Why hasnt Jason Garret been fired yet

Vladimir L

I just posted a similar question in the Cowboy's Forum.  I'm a Vikings fan so I feel like I'm pretty unbiased.  If people like us are asking the question, what must the Cowboys fans be going through after 10 years with this guy?  It just seems too simple for the answer to be that Jerruh is an ego-maniac and only keeps Garrett around because he is a yes-man.  Jerry does so many things well as an owner, it's hard to believe he is willing to sabotage his team's success just to stroke his own ego. 

1 minute ago, swooshmaster said:

Why though? Cowboys are 6-6 with 4 games left and leading the NFC East. They still have a chance at the Playoffs here. You don't simply fire a HC mid-season who's first in their division.

But is Dallas even going to do anything in the post season if they get in through the back door because the division is bad? i don’t think just making the playoffs necessarily saves Garrett. 

5 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

But is Dallas even going to do anything in the post season if they get in through the back door because the division is bad? i don’t think just making the playoffs necessarily saves Garrett. 

I think they should ride this season out and if Cowboys don't at least make NFCCG then consider a HC change. As of right now it's just a kneejerk reaction to getting beatdown by the Bills. Firing Garrett right now would signal that they've given up on this season and it's still early that's absurd.

34 minutes ago, swooshmaster said:

I think they should ride this season out and if Cowboys don't at least make NFCCG then consider a HC change. As of right now it's just a kneejerk reaction to getting beatdown by the Bills. Firing Garrett right now would signal that they've given up on this season and it's still early that's absurd.

to be fair, it's been like 6 years of .500ish football with a few outlier years that never seem to be the beginning of anything

Poor playoff performances, atrocious game management, The list could go on forever

There would be nothing kneejerk about getting rid of Garrett at any time. It's long overdue

10 hours ago, TheGame316 said:

There would be nothing kneejerk about getting rid of Garrett at any time. It's long overdue

Yet 4 weeks ago after B2B Wins , Jerry and the masses were signing his praises. Funny how the NFL works when you lose 3 of the next 4!

To be clear, I agree he should of been fired years ago but that would mean Jerry admitting failure,  which was never going to happen. 

I'm still holding out hope for a 10 yr extension. 🙏

Edited by Nabbs4u

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Yet 4 weeks ago after B2B Wins , Jerry and the masses were signing his praises. Funny how the NFL works when you lose 3 of the next 4!

To be clear, I agree he should of been fired years ago but that would mean Jerry admitting failure,  which was never going to happen. 

I'm still holding out hold for a 10 yr extension. 🙏

Well Jerry and the masses on multiple occasions have proven to be idiots. I wanted him gone long before this year but the absolute low point in his entire career was losing to the Jets this year. That was inexcusable but Jerry is like a gambling addict at a slot machine. He doesn't care about odds, or money, he's not gonna try another slot machine cause he's convinced that he's difference maker and JG just needs one last shot.

He's been pulling this sh!t since Jimmy Johnson left. 

• Like 1

Ahem,

Jerry had to fire Wade 9 years ago because he lost the team. Jason has not lost the team and he won't because he imposes a certain level of discipline and standards. The play calling is not very good but that is the fault of Kellen Moore to a large extent. Even with that the failures on offense are almost entirely due to failures by the players themselves. The same can be said about every other phase of the game. It has already been posted how the Cowboys O-line has fallen from G.O.A.T. to well  .....   goat. That near collapse is the result of injury and illness both of which have nothing to do with the coaches. I have already posted how the Cowboys have the worst special teams in the League. Time was they had some of the best and were winning close hard games. Now they are losing those types of games. Again not Jason's fault. 

If anything Jason is largely responsible for the team even being able to be at .500. Without Garrett the roster would not have been rebuilt. Without Dak, Tyron, Fredbeard, and at least a few other players where would the Cowboys be now? 4/8? 3/9? maybe even 2/10?  What Jerry should do is promote Jason into management to keep his player personnel acumen and replace almost everybody else. If Garrett gets fired he won't be unemployed very long. He will also be looking for some payback. How many Cowboy fans want to see Garrett go to DC and rebuild that team?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TVScout said:

If anything Jason is largely responsible for the team even being able to be at .500. Without Garrett the roster would not have been rebuilt. Without Dak, Tyron, Fredbeard, and at least a few other players where would the Cowboys be now? 4/8? 3/9? maybe even 2/10?  What Jerry should do is promote Jason into management to keep his player personnel acumen and replace almost everybody else. If Garrett gets fired he won't be unemployed very long. He will also be looking for some payback. How many Cowboy fans want to see Garrett go to DC and rebuild that team?

Honestly thought you were joking, but damn I'm not sure where to start?

Garrett is responsible for the Roster being built? Is he choosing the players in the Draft, FA? Yes as a HC you have a say and Express to the FO what you are looking for in a player but he didn't create this roster,  he's held it back!!

So you want a HC who has literally won you nothing in a decade, (3 playoff appearances,  more 8-8 or below .500 seasons 5 then winning seasons above .500 4) Promoted to a some Authoritative Personnel role, please explain why?🤯

Who do you think hires Jason as a HC next season, curious? Anyone else you think besides the other idiot in the NFCE Daniel Snyder?

I'm not a Cowboys Fan in the slightest but raise both my hand and will scream from the roof tops if need be for Garrett in DC!👍

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1