Josh Allen is an ELITE QB

VanS

3 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

Bills QB flashes "POTENTIAL" gets declared a franchise QB.

Bills QB gets HOT gets called "REALLY GOOD"

Bills QB goes on a winning streak gets called "ELITE"

Bills QB plays patriots "It's one game"

Bills QB sucks next year "it's one season"

Bills QB isn't "good enough"

Bills QB gets run out of town by new regime because new regime means new QBs. 

Rinse repeat. 

I mean if you can’t see the difference between Josh Allen and Tyrod Taylor or Fitzpatrick (which  I assume you’re talking about one of the two) then idk what to tell you.

Even worse so is comparing Brandon Beane and Sean McDermott to our previous regimes who never had this kind of success, or ability to have a definite culture.

What a dumb post

Edited by bigbadbuff
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

He doesn’t have bums around him though, so that point doesn’t make sense. Yes, he doesn’t have a big time top 10 go up and get the ball receiver, but Brown and Beasley are top tier #2/3 guys respectively. Knox will continue to grow and i think he will be a good player going forward as well. Singletary has stud written all over him, and our offensive line has been good most of the season as well.

What team currently in strong playoff position has worse skill position players than the Bills?  The closest is probably San Francisco but they have Kittle and the best play-caller in the NFL right now in Kyle Shanahan who draws guys open every game.

The Bills are not that talented on offense outside of the QB position.  If you took Josh Allen off that offense they would struggle to score points.  He's carrying them right now.

Edited by VanS

2 minutes ago, VanS said:

What team currently in strong playoff position has worse skill position players than the Bills?  The closest is probably San Francisco but they have Kittle and the best play-caller in the NFL right now in Kyle Shanahan who draws guys open every game.

The Bills are not that talented on offense outside of the QB position.  If you took Josh Allen off that offense they would struggle to score points.  He's carrying them right now.

Hey I’m not disagreeing that he is carrying us, also would disagree that other playoff teams have better offensive weapons. But on the other side of the coin our defense is a for sure elite unit

1 minute ago, LeotheLion said:

Colts are argubably worse. 

I like Marlon Mack, TY Hilton, and Eric Ebron over anyone of the Bills skill position players.  And I would take their o-line over Buffalo as well.  Indy in injured right now but when healthy that is a very talented offense.

1 minute ago, bigbadbuff said:

They aren’t a playoff team as it stands, and they have Ty Hilton sooooo

And who else do they have? 1 great skill player doesn't mean you have good skill guys. I'd rather have 2-3 really strong options then 1 great one.

I took strong playoff position to be teams in good contention. Right now they have the same record as the 6th place team. 

4 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

He doesn’t have bums around him though, so that point doesn’t make sense. Yes, he doesn’t have a big time top 10 go up and get the ball receiver, but Brown and Beasley are top tier #2/3 guys respectively. Knox will continue to grow and i think he will be a good player going forward as well. Singletary has stud written all over him, and our offensive line has been good most of the season as well. The only thing you could ask for weapon wise is a George Kittle or a Deandre Hopkins, but not many teams have those types of weapons because those are top tier HOF type talents. I’ve been defending and praising Josh for over a year. I knew he would need time to grow, where he has surprised the hell out of me is how he has cut back on the recklessness. After how bad that Patriots game was, he took it on the chin and grew from it. I’ve always been sold on his intangibles, and he’s using those intangibles to grow as a player and it’s exciting to see.

Good post. As a Ravens' fan I certainly know John Brown is no scrub. Having a QB that is a threat to run is always going to make a line and running game look good. But, I'm sold on Josh Allen's intangibles too. Lamar and Allen were my favorite prospects in the 2018 draft because I would always gamble on an elite athlete, who demonstrates toughness, leadership, and love/commitment to being great at the game. The weakness of both, as prospects before the draft, was inaccuracy. The consensus among scouts (that caused them to fall) was to be that "accuracy can't be improved" and accuracy was by far the most important thing to look for in a prospect. I would very much enjoy seeing them both succeed and challenge that idea. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LeotheLion said:

And who else do they have? 1 great skill player doesn't mean you have good skill guys. I'd rather have 2-3 really strong options then 1 great one.

I took strong playoff position to be teams in good contention. Right now they have the same record as the 6th place team. 

Marlon Mack is really good. The Doyle/Ebron tandem is good as well, not elite but really solid. Hines is also good for what he is, a pass catching change of pace back.

2 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Good post. As a Ravens' fan I certainly know John Brown is no scrub. Having a QB that is a threat to run is always going to make a line and running game look good. But, I'm sold on Josh Allen's intangibles too. Lamar and Allen were my favorite prospects in the 2018 draft because I would always gamble on an elite athlete, who demonstrates toughness, leadership, and love/commitment to being great at the game. The weakness of both, as prospects before the draft, was inaccuracy. The consensus among scouts (that caused them to fall) was to be that "accuracy can't be improved" and accuracy was by far the most important thing to look for in a prospect. I would very much enjoy seeing them both succeed and challenge that idea. 

I’m hella excited for next weekend and the test that the Ravens impose, hoping for a really good game. We are going to find out how good Josh Allen really is in the next month. 

Square off with Lamar next week, @ Pittsburgh and @ New England after that which are two great defenses