The Jason Garrett GTFO Thread: He’s Gone

resilient part 2

Will Jason Garrett be fired by next game??  

35 members have voted

1. 1. JG will still be the coach next game?

• no Jerry Jones is finally fed up
    • Yes, thats why Jerry Jones is Jery Jones

3 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Tampering? Really?

Do you even know what tampering is?

Jimmy talked with the expansion Jax in 1993 about their coaching job while he was still under contract with Jerry. Jerry had legal right to fire Jimmy on the spot.

Do you have a job? Go talk to another company working for them and see what your current boss does.

Just now, TVScout said:

Do you even know what tampering is?

Jimmy talked with the expansion Jax in 1993 about their coaching job while he was still under contract with Jerry. Jerry had legal right to fire Jimmy on the spot.

Do you have a job? Go talk to another company working for them and see what your current boss does.

Damn thats right. It was Jax. Ive had it in my mind forever now that it was Miami. I guess its because thats where he ended up. 

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

I think I have resigned myself to the idea that firing/keeping Garrett is a lose/lose for us. But keeping him is the best option of a bunch of terrible options.

We fire him:

• Its going to cause strife within the coordinator ranks no matter what we do. And it might actually win us more games (think Freddie Kitchens) in a season that is very likely donzo. 
  • It looks bad to future NFL coaches that might have concerns about stable ownership.
  • It only appeases fans.

We keep him:

• We will likely not win very more games, helping us in the draft. Garrett is a lame duck.
  • Jerry/SJ get to claim they did everything in their power to help him win. Which is good PR for the next coach.
  • But the next month of football is going to be extremely frustrating to watch.

I think even the GTFO crew should want Jason for the rest of the season

Oh hell no.  Telling JG to GTFO serves a greater purpose than merely getting rid of a sucky coach (as if that wasn’t a good enough reason alone).  GTFO is about accountability.  It’s the same thing with Maher really.  As an employer one of the things I absolutely hate the most is when an employee tries to just their poor work performance because someone else’s poorer work performance.  But that’s exactly what happens.  

XSF: it’s okay I missed some blocks because Maher missed all those FGs anyway.  What difference does it make if we can’t even kick a FG when I do my job.

Maher:  it’s okay I missed those FGs because our coach has no concept of clock management.  He let the clock run after the sack, he let the clock run after receiver didn’t get out of bounds.  I should have never been in that position anyway.  

By telling JG to GTFO you are also telling everyone else to STFU.  

• Like 3

I don’t think the bigger fish is a coach Jerry would need to trade for.  First, it takes two to make a trade happen and i don’t see why the saints or pats would want to trade their HCs.  Their windows for winning are still wide open.  Why would any team jeopardize that for a mid first round pick (or 2).  

So so let’s look at the college ranks because there are some big fish there that can be had.  IMO, there are only 3 big fish:  Sweeney, Saban, and Meyer.  If we are being real, the biggest fish is probably Sweeney.  I discount Saban simply because Saban did not impress in the NFL... so much so that I don’t think Saban wants to try again at his age, etc.  But Dabbo has got everything that you want in a HC.  Could he be the next Pete Carrol?  I see a lot of PC characteristics in Sweeney.  Dabbo is the biggest fish in college football and it’s hard to find anything negative about the guy.  

Urban Meyer is a big fish.  He’s a guy that everyone loves and can put together a staff.  He’s got some health issues.  He tends to burn hot and overworks himself and then burns out.  Personally, he’s been my favorite college coach for a long time and so I would love/hate the hire.  The part of that would hate the hire is simply I know he will burn out.  

What about Riley?  He’s a medium fish.  You can talk all about his offenses but then you have to talk about defense.  He’s so far behind Meyer and Sweeney defensively that he’s not in their league.  He would certainly be a splash hire.  But is he a guy you would have faith in to game plan to stop Aaron Rodgers let alone Russell Wilson or Lamar Jackson?  No.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

I don’t think the bigger fish is a coach Jerry would need to trade for.  First, it takes two to make a trade happen and i don’t see why the saints or pats would want to trade their HCs.  Their windows for winning are still wide open.  Why would any team jeopardize that for a mid first round pick (or 2).  

