Veldheer claimed

Arthur Penske

1 hour ago, pacman5252 said:

I'd take Favre at 50 as a backup. He still can throw it, is in decent shape, and has the mental part of the game down. On an individual drive basis (until he got hurt), I think he could be a top 15-20 QB.

Favre was toast at the end of his career.

That's said, I'd absolutely tune in to watch him try and gun sling at 50.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Eh, no he wasn’t.  He was still averaging 7 yards per attempt.  He had the physical ability, his heart just wasn’t in it I don’t think.  Physically though, yeah, he still had it.  Just look at that one TD he threw to Moss.

17 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

He had a bad year coming off an injury on a crappy team (went 3-13 the next year). With perfect health while it lasted (until like hit 5... so a half), I have no doubt he could still play.

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Eh, no he wasn’t.  He was still averaging 7 yards per attempt.  He had the physical ability, his heart just wasn’t in it I don’t think.  Physically though, yeah, he still had it.  Just look at that one TD he threw to Moss.

Sarcasm? He threw 11 TDs and 19 INTs in 13 games his final year.

14 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Do you not remember what Favre was like?  He did not remotely lack in ability in 2010.  

I think you need to take off your #4 jersey and go back and look at his stats and how he played in 2010.  He was great in 2009 for sure but the following season he wasn't.  19 INTs in 3 games is bad, even for him.  If you think he is going to come back at 50 years old like a white knight on a beautiful steed to save you from Aaron Rodgers you are kidding yourself.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=5981171

• Like 1

Just now, Pugger said:

I think you need to take off your #4 jersey and go back and look at his stats and how he played in 2010.  He was great in 2009 for sure but the following season he wasn't.  19 INTs in 3 games is bad, even for him.  If you think he is going to come back at 50 years old like a white knight on a beautiful steed to save you from Aaron Rodgers you are kidding yourself.

Sure is.  Didn't happen lol, but it would have been really bad if it had.  Once again you have no idea what I'm even talking about, but it's nice that you keep trying.  I never said Favre was good in 2010.  Pay attention.  I never said Favre was good in 2010, I said it wasn't physical ability that slowed him down. 

This was in 2010.  So was this 4th quarter comeback against the Cardinals.  He had all the ability in the world in 2010 after playing injured the whole year.  Saying he didn't have it in 2010 is like saying Rodgers didn't have it in 2017 against the Panthers. 

Edit, My Goodness Gracious, look at how beautiful Favre's screen passes were.  The best screen passer in NFL history.  He was fearless first of all.  Let the rushers get within inches of him and then perfect touch passes to the running back to give them miles of space to run.  More than anything else, I miss Favre's ability to throw a screen pass. 

Edited by Outpost31

12 minutes ago, Pugger said:

He's not being serious about BF coming back pugs lol

16 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

( ndSure is.  Didn't happen lol, but it would have been really bad if it had.  Once again you have no idea what I'm even talking about, but it's nice that you keep trying.  I never said Favre was good in 2010.  Pay attention.  I never said Favre was good in 2010, I said it wasn't physical ability that slowed him down. 

This was in 2010.  So was this 4th quarter comeback against the Cardinals.  He had all the ability in the world in 2010 after playing injured the whole year.  Saying he didn't have it in 2010 is like saying Rodgers didn't have it in 2017 against the Panthers. 

Edit, My Goodness Gracious, look at how beautiful Favre's screen passes were.  The best screen passer in NFL history.  He was fearless first of all.  Let the rushers get within inches of him and then perfect touch passes to the running back to give them miles of space to run.  More than anything else, I miss Favre's ability to throw a screen pass. 

Rodger's didn't have it in 2017 vs the Panthers. That was obvious. 

I bet Favre still has the gun to this day, I don't think his body could (understandably) take the hits any longer.

What he did in 2009 was remarkable ( if disgusting in purple).  By 2010. His body looked pretty well spent.

https://bearswire.usatoday.com/2015/12/17/throwback-thursday-remember-when-bears-ended-brett-favres-career-in-tcf-bank-fields-first-game/ 

favrecart.jpg

Edited by Arthur Penske

2 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

You mean to tell me he handled those hits (and worse) at 31 etc and never missed a game? Shocked. I'm Shocked.

He handled worse at 31 because legal versus non legal hits changed even in his time.  The hits in those two videos (one you didn’t show) would literally be not allowed in today’s NFL and thus would not have happened.  How is this difficult to grasp?  And WTF are we arguing about it in a * Jared Veldheer thread?