The Jason Garrett GTFO Thread: He’s Gone

resilient part 2

Will Jason Garrett be fired by next game??  

35 members have voted

1. 1. JG will still be the coach next game?

• no Jerry Jones is finally fed up
    • Yes, thats why Jerry Jones is Jery Jones

1 hour ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Thought Experiment.

@plan9misfit you get the choice of re-signing Redball (since his contract is up) or this guy below being our new HC. Who do you pick?

Let's hope it doesn't come to that.  Mike Zimmer has coached the Vikings into being one of the best teams in the league this year.  They would be very foolish to get rid of him. 

4 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

Not me, why tie your brand new HC’s hands with no first round pick. We have plenty of holes than need filled, DT, Safety, TE, CB just to name a few

I don't know. I think you could say there are pieces in place at a couple spots, they simply aren't being used. Jarwin is better than Witten. Lewis over Chido.  Frankly like Matts said, the regression under KR has been pretty noticeable. Chido at one point looked to a solid CB. 

"Bigger Fish" than Riley to us could be Harbaugh, Saban, Belichick, Payton Meyer, etc.

But does that mean the same to Jerry? I think this comes down to how much Stephen is involved. I believe Jerry wants to make a splash play.

Darkhorses:

Witten - Their were rumors I believe last year, that Witten was rumored to be added to the coaching staff.

Tony Romo: This could be Jerry's splash play and a chance to help get Romo his ring.

Mike Tomlin: Lots of rumours of him being let go by Pitt.

1 minute ago, WizardHawk said:

That's what I curious about. Why would Minnesota let him go

Football fans are often quick to react to their emotions.  There are a few Vikings fans who are worried about losing OC Kevin Stefanski to a head coaching gig next season, so they say they would rather get rid of Zim and promote Stefanski to head coach.  This would a monumental mistake in my opinion. 

I think we will win the division this year.  That would be Mike Zimmer's third division title in six years as head coach.  This came during a time when bad luck forced him to go through FIVE different starting QB's going into each of those six years.  That is good coaching as far as I'm concerned.  You don't get rid of a coach like that in hopes of retaining someone who might be the next young flash in the pan like McVay. 

2 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:
12 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

Not me, why tie your brand new HC’s hands with no first round pick. We have plenty of holes than need filled, DT, Safety, TE, CB just to name a few

I don't know. I think you could say there are pieces in place at a couple spots, they simply aren't being used. Jarwin is better than Witten. Lewis over Chido.  Frankly like Matts said, the regression under KR has been pretty noticeable. Chido at one point looked to a solid CB. 

This forum is so freaking bipolar. It is crazy to me.

"This team is the most talented in the league"

"This team has so many needs"

"This team has no passion"

"Garret is losing control because people are yelling"

"We win in spite of Dak, look at his quincy numbers."

"Dak is leading in all the stats. But now we cant win."

"Our team sucks because our meddling coward owner"

"Look at how good we draft and do contracts and what not"

"Our offense needs to go through the RB"

"Our offense needs to get out of the 1990s"

"X, Y, Z is happening. I *KNOW* it"

"I've never watched any all-22"

You all drive me bonkers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CAPJ said:

"Bigger Fish" than Riley to us could be Harbaugh, Saban, Belichick, Payton Meyer, etc.

But does that mean the same to Jerry? I think this comes down to how much Stephen is involved. I believe Jerry wants to make a splash play.

Darkhorses:

Witten - Their were rumors I believe last year, that Witten was rumored to be added to the coaching staff.

Tony Romo: This could be Jerry's splash play and a chance to help get Romo his ring.

Mike Tomlin: Lots of rumours of him being let go by Pitt.

None of the dark horses are viable. People need to stop thinking that Romo is a coaching candidate. No person should ever be made a head coach without any previous coaching experience.

• Like 1

I think I have resigned myself to the idea that firing/keeping Garrett is a lose/lose for us. But keeping him is the best option of a bunch of terrible options.

We fire him:

• Its going to cause strife within the coordinator ranks no matter what we do. And it might actually win us more games (think Freddie Kitchens) in a season that is very likely donzo. 
  • It looks bad to future NFL coaches that might have concerns about stable ownership.
  • It only appeases fans.

We keep him:

• We will likely not win very more games, helping us in the draft. Garrett is a lame duck.
  • Jerry/SJ get to claim they did everything in their power to help him win. Which is good PR for the next coach.
  • But the next month of football is going to be extremely frustrating to watch.

I think even the GTFO crew should want Jason for the rest of the season

25 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

None of the dark horses are viable. People need to stop thinking that Romo is a coaching candidate. No person should ever be made a head coach without any previous coaching experience.

I dont think he is a viable coaching candidate. 

My point was, this is a "Bigger Fish" that I could see Jerry wanting (mainly because he is an idiot) if Stephen doesnt get involved.

I think the only person Jerry loves more than Garrett is Romo. Romo is the flashy announcer and someone that Jerry would brag about how smart he was for taking a chance on him if it worked out.

2 hours ago, TVScout said:

BILL Walsh and Bill Parcells both did.

Besides Jerry had to fire Jimmy because of tampering.

Walsh didnt think he would win again and according to many was burnt out by coaching.

Parcells was due to heart problems or something.

Tampering? Really? Jerry was reported saying Jimmy needed to look and talk to him when they were about to make a draft pick. When things were getting heated between them on draft day. 

The Cowboys were Jimmy's team and Jerry wanted the credit for it being his success, not Jimmy's.