The Jason Garrett GTFO Thread: He’s Gone

resilient part 2

Will Jason Garrett be fired by next game??  

35 members have voted

1. 1. JG will still be the coach next game?

• no Jerry Jones is finally fed up
    • Yes, thats why Jerry Jones is Jery Jones

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

I’m surprised people are this uptight and worried about missing out on (x) coach.

I mean, JG is going to be re-signed so why worry about what other coach we’re missing out on interviewing. LO ‘EFFING L.

I think its taking so long because we are coming up with a new power structure

Emperor Garrett

HC of Offensive Airstrikes: Lincoln Riley

Darth McDaniels 

DC of Naval Defenses: Don "Wink" Martindale

Darth Robert Saleh

HC of Special Forces: John Fassel

Darth David Toubb

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

How about that OU had the number 1 rated QB in last years class as well. QB1 would have been riding pine for a 2-3 years. It was a smart move to de-commit

I think it’s more indicative of that than Riley leaving for the NFL. I wonder where he’s going to transfer to.

5 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

I think it’s more indicative of that than Riley leaving for the NFL. I wonder where he’s going to transfer to.

I highly doubt it. Rattler is a huge prospect at QB for Riley. He had been recruiting him for 2-3 years. It was his first big time recruit. Vandagriff probably realized he wouldn’t be seeing the field anytime soon and hurting his long term development thus future opportunities 

34 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

I highly doubt it. Rattler is a huge prospect at QB for Riley. He had been recruiting him for 2-3 years. It was his first big time recruit. Vandagriff probably realized he wouldn’t be seeing the field anytime soon and hurting his long term development thus future opportunities 

That’s what I was saying. Re-read the post. I agreed with you.

• Like 1

I’ve  been thinking this over today. I wonder if Garrett is actually negotiating an executive position with the team. After all Jerry sees this as a family business. Why else needing 3 meetings to find out your future job status. Second if Jerry loved Jason so much, he wouldn’t do him a disservice by holding him out of future job offers.

With that said, I’m gonna go with the idea that I’ve seen floater a few small times. Jerry loves a big splash right? What a bigger splash than Nick Saban?? 

There are A few connections. Garrett was Saban’s QB Coach in Miami, Jason Witten and Saban share the same agent, Jimmy Sexton. Witten is another intrical  family member to Jones and Garrett. 

so perhaps this entire wait was to have Alabama finish the Citrus Bowl today before any announcements would be made. 

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Edited by textaz03

It really is insane how they’re playing out the string here due to “respect” when in practice it’s the opposite. Say what you want of Garrett and his staff, but they deserve the right to seek new employment rather than hang around in this limbo.

Or maybe we’re just incompetent. That’s probably it. How does this process endear us to future candidates? It’s like we’re holding onto him out of spite.

3 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

It really is insane how they’re playing out the string here due to “respect” when in practice it’s the opposite. Say what you want of Garrett and his staff, but they deserve the right to seek new employment rather than hang around in this limbo.

Or maybe we’re just incompetent. That’s probably it. How does this process endear us to future candidates? It’s like we’re holding onto him out of spite.

I agree, unless of course Garrett is actually negotiating employment within front office. I also think he told his coaching staff that if something else comes along, take it. So there isn't any hold up there for them.

It has all played out very strangely I will admit. 

47 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

I’ve  been thinking this over today. I wonder if Garrett is actually negotiating an executive position with the team. After all Jerry sees this as a family business. Why else needing 3 meetings to find out your future job status. Second if Jerry loved Jason so much, he wouldn’t do him a disservice by holding him out of future job offers.

With that said, I’m gonna go with the idea that I’ve seen floater a few small times. Jerry loves a big splash right? What a bigger splash than Nick Saban?? 

There are A few connections. Garrett was Saban’s QB Coach in Miami, Jason Witten and Saban share the same agent, Jimmy Sexton. Witten is another intrical  family member to Jones and Garrett. 

so perhaps this entire wait was to have Alabama finish the Citrus Bowl today before any announcements would be made. 

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

While I agree with @plan9misfit he's a huge long shot for various reasons, I really can't help but wonder. If there is a HR hire, I would have to think Saban probably trumps everyone outside of Belichick.

Definitely not going to hold my breath.

3 hours ago, textaz03 said:

There are a few issues here:

1) Why commit your OU in the first place, then?

2) Rattler was 2019, Vandagriff is 2021. Rattler will be draft eligible after 2021. Vandagriffwould be in line to likely start as a RS Freshman. Worst case scenario he starts as a RS Sophomore. That’s not at all a bad situation at all.

Whether he Riley is leaving this year or not, I don’t know. But I think Vandagraff made his decision because he assumes Riley won’t be around for long more than because of Rattler. 

Only logical thing I can think of as to why they are holding onto Garrett still is they want the Giants to sign up a new coach before we dismiss Garrett assuming they do not want him to remain in the NFCE.  Outside of that there is zero logic and it is just pathetic, kind of like this entire franchise over the pat 25+ years.