Josh Allen is an ELITE QB

VanS

3 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

I can tell you the only difference is so far is Josh Allen has the regime's long term commitment which is likely to be gone in a season or two.

Ah yes classic McDermott who made the decision to bench Tyrod in the middle of the playoff hunt for Nathan Peterman, Beane hasn't been terrible but the bills clearly have issues on both sides of the ball.

Hindsight 20/20 on the Peterman thing. Still understand it. He benched Tyrod Taylor not Peyton Manning. 

• Like 2

What's his passer rating, his agg% and pff grade... before i anoint him as a franchise qb. Elite isnt even in the cards until atleast 3 years of play (THAT GOES FOR ANY QB OR PLAYER). My eyes tell me he is underrated on here. But i need PR, AGG% and PFF grade. 

Edited by Bearerofnews

1 minute ago, PapaShogun said:

PFFs 31st ranked passer.

PFOs 24th ranked passer in DYAR.

He's not elite, and it has nothing to do with his cast. His accuracy is all over the place on many throws, which was a knock on him coming out of college. 

His deep ball was nonexistent outside of the last 3 weeks, he’s been money all year long on the 10-20 yard throws though. Hopefully the couple of deep throws he has hit the last couple of weeks continues

56 minutes ago, VanS said:

When you look at the lack of talent around him on offense he is elite.  There aren't many players on that side of the ball for the Bills that would be starters on many other playoff teams.  Josh Allen is carrying them on his back.

If you gave him Dak's weapons and o-line, he would be putting up 2018 Mahomes numbers.

Why does everyone think we have a good O-line? We haven't had a good, or as good as everyone thinks, for 2 or 3 years now. Average at best.

9 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

Hindsight 20/20 on the Peterman thing. Still understand it. He benched Tyrod Taylor not Peyton Manning. 

You do not bench your veteran starter in the middle of a playoff race for a rookie QB unless they're a 1st rounder.

It's still a terrible decision that highlights his thinking process. 

49 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

People need to eat crow that were saying he was going to be horrible. 

I loved him as a prospect. I avoided having to eat crow on this one, thankfully.

I'm in the same boat. And frankly, that's all I care about. That my love of him as a prospect for the two years before he was drafted (even with that awful final season) didn't come back to bite me on the hindquarters lol. 

40 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

Must haven't watched Brady this year. It's been pretty ugly. 

Brady also has nothing at TE, rotating guys at outside WR, a subpar run game, and a pretty poor OL.  Allen has a better supporting cast.  One game to win, I take Brady every time this year and it's not close.

That said, I absolutely love Josh Allen.

Until he gets paid that second contract and the Bills can't afford to put a good team around him like literally every other QB not married to a billionaire supermodel and thus does not care about money.  Bills have a two year window starting next year (only because it's almost impossible to win a Super Bowl in a quarterback's first year of playoff experience).