@jonnguy2015 (Steelers)
@Aussie9er (Steelers)
@NcFinest9erFan (Rams)
@DangerMcRyan (Rams)
@N4L (Rams)

ELIMINATED:

48 1/2ers (Texans – Week 1)
Chrissooner49er (49ers – Week 1)

For week 2, I'm taking the undoubtedly popular choice - the Raiders. 

14 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Dangerous pick I think. Ravens defense is really good, but the Browns will be competitive in most games this season.....Kizer will take about 10 sacks though LOL.

Yeah, there are other options on the board, but I dontk now that I'll ever feel comfortable taking Baltimore again. I'm banking on the fact that it's at home. If it was at Cleveland, I wouldn't pick this game I think. 

Oops. I don't think I thought one game, or the future, through  enough.  I'm switching my pick from the Ravens to Carolina.

Can't remember if switching allowed.  If not I'll stick with Ravens.  If switching is OK then it's the Panthers for me.  I'll try to never do this again because if Ravens win and Panthers lose I'll kick myself.

2 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

Oops. I don't think I thought one game, or the future, through  enough.  I'm switching my pick from the Ravens to Carolina.

Can't remember if switching allowed.  If not I'll stick with Ravens.  If switching is OK then it's the Panthers for me.  I'll try to never do this again because if Ravens win and Panthers lose I'll kick myself.

It is. I switched mine last week. So long as it is done before those games start, you're fine. 

24 minutes ago, Forge said:

It is. I switched mine last week. So long as it is done before those games start, you're fine. 

This. 

I also like the strategy being used by most to go with mediocre teams against perceived weaker teams. It's how most get eliminated :D

8 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

This. 

I also like the strategy being used by most to go with mediocre teams against perceived weaker teams. It's how most get eliminated :D

Especially when those games are divisional lol. 

But I'd rather lose early if I'm going to lose. Be a little more risk averse down the line. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Especially when those games are divisional lol. 

But I'd rather lose early if I'm going to lose. Be a little more risk averse down the line. 

I'm the opposite. I go for safe bets as long as I have them, and then when the going gets tough - bet on the competitive 3-4 team against the 0-7. Otherwise you get teams like the 2016 Raiders that come out of nowhere and sink your ship in the first two weeks. 

1 hour ago, y2lamanaki said:

This. 

But it will be a cakewalk after the first few weeks.  I'm playing to win this thing, not finish in the top half. On the other hand I haven't done this before so I'l consider your advice going forward ... if I have a going forward after this week.

48 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

But it will be a cakewalk after the first few weeks.  I'm playing to win this thing, not finish in the top half. On the other hand I haven't done this before so I'l consider your advice going forward ... if I have a going forward after this week.

That's how I used to guess it. Then I'd lose in the first two weeks too often. Even if you're successful, you might find a week  New England is playing Atlanta, Oakland is hosting Kansas City, Green Bay is at Pittsburgh and everyone else are locked in intriguing division matchups that could go either way, and you end up having to hope the Rams can win in Jacksonville. My strategy now - just get a win. When it gets down to two people, it's just a matter of not guessing wrong. 

But, then again, any given Sunday...No strategy's perfect. 

Archived