The Jason Garrett GTFO Thread: He’s Gone

resilient part 2

Will Jason Garrett be fired by next game??  

35 members have voted

1. 1. JG will still be the coach next game?

• no Jerry Jones is finally fed up
    • Yes, thats why Jerry Jones is Jery Jones

All this talk about the Cowboys going 8-8 and our glory years of the 90s. All I know is that the Cowboys will go into Soldier Field this Thursday and kick the "ish" out of the Chicago Bears, then win out the rest of season. A 10-6 record heading into the playoffs.

Edited by Tony7188
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

THE DEBATE IS WHY DID JERRY AND JIMMY DIVORCE. FOLLOW ALONG. 

Jerry didnt even become GM until about the time Jimmy Quit. QUIT.

Provide sources for your opinion, or you are lying/confused. If you had sources, you would have shut me up by now.  

Jerry has not once has ever hired a GM and was the GM since 1989 hiring Jimmy though he left everything from the roster decisions downward to Jimmy. Assuming more control when when he got rid of Jimmy. Why is why they "divorced" if thats really what you want to call it. Facts. Everyone including Jerry and Jimmy know this, everyone except you. 

6 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

All this talk about the Cowboys going 8-8 and our glory years of the 90s. All I know is that the Cowboys will go into Soldier Field next Sunday and kick the "ish" out of the Chicago Bears, then win out the rest of season. A 10-6 record heading into the playoffs.

Then lose to Seattle. 

53 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

?????? I'm not sure if you're being deliberately obtuse but "control" and the term "power struggle" came up all over google when I typed in "Jerry jones jimmy johnson control"

Unless you were living under a rock Matts all you have to do is look at the evidence. 

As you said and everyone knows, Jimmy is an ego maniac. That ego maniac required full control over all roster decisions. Then rumors started swirling that Jerry wanted a "greater say" or "final say" in those roster decisions which lead to Jimmy firing back.

At which point in this now famous quote by Jerry Jones said at the owners meeting in 94 which got published "500 coaches could have won a SB with this team".

Shortly after that "amicable parting of the ways happened" that was "at worst 50% Jimmy's fault" cause we all know how easy going Jerry is and how he has no problem letting coaches, coach.

Now here comes the biggest piece of evidence like @Rtnldave said has been since 1994 onwards till what may be the last few years. 2 playoff wins since 1995 when Switzer and Jerry demolished Jimmy's team which lead to Jerry admitting he would have fired any other GM with the results he has had in a interview done back in 2012. And the reason he couldnt? Well be "he" was that GM.........how do you not see that it was because of a power struggle with 25+ years of evidence?

Again stop sidetracking, side stepping and BSing to just not have to say you were wrong Matts. 

giphy.gif

Rtnldave, Calvert 🍻

Matt's 💩

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Then lose to Seattle. 

True. The best case scenario would be to finish 6-10 and get a high draft pick, but I doubt that happens. It's more likely that Dallas will win out or go 9-7 to finish there year. I think they win out then lose in the WC.

Both scenarios will lead to JG exiting as the HC, which will be great.

Edited by Tony7188

20 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

All this talk about the Cowboys going 8-8 and our glory years of the 90s. All I know is that the Cowboys will go into Soldier Field next Sunday and kick the "ish" out of the Chicago Bears, then win out the rest of season. A 10-6 record heading into the playoffs.

Love the enthusiasm. I always want the Boys to win under any circumstance. And I try to be a realist....but JG time here is or should be over. It's really time for a change and anything that keeps him here as a HC just can't happen.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

You mean Thursday.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

Love the enthusiasm. I always want the Boys to win under any circumstance. And I try to be a realist....but JG time here is or should be over. It's really time for a change and anything that keeps him here as a HC just can't happen.

You know know Jerry might. And of course some would be ok with that because Jerry can do no wrong and JG was the right person all along with us neysayers just being haters and not giving him a chance. 

I don’t know what to expect.   While I am not on the it’s all JG fault band wagon I personally feel it’s closer to  40% JG and 60% players   I do see JErry pulling the string if we loose to Chicago though frankly today’s loss by Philly actually helps keep JG in place.   As long as this team has a legitimate shot at play offs JG remains the coach and right now technically all we have to do is beat Philly and Washington and we win division

I also can see this team beating seattle at home but the injury to c Williams is a big blow

19 minutes ago, quiller said:

I don’t know what to expect.   While I am not on the it’s all JG fault band wagon I personally feel it’s closer to  40% JG and 60% players   I do see JErry pulling the string if we loose to Chicago though frankly today’s loss by Philly actually helps keep JG in place.   As long as this team has a legitimate shot at play offs JG remains the coach and right now technically all we have to do is beat Philly and Washington and we win division

I also can see this team beating seattle at home but the injury to c Williams is a big blow

XSF is certainly not a good replacement but Williams wasn't doing all the great I didn't think to begin with. I wouldn't call it a big blow necessarily.