cardinals have signed LB C McCarthy (71 OVR) to a 4 year deal worth $3.5m

Cardinals have signed CB Chimdi Chekwa (68 OVR) to a 4 year deal worth $2.8m

Cardinals have signed CB L Webb (73 OVR) to a 5 year deal worth $11m

Cardinals have signed SS J Johnson (71 OVR) to a 4 year deal worth $4.5m

Cardinals have signed FS B Jackson (65 OVR) to a 4 year deal worth $3.3m

Cardinals have signed P M Scifres (81 OVR) to a 2 year deal worth $1.5m

Edited by Dome

TRADE

Cardinals trade ROLB Joey Porter to the Packers for a 6th round pick. 

Packers needed some juice off the edge, with only Matthews on the roster at OLB.

Porter brings a strong vet presence and should the Packers pass rush quite a bit.

Edited by Dome

Roster heading into the draft.... 

Quarterback   Running Back   Fullback   Wide Reciever   Tight End
J Skelton 75 26   R Williams 81 21   A Sherman 78 23   L Fitzgerald 96 29   F Davis 80 26
        L Stephens-Howling 72 25           A Roberts 73 24   R Housler 73 24
        B Wells 72 24           T Ginn 70 27        

Left Tackle   Left Guard   Center   Right Guard   Right Tackle
A Collins 75 26   M Slausen 77 26           D Lutui 82 29   J Brown 84 29
L Brown 68 28                           B Keith 77 24

Left End   Defensive Tackle   Right End   Inside Linebacker   Outside Linebacker (L, R)
C Campbell 80 25   D Williams 80 25   T Harris 84 27   D Bishop 82 28   S Acho 64 22
        K Klug 70 24   D Carter 64 24   M Fokou 76 27   C Matthews 74 23
                        D Washington 81 23        
                        C McCarthy 71 24        
                                O Schofield 78 25
                                F Zombo 75 25

Cornerback   Free Safety   Strong Safety   Kicker   Punter
P Peterson 89 22   R Moore 80 22   K Rhodes 91 30   J Feely 88 36   M Scifres 81 31
D Rodgers-Cromartie 86 26   B Jackson 65 25   J Johnson 71 24                
A Smith 76 26                                
L Webb 73 26                                
C Chekwa 68 23                                

I need to find my QBotF in this draft. I need help on the line still, as well as at WR.

Matt Slausen will move to center (played 16 games as a center in his rookie season) if I can't draft one, B Keith will move to LG if this happens. 

Feeling great about the defense, a high-end pass rusher would be nice but the defense should be competitive regardless with Schofield looking to prove himself a starter.

• Like 1

Draft Day!!!

I've got the 1st and the 4th pick of the draft, as well as the 1st pick in the 2nd round. I should be able to fill holes at QB, LT and WR easily. The was a great draft for OTs so I might snag one of them last. 

With the first pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Cardinals select Notre Dame QB De'jon Patrick. Patrick has a heck of an arm (94 Throw Power) and some workable mobility to extend plays (73 speed). He's not your prototypical size (6' 1" 221) but I'm hoping his bulky frame comes with a bump up of his injury stat.

With the fourth pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, Gator's WR Armani Lawrence joins the Cardinals and brings some much needed speed to the position. It was tough to pass on OT here with several really good ones staring me in the face, but I want a weapon for my rookie QB. He's got 95 Speed, 98 Agility, 84 Catch, 80 Route Running packed into a 5' 10" 182lb frame. Should be a playmaker right out of the gate. 

WIth the 1st pick of the 2nd round, the Cardinals select LT Ben Gordon from the Air Force. Ben is a mountain of a man at 6' 7" 329lbs. He has a 94 STR stat to build off of, but he's raw. Excited to see how he pans out through the preseason.

CB Aspha Brooks out of UCLA is taken by the Cards in the end of the 2nd round. Don't know much about him but he had a 1st round projection and may fill a depth need.

Zach Boone in the 3rd, a DT out of Hawaii with a 2nd round grade. 

CJ Belton in the 4th, a safety out of Notre Dame, apparently the only one to give QB De'jon Patrick fits during practice. 

Marcus Hawkins, a LG out of Maryland goes in the 6th, RT Zach Shuping goes a few picks later.

HB Q Lattimore, a HB our of UNC is the Cardinals final pick.

Edited by Dome
  • Like 1

So I won't get full overall stats until the preseason gets under way... but #4 pick WR Amani Lawrence is fully unlocked.

81 Overall

95 Speed - 98 Agility - 94 Acceleration
90 Elusive - 93 Spin - 96 Juke - 86 Vision
84 Catch - 75 Traffic Catch - 90 Spectacular Catch
80 Routes - 76 Release 

Edited by Dome
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dome said:

So I won't get full overall stats until the preseason gets under way... but #4 pick WR Amani Lawrence is fully unlocked.

81 Overall

95 Speed - 98 Agility - 94 Acceleration
90 Elusive - 93 Spin - 96 Juke - 86 Vision
84 Catch - 75 Traffic Catch - 90 Spectacular Catch
80 Routes - 76 Release 

Sick.  Looks like a decent draft.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jyod21 said:

Reading this just pissed me off all over again.  I have no idea how Madden '20 doesn't have staff movement at least fleshed out to that point today.  Ridiculous.  Nice Franchise.  I'm enjoying following. 

Yep.

I'm considering jumping back to Madden 06 or 08.  The latest version i have is 25 (2015), which has a bunch of stuff stripped out.  Plus they have those set draft classes and limited ability to scout, so you're kind of forced to look up the classes online to get info on more than 8 guys.  Takes some of the fun out of it.

