Josh Allen is an ELITE QB

VanS

Josh Allen deserves credit and acknowledgment as a very promising young franchise QB. Here, people will get hung up on the OP putting the word elite in the thread. 

If I were to take any non-Lamar QB from the 2018 class, it'd be Josh Allen by a wide margin. 

Edited by wackywabbit
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Manny/Patrick said:

Elite? No. Good. Yessir

When you look at the lack of talent around him on offense he is elite.  There aren't many players on that side of the ball for the Bills that would be starters on many other playoff teams.  Josh Allen is carrying them on his back.

If you gave him Dak's weapons and o-line, he would be putting up 2018 Mahomes numbers.

Just now, VanS said:

When you look at the lack of talent around him on offense he is elite.  There aren't many players on that side of the ball for the Bills that would be starters on many other playoff teams.  Josh Allen is carrying them on his back.

If you gave him Dak's weapons and o-line, he would be putting up 2018 Mahomes numbers.

I respect that opinion, I just feel like he runs out of the pocket a lot. Granted I’ve only seen 2 of his games 

3 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

If I were to take any non-Lamar QB from the 2018 class, it'd be Josh Allen by a wide margin. 

I would argue Allen vs Jackson is debatable long term.  Right now its easily Lamar.  But I believe Josh Allen has more potential over the long term.

8 minutes ago, VanS said:

I would argue Allen vs Jackson is debatable long term.  Right now its easily Lamar.  But I believe Josh Allen has more potential over the long term.

I would donate a vital organ for Lamar, so I'm not the person to engage in a debate of Lamar vs anyone. 

Taking Lamar out of the equation, I thought Josh Allen was the best QB prospect in the 2018 class, has been the most impressive of that class, and has the brightest future going forward. 

Again, he deserves a thread were we seriously acknowledge the player's he has been and how much the earlier criticism of him seems to have been off-base. Instead, of a thread where we all say lol... only Brady/WIlson/Mahommes are elite. 

Edited by wackywabbit
  • Like 1

Bills QB flashes "POTENTIAL" gets declared a franchise QB.

Bills QB gets HOT gets called "REALLY GOOD"

Bills QB goes on a winning streak gets called "ELITE"

Bills QB plays patriots "It's one game"

Bills QB sucks next year "it's one season"

Bills QB isn't "good enough"

Bills QB gets run out of town by new regime because new regime means new QBs. 

Rinse repeat. 

• Like 2

He doesn’t have bums around him though, so that point doesn’t make sense. Yes, he doesn’t have a big time top 10 go up and get the ball receiver, but Brown and Beasley are top tier #2/3 guys respectively. Knox will continue to grow and i think he will be a good player going forward as well. Singletary has stud written all over him, and our offensive line has been good most of the season as well. The only thing you could ask for weapon wise is a George Kittle or a Deandre Hopkins, but not many teams have those types of weapons because those are top tier HOF type talents. I’ve been defending and praising Josh for over a year. I knew he would need time to grow, where he has surprised the hell out of me is how he has cut back on the recklessness. After how bad that Patriots game was, he took it on the chin and grew from it. I’ve always been sold on his intangibles, and he’s using those intangibles to grow as a player and it’s exciting to see.

• Like 6