Week 14 GDT - Dallas @ Chicago

D82

1 hour ago, TheGame316 said:

Atta guy - Welcome to the GTFO Club!

My contempt for Garrett trumps my love of the team.  We will not progress with Garrett.  As long as the red haired fraud is on the sideline I will not watch any games but will support the opposition.  Desperate times call for desperate measures.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, atran35 said:

Yup. Saw this coming. JJ will not fire JG until MAYBE after the season. LOL. 

If Garrett stays on as coach then after 40 years of being a fan I am done.  I'll get kicked off this site for trolling.  I mean really how can keeping Garrett even be considered at this point?

Here's how I see it.  If you go to a restaurant and the experience is lousy you may chalk it up to being a one time thing and give it another try.  If it sucks again you won't go back.  Why give your hard earned dollars to an establishment that doesn't deliver?

When my wife and I bought our current home we went with Kitchen Aid appliances.  All of them lemons.  All had multiple service calls.  All have been replaced.  We won't look at the brand again.

So why do any of us have to keep coming back to the Dallas Cowboys well again?  The well is dry.  This team, under current leadership cannot deliver.  There's a lot of hype, a lot of talk, but in the end they fall short.  Nothing is more frustrating than wasted talent.

Put a product on the field that displays some grit, heart, and determination and I'll be there.  But to display those characteristics the current head coach has to go.

33 minutes ago, Northland said:

If Garrett stays on as coach then after 40 years of being a fan I am done.  I'll get kicked off this site for trolling.  I mean really how can keeping Garrett even be considered at this point?

Here's how I see it.  If you go to a restaurant and the experience is lousy you may chalk it up to being a one time thing and give it another try.  If it sucks again you won't go back.  Why give your hard earned dollars to an establishment that doesn't deliver?

When my wife and I bought our current home we went with Kitchen Aid appliances.  All of them lemons.  All had multiple service calls.  All have been replaced.  We won't look at the brand again.

So why do any of us have to keep coming back to the Dallas Cowboys well again?  The well is dry.  This team, under current leadership cannot deliver.  There's a lot of hype, a lot of talk, but in the end they fall short.  Nothing is more frustrating than wasted talent.

Put a product on the field that displays some grit, heart, and determination and I'll be there.  But to display those characteristics the current head coach has to go.

Agreed, but just WHO is the real problem here?

Garrett - won multiple NFC East titles and appeared in playoffs three times, Div round.

Phillips- won 2 NFC East titles and appeared in playoffs twice, Div round.

Parcells- No NFC East titles and appeared in playoffs twice, lost in 1st round.

Now, I don't know about you, but I see a trend here. No matter the coach, this team cannot finish.

They are soft, undisciplined, winded and tired late in the game or season, and they make mental mistakes.

I can only assume this is a reflection of the influence Jerry Jones has on his HC, no matter who it is.

If a HC comes in with a stronger personality or influence on the team, ie Jimmy Johnson, there will be a conflict with the owner. And that will not work.

Result, Jerry's word is law, he manipulates the HC, the team is soft and no accountability is held = No title.

3 hours ago, Rtnldave said:

If a HC comes in with a stronger personality or influence on the team, ie Jimmy Johnson, there will be a conflict with the owner. And that will not work.

You mean Parcells? Jerry wanted to keep him but Bill decided to retire due to fatigue.

3 hours ago, Rtnldave said:

........ the team is soft and no accountability is held = No title.

That was only true during the Wade era.