Week 14 GDT - Dallas @ Chicago

D82

24 minutes ago, TVScout said:

You mean Parcells? Jerry wanted to keep him but Bill decided to retire due to fatigue.

That was only true during the Wade era.

That's the popular version. The fact is JJ wanted T.O. and Parcells was emphatically against it. JJ got what he wanted, Parcells: "Screw you guys, I'm going home."

It's still true! Are you blind??? Did you see how Josh Allen fought for the fumbled snap, then wrestled his way to a 1st down on that 4th and 1? And what was our defense doing? Duh.... what happened??? Why didn't the whistle blow? Did we stop them? Oh wait! There was a fumble DUHHHHHHHH!

We can't even recognize or stay focused enough to take advantage of golden opportunities in games because we are mentally soft, head not in the game, not paying attention, waiting for "the other guy" to make a play, whatever. It's a Gosh Damn embarrassment! Last week with the special teams snafu, and I'm not talking about the blocked punt, was no different. The opportunities to capitalize on other teams mistakes are there, we just aren't recognizing them when they happen. ie: we are soft, mentally and physically. Did you see all of the missed tackles yesterday? COuldn't get the QB on the ground, S. Lee sliding right off of a RB in the backfield? WTF!

This team lacks discipline, accountability, determination and grit. 

3 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

That's the popular version. The fact is JJ wanted T.O. and Parcells was emphatically against it. JJ got what he wanted, Parcells: "Screw you guys, I'm going home."

This is revisionist history to fit your narrative. At the time, everyone thought Parcells was quitting because of TO. 

It wasnt until after he retired we found that was not the reason, and Bill approved the TO trade.

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

This is revisionist history to fit your narrative. At the time, everyone thought Parcells was quitting because of TO. 

It wasnt until after he retired we found that was not the reason, and Bill approved the TO trade.

Oh have it your way, point is we seem to get just so far no matter who is coaching. And the losses are also consistent. We fall behind by multiple scores, we rally back only to fall just short or have a BS call take the game away from us. 

12 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

Oh have it your way, point is we seem to get just so far no matter who is coaching. And the losses are also consistent. We fall behind by multiple scores, we rally back only to fall just short or have a BS call take the game away from us. 

I mean, I understand the frustration.

But you understand the idea that the league has done everything in their power to make this true right? Parity? Thats the reason the worst teams draft first. Thats the reason for a salary cap. If the league had its way, a team would win the superbowl once every 32 years.

I mean, *NEWSFLASH* Cowboys fans. We have won 1 superbowl in the salary cap era. So that great history (20 consecutive winning seasons, 4 superbowls) will likely never happen again for any team (including the Pats once they get rid of the GOAT coach/QB combo).

List of Superbowl winners in the Salary cap era:

Cowboys, Eagles, Saints, Seahawks, 9ers, Rams, Bucs, Colts - 1

Packers, Ravens, Steelers, Giants - 2

Broncos - 3

Pats - 7

18 OTHER TEAMS - 0

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

I mean, I understand the frustration.

But you understand the idea that the league has done everything in their power to make this true right? Parity? Thats the reason the worst teams draft first. Thats the reason for a salary cap. If the league had its way, a team would win the superbowl once every 32 years.

I mean, *NEWSFLASH* Cowboys fans. We have won 1 superbowl in the salary cap era. So that great history (20 consecutive winning seasons, 4 superbowls) will likely never happen again for any team (including the Pats once they get rid of the GOAT coach/QB combo).

List of Superbowl winners in the Salary cap era:

Cowboys, Eagles, Saints, Seahawks, 9ers, Rams, Bucs, Colts - 1

Packers, Ravens, Steelers, Giants - 2

Broncos - 3

Pats - 7

18 OTHER TEAMS - 0

Too lazy to do the work, but if you look at that same list as SB appearances, Dallas still only has 1,and that is the tail end of their dynasty.

Some other teams on that list:

Pats -11

Broncos-4

Sea, Rams, Giants, Steelers, Ravens, Packers,  -3

Phila, Atl, Saints, 9ers, Colts -2

Bucs, Cards, Raiders, Bears, -1

Hell, in that time we haven't even made it to the NFC title game! 

That puts us in the undesirable company of other former perennial playoff contenders:

Wash, Mia, Minn, SD, Dal.

Try looking at it thru that lens.

Edited by Rtnldave

35 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

Too lazy to do the work, but if you look at that same list as SB appearances, Dallas still only has 1,and that is the tail end of their dynasty.

Some other teams on that list:

Pats -11

Broncos-4

Sea, Rams, Giants, Steelers, Ravens, Packers,  -3

Phila, Atl, Saints, 9ers, Colts -2

Bucs, Cards, Raiders, Bears, -1

Hell, in that time we haven't even made it to the NFC title game! 

That puts us in the undesirable company of other former perennial playoff contenders:

Wash, Mia, Minn, SD, Dal.

Try looking at it thru that lens.

Why would that lens matter to anything aside from "in the moment" bragging rights? Like, did Philly fans before 2017 feels super awesome because "well, at least we made it once in 60 years" - No...

The goal of every team is to win a superbowl. 

13 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

MRI on Cooper’s knee came back negative. He should be good to go. 

Connor Williams is out for remainder of year with ACL tear. 

XSF vs Hicks, Donald, and Cox next 3 weeks. Eek

He may be barely average but showed some toughness coming back in. Did he finish the 2nd half?