So so let’s look at the college ranks because there are some big fish there that can be had.  IMO, there are only 3 big fish:  Sweeney, Saban, and Meyer.  If we are being real, the biggest fish is probably Sweeney.  I discount Saban simply because Saban did not impress in the NFL... so much so that I don’t think Saban wants to try again at his age, etc.  But Dabbo has got everything that you want in a HC.  Could he be the next Pete Carrol?  I see a lot of PC characteristics in Sweeney.  Dabbo is the biggest fish in college football and it’s hard to find anything negative about the guy.  

Urban Meyer is a big fish.  He’s a guy that everyone loves and can put together a staff.  He’s got some health issues.  He tends to burn hot and overworks himself and then burns out.  Personally, he’s been my favorite college coach for a long time and so I would love/hate the hire.  The part of that would hate the hire is simply I know he will burn out.  

What about Riley?  He’s a medium fish.  You can talk all about his offenses but then you have to talk about defense.  He’s so far behind Meyer and Sweeney defensively that he’s not in their league.  He would certainly be a splash hire.  But is he a guy you would have faith in to game plan to stop Aaron Rodgers let alone Russell Wilson or Lamar Jackson?  No.

Hell F'ing no to Saban. He boned Miami hard bailing on them mid-season. IIRC he left notes in the players locker room???? Is the correct?

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

lol. Now the factual side of it:

The Cowboys were Jerrys team, as the owner. Jerry wanted wanted proper credit for what he was successful for. Jimmy was an egomaniac who antagonized, undermined and was insubordinate to his boss. Also, he was already threatening to quit. 

You asked me about that earlier. Yes, I have seen plenty of high caliber employees be fired for creating hostile work environments.  

Its like you have some personal vendetta against Jerry that doesnt allow you recognize that Jimmy played a *HUGE* part in their demise. At worst it was 50/50.

You know we've had this conversation before and it's the same now as it was before. So because Jerry wanted credit for building the 90s dynasty, jimmy has to sit quietly while the boss who doesnt know football take the credit? 

I'm surprised you dont work for Jerry Matt's, you obviously would make a great Yes Man giving all of your ideas and hard work to you're boss. Except we would still be in 2019, with an embarrassment for a coach and the rest of us here would still be calling for JG and people like you to be kicked out on your keester.

Jerry could have been Robert Kraft without the "illegal" happy endings, being able to say I hired Jimmy Johnson to do what he does best and I helped rebuild the image of Americas team. And no one, even Jimmy would be able to say otherwise. Except what Jerry wanted was greater say in all positions on the team and jimmy wasnt going to relinquish that freedom and that's where the problems started. And why? Because Jerry wanted more credit and the bigger spotlight, it's all been about Jerry. 

Our 90s dynasty was ruined because of Jerry, not Jimmy despite your brainwashed outlook. Jerry could have left it alone like Robert Kraft with BB and we may have dominated the 90s. We will never know, but what we do know is that 25 years later we still have achieved nothing worth a damn because Jerry wants to be right for once. 

But hey that's ok with you, cause according to you, jerry deserves all the praise but half the blame at most when things go down hill. 

Bill Parcells was a bit of the same way except when he accepted all the credit, he had no problem accepting all the blame too. Not like the guy says things like "we have to make a change in order to do what's best for this team" while not removing the key factor of all those things holding back the team which was himself. 

For all your talk about being frustrated with this teams lack of progress, let's be honest. This is fine with you, because JG is still the HC and we are heading to another 8-8 season. And that's ok with you cause that's what Jerry wants right? We may see Zeke, Dak, Cooper, Jaylon, Martin, all of our all-pro talent waste their careers here like our previous all-pros but hey that's ok because its Jerry's team and he should get what he wants right?