• Like 1

UDFA Signings (I hope these are affected by my new scouting agency hires, but I have no idea)

QB J Hedgepeth
QB B Leonesio

HB D Cooper

FB T Stewart

WR T Riddick
WR A Beck

TE D Colson
TE J Ryan

LG C Thornhill
LG A Sanders

C T Dennis
C R Lipsey
C E Palmer

RG C Mason

LE D Favors
LE D Burrell

RE T Neutzling (want this guy to be good just because of his name. At 6' 4" 284 he's got good size for a 4-3 DE)

DT B Foster
DT R Kennedy

LOLB K Lamb

ROLB J Aiken

CB T Livers

SS A Madu-Jules

K J Benson

P B Koop

Other moves:

Anthony Collins LT > LG (played LG at the pro level for a couple seasons)
Matt Slausen LG > C (played C as a rookie)

Sam Acho OLB > DE (new scheme)
O'Brien Schofield OLB > DE (new scheme)

LT Ben Howard is only a 74, but he's got 94 strength and a great pass blocker already. I'll start him to get him developing right away, he needs to improve awareness and run blocking. 

This allows Anthony Collins to slide in to LG where he's equally comfortable, and Slausen can feel some nostalgia moving back to center, where he played 16 games his rookie season. Offensive line is looking solid but not a strong point this year. Next year we'll be hitting on all cylinders I bet. 

Preseason Week 1 - Loss to Patriots

No Injuries

2 INT for rookie De'Jon Patrick. Bad outing, better now than regular season.

Meanwhile, Patriots rookie QB had a 136 rating on 19 passes. Of course he did.

Desmond Bishop continues his terror. 2 TFLs in limited snaps. (5th Year

DT Dan Williams (3rd year, 80 OVR) had 2 sacks in limited snaps as well. 

We continue to dominate when returning the ball. LSH had 5 returns for 250 yards including a 100 yard TD. (SO glad I went back and found this guy)

Ted Ginn returned one kick past midfield on his way to 118 return yards of his own. (Digging into my pocketbook for the best ST coach is paying off already, I snagged Ginn so I could get Patrick Peterson off STs)

Cards cuts:

P B Koop

K J Benson

DT R Kennedy

FB T Stewart

Edited by Dome

Week 2 - Loss to the Vikings

John Skelton - Broken Foot - Out 11 Weeks. 

Rookie QB Patrick played a bit better. He completed 60% of his passes with no turnovers, but he didn't score. 

Ground attack was non-existent. Everyone is averaging around 3 YPC. This is becoming a very serious problem. 

TE Rob Housler was given the start at WR1 with Larry Fitzgerald taking the week off (healthy scratch). He caught 10 passes for 82 yards. I'll try to get him on the field more.

Nothing of note on defense. DT Dan Williams managed another sack. 

Ted Ginn returned one kick across mid-field, continuing to do his part in the ST battle.

Other Notes:

We found another FB @Tyty!!! 

Let me introduce you all to UDFA fullback, Benjamin Ramsey.

6' 1" 259lbs - 79 speed, 82 strength, 76 agility, 82 acceleration, 95 stiffarm, 74 juke, 91 injury

MY. GOD.

Cuts:

HB D Cooper -  234 lbs, 62 SPEED? Get the eff off my field you fat pig, my fullbacks run circles around you. 

CB T Livers - 5' 10" and 178 lbs. 79 speed. Try the Arena League, it'll be around about 7 more years. 

DT B Foster - 69 strength. Nice. But no, far too weak.

DE T Neutzling - 69 strength again. Nice. But no, far too weak. 

• Like 2

Preseason Week 3 - Loss to the Falcons 

No new injuries.

Rookie QB Patrick is, not that good right now. But Fitzy hasn't even played the preseason! ALL HELL WILL BE UNLEASHED!  

At least he didn't turn the ball over this week. What a pre Kyler Murray thing for the Cardinals to do. #1 overall pick just crapping the bed in the preseason. Spin Doctor says at least he can only improve from here. 

Ryan Williams and LSH looked better this week. I was thinking they would be my #1 and #2 this year. 

TE R Houseler kept his job at WR1 while Fitzgerald takes the preseason off. He caught 9 passes for 72 yards. 

A Sherman caught 4 passes for 26 yards has a FB/HBack type with rookie UDFA FB B Ramsey taking over at FB.

Desmond Bishop is a monster 2 more TFLs in limited snaps. If he's healthy he might push for DPOY this year. 

Moise Fokou had 17 tackles, 1 tfl, 1 defended pass and 1 FF. He was all over the field, apparently.

Ginn and LSH got shut down hard on kick returns, but Ginn housed a punt from 78 yards out. 

ELITE return unit.

Notes

Rookie QB De'jon Patrick is an 84 overall with A potential. He's just having a wack preseason. He'll come along. Especially with Fitzgerald coming into the lineup. We'll figure it out.

Rookie LT B Gordon just has bad awareness and mobility, but he's an absolute monolith. 6' 7" 329, 94 STR, 90 Pass Block, 90 Run Block.... 57 speed, and 60 agility, but 74 acceleration. He might be a fit for a switch to RT next year. I think an ELITE LT will still be a target for me. 

Cuts

WR A Beck - 59 speed - Aahahahahahaha! 

LG C Thornhill - 60 STR - Charmin

C T T Dennis - 70 STR - You're not a coverage linebacker, so no. 

DE L Favores - 69 STR - Cute, after you saw how it worked out for the last guys. But no.

LOLB K Lamb - 68 SPD - A true zero down linebacker.

4th round Rookie FS C Belton - 79 speed for a safety that's a doesn't have skills to play in the box. That won't work at all.

QB B Leonesio - Awful name.

QB J Hedgepeth - Even worse.