Week 2: Monday Night Football: Detroit Lions @ New York Giants

Acgott

Have I mentioned I hate prime time games? :/ 

The narrative is obvious here. (1) Does Odell play? All signs point to yes. The extra week was wise, despite the fact that we obviously could have used him against Dallas. This season is a marathon, not a sprint. We need him to be right. (2) Please let this OL have a good game to ease our concerns. 

The defense should be okay against this Lions offense. Stafford is playing at a high level but we have one of the best secondaries in the league and they should stop him. Contain Theo Riddick out of the backfield and our defense should be fine.

I do wonder if Odell is using this to try and help make his case that he should be the highest paid player in the league. If he is then he might just not play Monday night to show the Giants how valuable he is and to make sure his ankle is 100 percent right. I hope he does play Monday, but I can't rule him out looking out more for his money than for the team.

2 hours ago, Go_Giants said:

I do wonder if Odell is using this to try and help make his case that he should be the highest paid player in the league. If he is then he might just not play Monday night to show the Giants how valuable he is and to make sure his ankle is 100 percent right. I hope he does play Monday, but I can't rule him out looking out more for his money than for the team.

Gosh, you think? Seems to me if he came back and had a big game against Detroit- after that fiasco the Odell-deprived Giants went through in Dallas- his value to the team would be unmistakable. If it isn't already. Suppose he catches 8 passes for 2TD's in Monday's game- in other words, 2 more than their entire team could without him? Right now, I wonder if there is any one player on other team as irreplaceable as is Odell to the Giants.

27 minutes ago, bzane said:

Gosh, you think? Seems to me if he came back and had a big game against Detroit- after that fiasco the Odell-deprived Giants went through in Dallas- his value to the team would be unmistakable. If it isn't already. Suppose he catches 8 passes for 2TD's in Monday's game- in other words, 2 more than their entire team could without him? Right now, I wonder if there is any one player on other team as irreplaceable as is Odell to the Giants.

Odell is clearly the best player on the team and incredibly valuable to the offense, but the connection to how inept our offense was last week and Odell being out is incredibly over blown. Did people forget we averaged under 20 points last season and we're one of the worst offenses in the league? That was WITH Odell. Not down playing how great of a player he is. But the offense has proven to be inept with or without him.

The whole Odell getting paid argument is completely ridiculous in the first place. He has years of productivity and moments that have built his resumè as not only the best player on our team, but one of the best players in the league, period. The man is going to make multiple truck loads of money and the Giants loss to the Cowboys Sunday night has NOTHING to do with it. A potential loss to Detroit on Monday night will have NOTHING to do with it.

People seem to always make these crazy accusations about him. The dude has been a gamer for us since Day 1. When we were terrible his first year, he was one of the only guys visibly frustrated with each loss. And we called it "immaturity". Please. Odell does and has always cared more about winning than anything else. There is no conspiracy theory of him dogging this injury for money or anything else. He wants to be out there. As soon as he can realistically be out there, he will be. 

Of course the dude wants to get paid as much as possible, as soon as possible. But he's done nothing out of the ordinary in that pursuit. He skipped optional team workouts over the summer. Who cares?! If he felt he was in more control of his health training on his own, so be it! He showed up on Day 1 on training camp with no complaints and worked his *** off all August until he got hit low and got hurt. What more do you want from the guy? Just ridiculous

16 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

The Giants are garbage? Smack talking is that really the best you can do LionsFTW, I am disappointed.

Figured I'd get some friendly, productive discussion started. Let me try again. 

Eli is one of the worst QB's in the NFL. Always has been. And speaking of has been... that's exactly what the Giants are. A bunch of has been's.

:) 

An improvement.

I disagree with it of course but at least we have something to talk about.  If you wanted to say Eli   is just an average QB that is debatable. One of the worst is too extreme.

As for has been, the Giants were tied for the 2nd best record in the NFC last year, they can't be that bad this season.

I am thinking you and the other Lions fans are just really nervous about this game and trying to convince yourself your going to win by  wanting to believe that the Giants suck. 

1 hour ago, Go_Giants said:

An improvement.

I disagree with it of course but at least we have something to talk about.  If you wanted to say Eli   is just an average QB that is debatable. One of the worst is too extreme.

As for has been, the Giants were tied for the 2nd best record in the NFC last year, they can't be that bad this season.

I am thinking you and the other Lions fans are just really nervous about this game and trying to convince yourself your going to win by  wanting to believe that the Giants suck. 

Let me tell ya... we will win this game based off of simple match. We scored 35 against Arizona. You scored 3 against Dallas. Based off of total law of probability, and factoring in time zone changes, Detroit will win..... 85-0.

28 minutes ago, LionsFTW said:

Let me tell ya... we will win this game based off of simple match. We scored 35 against Arizona. You scored 3 against Dallas. Based off of total law of probability, and factoring in time zone changes, Detroit will win..... 85-0.

I'm guessing everyone in Detroit is pitching tents because Golladay had a fluke great game last week. I can't wait until you all need to take cold showers when him and the rest of your offense gets shut down on Monday night.

53 minutes ago, GMENNATION said:

I'm guessing everyone in Detroit is pitching tents because Golladay had a fluke great game last week. I can't wait until you all need to take cold showers when him and the rest of your offense gets shut down on Monday night.

You cannot argue math. 

Archived