My 2020 Bears Goals

WindyCity

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Right. Just because I wouldn't give him 70-80 million doesn't mean Deon Bush is better. Do you really think those two go hand in hand? I'd let Jackson play out next year and see what happens. If he has another 1-2 INT year, no one will be giving him a ton of money and he can probably be retained for ~10 million a year.

I'm not sure what this fan base sees in Deon Bush. There's a reason as a 4th round pick that he's never been given a real chance especially when one was staring them right in the face with Amos leaving in the spring. 

Yeah...as I said, there's no way in hell Pace should extend him after this season, based on his play. As to Bush, he's played well recently, from what we've seen of him. And, Jackson was also a fourth round pick, wasn't he? 

9 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Yeah...as I said, there's no way in hell Pace should extend him after this season, based on his play. As to Bush, he's played well recently, from what we've seen of him. And, Jackson was also a fourth round pick, wasn't he? 

I'm not sure where you're going with this. That's exactly my point. I'm not ****ting on 4th rounders. In fact I'm saying they have some worth, so if both were 4's yet one plays every game and the other doesn't play at all, one must suck, right? If he was any good they'd find a spot for him/wouldn't have paid HHCD. It's apparent Bush isn't anything special.

Edited by beardown3231

On 12/1/2019 at 7:38 AM, beardown3231 said:

I'm not sure where you're going with this. That's exactly my point. I'm not ****ting on 4th rounders. In fact I'm saying they have some worth, so if both were 4's yet one plays every game and the other doesn't play at all, one must suck, right? If he was any good they'd find a spot for him/wouldn't have paid HHCD. It's apparent Bush isn't anything special.

You're assuming that Nagy is automatically making the right choice. I'm not. I think they keep putting Jackson out there in an attempt to regain his former magic. And, admittedly, that could actually work. Doesn't mean I'm not frustrated while we wait. 

19 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

You're assuming that Nagy is automatically making the right choice. I'm not. I think they keep putting Jackson out there in an attempt to regain his former magic. And, admittedly, that could actually work. Doesn't mean I'm not frustrated while we wait. 

What do you mean "keep putting him out there in an attempt to regain his magic?" As opposed to what, benching him? Guy was an All Pro last year & now he's playing in the box a lot more thus resulting in a lack of takeaways. His tackling has been far better than last year and he wasn't going to score 3 touchdowns every year. Once he gets to play centerfield more, whenever that is, I'm sure he'll go back to the Eddie Jackson we all know.

Edited by beardown3231
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

What do you mean "keep putting him out there in an attempt to regain his magic?" As opposed to what, benching an All Pro? Guy was an All Pro last year & now he's playing in the box a lot more thus resulting in a lack of takeaways.

It's considerably worse than the scenario you're constructing.

We'll disagree. I hope Jackson returns to form. 

I still like Jackson, and think he's been good at worst this season.  Just different scenarios for him compared to last year, plus the pass rush has not been sending as many errant throws his way.  Just wait, he'll torture Rodgers soon and all will be forgiven!  

The only thing I'd be contentious about is Bush. He is just OK on his best day with a lot of help. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

I still like Jackson, and think he's been good at worst this season.  Just different scenarios for him compared to last year, plus the pass rush has not been sending as many errant throws his way.  Just wait, he'll torture Rodgers soon and all will be forgiven!  

The only thing I'd be contentious about is Bush. He is just OK on his best day with a lot of help. 

Agreed. He seems to be playing much deeper in Pagano's defense, made a number of plays last season in pretty shallow coverage, doesn't feel like we've seen as much of that this year. One thing that he's improved this year too is his tackling, 2019 has been the best we've seen him tackle since he's been on the team.

2 hours ago, RJ_11 said:

Agreed. He seems to be playing much deeper in Pagano's defense, made a number of plays last season in pretty shallow coverage, doesn't feel like we've seen as much of that this year. One thing that he's improved this year too is his tackling, 2019 has been the best we've seen him tackle since he's been on the team.

Hey, remeber Fuller? We waited and put up with a ton of lost time with him and he turned out OK. 

Last year I thought Jackson was as valuable to the team as Mack* so I'm willing to put up with a season in which he's merely good.  Call it recency bias but he's been somewhere between "good" and "is the best safety?" for 2 years and change. 

Edited by RunningVaccs

17 hours ago, Sugashane said:

While missing their 2nd best player the bulk of the season (imo). 

3rd best player, but you've still got a damn good point. 

10 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

Hope you're right about that last bit. :D

I haven't given up on Jackson at all, although my bitching about him may lead folks to think that. Just pointing out he hasn't been himself, and shouldn't be given a massive contract until we get that back...