Talk all the BS you want but the one man show routine got old years and years ago. You talk about Jimmy's ego, well fans gave it a pass because Jimmy bavked it up with results. Jerry has never accomplished what Jimmy has done. Saying Jerry was responsible for building that dynasty is like saying JP Morgan is responsible for inventing the light bulb. Its f%&king stupid but at least in Morgans defense, he at least knew how to not waste the invention when he got it. 

Jerry is still shocking himself like a moron trying to make it work again.

51 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

Hell F'ing no to Saban. He boned Miami hard bailing on them mid-season. IIRC he left notes in the players locker room???? Is the correct?

That was Bobby Petrino with the Falcons. Saban just lied about taking the Bama job while he was coaching the Dolphins. He officially interviewed for the Bama job immediately following the season.

Edited by plan9misfit

Just now, plan9misfit said:

That was Bobby Petrino with the Falcons. Saban just lied about taking the Bama while he was coaching the Dolphins. He officially interviewed for the Bama job immediately following the season.

Ooops…..thanks for the correction. His Petrino the one on some scandal, cheated on his wife or something like that?

1 hour ago, The_Slamman said:

I think Harbaugh is the biggest fish.

And just like a lot of one sided coaches, I dont think Riley would do anything with the defense. Hell, Sean Payton doesnt either and he is pretty good.  

28 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

You know we've had this conversation before and it's the same now as it was before. So because Jerry wanted credit for building the 90s dynasty, jimmy has to sit quietly while the boss who doesnt know football take the credit? 

I never said this. So this part is irrelevant. 

I'm surprised you dont work for Jerry Matt's, you obviously would make a great Yes Man giving all of your ideas and hard work to you're boss. Except we would still be in 2019, with an embarrassment for a coach and the rest of us here would still be calling for JG and people like you to be kicked out on your keester.

Strawman, because I never said or alluded to any of this either. You are 0 for 2.

Jerry could have been Robert Kraft without the "illegal" happy endings, being able to say I hired Jimmy Johnson to do what he does best and I helped rebuild the image of Americas team. And no one, even Jimmy would be able to say otherwise. Except what Jerry wanted was greater say in all positions on the team and jimmy wasnt going to relinquish that freedom and that's where the problems started. And why? Because Jerry wanted more credit and the bigger spotlight, it's all been about Jerry. 

Lol. The Owner and GM was not allowed to talk to the coaches he paid the checks for. You are spinning the narrative that its all about "who gets credit" and losing site that the HC was an insubordinate donkey. You think Billy B doesnt allow Kraft to come to dinner with the team? Also, Bill is their GM. You keep saying Jerry wanted "greater say" - Link? Proof? Or is this just your opinion? 

0 out of 3 until further evidence is produced. 

Our 90s dynasty was ruined because of Jerry, not Jimmy despite your brainwashed outlook. Jerry could have left it alone like Robert Kraft with BB and we may have dominated the 90s. We will never know, but what we do know is that 25 years later we still have achieved nothing worth a damn because Jerry wants to be right for once. 

Wrong. Jimmy was going to quit no matter what you keep saying. TVSCOUT SHOWED YOU PROOF. You are ignoring it.

0 for 4. 

But hey that's ok with you, cause according to you, jerry deserves all the praise but half the blame at most when things go down hill. 

This is another dumbarse strawman. I clearly said "Jimmy deserves the bulk of the credit". So not only are you wrong, you are now lying. Shame shame.

0 for 5.

Bill Parcells was a bit of the same way except when he accepted all the credit, he had no problem accepting all the blame too. Not like the guy says things like "we have to make a change in order to do what's best for this team" while not removing the key factor of all those things holding back the team which was himself. 

