Lions VS Bears Takeaways

Just Want A Title

This game was much more competitive that I have thought it would be.  It would have been nice to see the Lions get a badly needed win but it is what it is.  That said.

1.  David Blough played played better than anyone thought he would.  He had a solid game against a pretty good bears defense.  He kept us in this game.  It would have been nice to see him run more though.  He had a couple of decent chances but passed them up.

2.  We are slowly piecing together a decent running game.  Bo Scarborough continues to provide solid production.  Ty Johnson is starting to flash and JD McKissick is making plays also.  Its not dominant but it is at least decent.

3.  TJ Hockenson is really in a rut.  TE is a tough position but I think his confidence is in the dumpster.  I think he needs to sit more for his own good.

4.  Our outside WRs are doing well on the deep routes but we are having a tough time over the middle of the field on intermediate routes.

5.  Darrel Bevell received a lot of criticism early in the year but he has done a tremendous job putting together game plans in the last few games.

6.  Just like every other QB we face, Tribusky had all day to throw.  We are not getting much interior pressure or outside pressure.  

7.  Our LBs are not exactly awesome either.  We are getting killed on underneath routes.  The wide open TD to the running back was a back-breaker.

8.  The secondary had a rough start but settled in pretty well.  Justin Coleman had an up and down game.  Oruwariye made some good plays but wasn't on the field late.  One thing about him:  he is a really good tackler.

9.  John Atkins continues to play well.  If he lost weight to become just a little quicker he would be much more effective/disruptive.

10.  I think Trey Flowers is much more effective playing from the right side.  If he and Okwara switched positions they would both be better off.

11.  D'Shawn Hand finally got some playing time but was just so-so.  He didn't provide the disruptive presence we need.

12.  The onside kick was awesome!  It almost makes up for the shoddy return coverage.  Almost.

13.  This defense is snake-bitten.  They can't hold a lead late in the game.  Our putrid D-line play has a lot do do with that.  

Bob Quin has done a good job of finding players off the "trash heap" who come in and contribute.  I will give the coaching staff a lot of credit for keeping this team motivated and making bold moves on offense and special teams.   However, this defense can't slow anyone down.  I think the Quandre Diggs trade really did a number on their chemistry and it really shows.  Hopefully, Bob Quin and Matt Patricia will learn this:  You can't implement the "Patriot Way" unless you win.

• Like 2

We didn't have the game on for the first time in idk how long. Peaceful thanksgiving with lots of laughs and "figures" when we all heard the final score. 

Not sure they ever will but hopefully they don't pull the Lions off Thanksgiving games. I'll watch again when a new staff comes in but I can't support these freaking losers running the show right now.