The Jason Garrett GTFO Thread: He’s Gone

resilient part 2

Will Jason Garrett be fired by next game??  

35 members have voted

1. 1. JG will still be the coach next game?

• no Jerry Jones is finally fed up
    • Yes, thats why Jerry Jones is Jery Jones

3 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

And that is a direct result of Jerry Jones grip on this team. And that is why a head strong, hold players accountable coach will not work in Dallas as long as JJ is in control.

I don't disagree with the hold Jerry has on the club.  He owns it; he signs the cheques.  He can do what he wants.  That should not stop us from pursuing the best HC we can.  Who decides to take the job is another thing.  Not sitting on the proverbial fence here but a big splash famous name as next HC won't surprise me.  Neither will someone who we collectively scratch our heads and say who is this guy?  The no name hire would fit the narrative of the HC in name while Jerry continues to wield tremendous influence.  Regardless it's a soap opera.  The truly remarkable thing is how the Cowboys are still one of, if not the most valuable franchises in the world.  Almost a quarter century of mediocrity and the cash register still rings loudly.

1 hour ago, Northland said:

I don't disagree with the hold Jerry has on the club.  He owns it; he signs the cheques.  He can do what he wants.  That should not stop us from pursuing the best HC we can.  Who decides to take the job is another thing.  Not sitting on the proverbial fence here but a big splash famous name as next HC won't surprise me.  Neither will someone who we collectively scratch our heads and say who is this guy?  The no name hire would fit the narrative of the HC in name while Jerry continues to wield tremendous influence.  Regardless it's a soap opera.  The truly remarkable thing is how the Cowboys are still one of, if not the most valuable franchises in the world.  Almost a quarter century of mediocrity and the cash register still rings loudly.

You spelled "checks" wrong.

So much talk today In news papers, airwaves and blogospheres about keeping Garrett and not jumping to conclusions and firing him to early. Well, IMO, 1 game doesn’t not save Garrett. 1 good game against the Rams does not make up for the full body of work we have seen so far. 9 years of mediocrity and post season failure outweighs anything that 1 game provided us. So far this year has been a Big let down / major failure and I surely hope Jerry and Stephen still see that and don’t have their big Game victory blinders on. 

29 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

So much talk today In news papers, airwaves and blogospheres about keeping Garrett and not jumping to conclusions and firing him to early. Well, IMO, 1 game doesn’t not save Garrett. 1 good game against the Rams does not make up for the full body of work we have seen so far. 9 years of mediocrity and post season failure outweighs anything that 1 game provided us. So far this year has been a Big let down / major failure and I surely hope Jerry and Stephen still see that and don’t have their big Game victory blinders on. 

Meh. Next week the roller coaster ride will go to the other end of the spectrum probably. If the Jones think 1 game, good or bad, is reason enough to retain or fire Redball, the organization was doomed right out of the shoot.

Until the end is official, I'm just hoping for best.  Nothing more. Nothing less. 

Edited by WizardHawk

On 12/14/2019 at 2:22 PM, Northland said:

As a Canadian I embrace the British spelling of cheque.  God save the Queen.  God save our mighty LP.  His excellence has been a bright spot in a train wreck of a season.

LP is officially American now. Get the hell out with that commie canadian crap. 

• Like 1

Serious question, WTF happened to all the motion, misdirection, and play action that we saw in the first month of the season!?
The offense was constantly putting the defense in conflict, using motion and misdirection to slow down opponents and create better leverage in the run and pass game, and opportunistically used Dak’s legs.
By now? It resembles Linehan’s crap more than anything we saw even two months ago.

Seriously.  WTF?

• Like 3