I dont think I ever made this point. But even this is not factual. "If you want me to cook then meal, than you have to let me shop for the groceries". With us though, he never blamed Jerry (in fact, he loves Jerry).. so 1 for 6.

For all your talk about being frustrated with this teams lack of progress, let's be honest. This is fine with you, because JG is still the HC and we are heading to another 8-8 season. And that's ok with you cause that's what Jerry wants right? We may see Zeke, Dak, Cooper, Jaylon, Martin, all of our all-pro talent waste their careers here like our previous all-pros but hey that's ok because its Jerry's team and he should get what he wants right?

You are bordering on idiotic statements now. I literally said all offseason, and all this season, its superbowl or firing Garrett. I cant tell if you are trolling or playing dumb.

1 for 7

Talk all the BS you want but the one man show routine got old years and years ago. You talk about Jimmy's ego, well fans gave it a pass because Jimmy bavked it up with results. Jerry has never accomplished what Jimmy has done. Saying Jerry was responsible for building that dynasty is like saying JP Morgan is responsible for inventing the light bulb. Its f%&king stupid but at least in Morgans defense, he at least knew how to not waste the invention when he got it. 

Jerry is still shocking himself like a moron trying to make it work again.

Again, I have never argued this point. This is your own ridiculous strawman that you have made up in your head.

1 for 8

13%

You failed the test.

On 11/29/2019 at 4:52 PM, Matts4313 said:

I never said this. So this part is irrelevant. 

No you just heavily implied it before and this was like a year ago or so that we had this conversation. You made it clear that Jimmy was at least at half fault for even fighting to retain his authority over the roster which he was justified in doing so. So yes thats what you are saying. 1-0

Strawman, because I never said or alluded to any of this either. You are 0 for 2.

Really? I have heard you defend Jerry and JG on multiple occasions this year included that its the fault of the other coaches and players for not getting the job done, essentially absolving JG of any blame. Jerry just now you put  "at least 50% of the blame" on Jimmy when Jerry was trying to steal his credit for building the team which everyone saw from day one of the split as being Jerry's fault for being too power hungry. Yes you are the perfect Yes man for Jerry. 2-0

Lol. The Owner and GM was not allowed to talk to the coaches he paid the checks for. You are spinning the narrative that its all about "who gets credit" and losing site that the HC was an insubordinate donkey. You think Billy B doesnt allow Kraft to come to dinner with the team? Also, Bill is their GM. You keep saying Jerry wanted "greater say" - Link? Proof? Or is this just your opinion? 

LMAO and you call me a strawman? This alone proves you think Jerry has done nothing wrong, Jimmy has dined and entertained plenty of people he disliked and Jerry was a personal friend of his. Jerry is not Robert Kraft, Kraft has stayed almost entirely out of Bill's process of doing things and they are easily the most successful franchise in football history. Jerry did not stay out of it, not only did he want Jimmy to acknowledge him in the media as being the architect of the resurgence of the franchise, he also wanted the last word with personell decisions on the roster. 

I mean you actually think Jimmy would exclude one of his best friends just to be a d!ck? Sorry Jimmy is notorious for not only being egotistical but being a very likeable and relatable person. He just did not want to be a puppet and that's basically what Jerry was wanting. If Jimmy was every bit the ego maniac who didn't want to share any type of glory with anyone else he would have had a more Parcells like approach to things where he took all the credit. But that's not what happened, anyone who was old enough back then and not senile like some are now knows that Jimmy was sharing the spotlight. With Jerry, with Emmitt, with Aikman, Haley, especially Irvin. He didn't mind it one bit, Jerry had other ideas though. 

Again you are a Jerry Yes Man. And a JG man at least up until like the last couple of games. I mean dont lose faith now brother, believe like Jerry im sure Redball is gonna come through for us any year now by advancing beyond the 2nd round of the playoffs. I mean whats another 10 years right? You obviously havent minded Jerry's 25+ way of doing things.