The Jason Garrett GTFO Thread: He’s Gone

resilient part 2

Will Jason Garrett be fired by next game??  

35 members have voted

1. 1. JG will still be the coach next game?

• no Jerry Jones is finally fed up
    • Yes, thats why Jerry Jones is Jery Jones

44 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Jerry isn’t going to have any trouble finding a replacement.

I am not worried about JJ finding a replacement but I am worried about him finding a QUALITY replacement the way he undermines everything his coaches do. If there is a quality candidate would they rather come here or go somewhere that has a lot less drama? I understand the highest profile team in sports but there is also a livability factor that most people are looking at as well. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cowboyfanin2890 said:

I am not worried about JJ finding a replacement but I am worried about him finding a QUALITY replacement the way he undermines everything his coaches do. If there is a quality candidate would they rather come here or go somewhere that has a lot less drama? I understand the highest profile team in sports but there is also a livability factor that most people are looking at as well. 

What's the definition of "quality" here? I fear that definition to most consists of about 4-5 names.Anything outside of those big names is going to fall well short of the lofty expectations Dallas fans have. 

I mean, who is to say that Clemson OC and apparent candidate, Tony Elliott isn't that quality guy you speak of?  This place will never have it. Dallas fans have little to no patience for much of anything right now. My guess is someone outside the upper echelon is hired as HC and it's going to be a biblical meltdown. 

On 12/6/2019 at 3:52 AM, Northland said:

It's absolutely comical.  

Maybe but the reality is he his right everybody needs to do better they have shown over the last two years that they can do better.   Basically this same team on defense/offense/special teams beat Seattle in a play off team and looked the better team doing that.   Unless you think loosing Anthony Hitchens was the key that made our D suddenly suck. 

1 hour ago, textaz03 said:

I can't get on board with the "Barring Playoff Run" - Still too risky...

Hopefully we get blown out by the Rams and are *somehow* still in 1st in the division

Hold out hope Garrett can still get canned in season and they get anyone to be in the interim for the rest of the season/playoffs

I would take anybody....... Irvin, Deion, Jerry himself.... Whatever puts us on track for a 100% new coach next year

40 minutes ago, quiller said:

Maybe but the reality is he his right everybody needs to do better they have shown over the last two years that they can do better.   Basically this same team on defense/offense/special teams beat Seattle in a play off team and looked the better team doing that.   Unless you think loosing Anthony Hitchens was the key that made our D suddenly suck. 

I'm looking at teams like Houston and Baltimore who have mobile QB's who can be, and quite frankly are weapons with their ability to run the ball and I see creative play calling to utilize that threat and keep defenses guessing.  Then I look at Dallas.  Vanilla.  Re the defense.  Troy Aikman nailed it.  As an opposing QB, your pre snap read is your read.  We don't change anything up on defense.  We line up and say what you see is what you are going to get.  This can work if you have phenomenal players.   Again more Vanilla.  So yeah we need to get better, but it starts with coaching.  The product and result on the field is in large part a reflection of the coaching and strategy.

1 hour ago, Northland said:

I'm looking at teams like Houston and Baltimore who have mobile QB's who can be, and quite frankly are weapons with their ability to run the ball and I see creative play calling to utilize that threat and keep defenses guessing.  Then I look at Dallas.  Vanilla.  Re the defense.  Troy Aikman nailed it.  As an opposing QB, your pre snap read is your read.  We don't change anything up on defense.  We line up and say what you see is what you are going to get.  This can work if you have phenomenal players.   Again more Vanilla.  So yeah we need to get better, but it starts with coaching.  The product and result on the field is in large part a reflection of the coaching and strategy.

But....but.....he claps. 

4 hours ago, Northland said:

usatsi_8838208.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

1 hour ago, Northland said:

Jimmy's team.  Jimmy's players.  We won in spite of Switzer.

Switzer knew how to coach. But everyone there was a Jimmy guy and Jerry was hell bent on having it his way. He went out of his way to sign Deion Sanders at any cost and it cost us big for many years. Jerry did a number on the roster, Barry's biggest fault was he wasnt a disciplinarian and couldnt keep the divas in check and the problems started surfacing all over the team. On top of that Jerry was the one picking the talent then and he couldnt replace the roster depth that we lost when he had to cut players due to misconduct.