Michael Thomas and the reception record

Elky

On 11/29/2019 at 2:10 PM, Forge said:

Ask me again after next week's game. I think that is the big one. Asking him to grab 8-9 receptions in that game against SF is a lot to ask, and he needs to average 8.5 a game for the rest of the season?

Despite how great the SF Defense has been I don't see that being and issue. Now whether or not those 8-10 receptions eclipse 75 yds is another question all together. 

Payton and Brees are going to force feed him to death the next 3 weeks.

Edited by Nabbs4u

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Despite how great the SF Defense has been I don't see that being and issue. Now whether or not those 8-10 receptions eclipse 75 yes is another question all together. 

The niners DL is going to crush drew Brees. He's going to look as bad as Rodgers did last week. 

Thomas will get a lot of attention. he's not going to be open and Brees won't have time to hold it to get him uncovered. 

Niners have one of the best pass defenses in the last 15 years, if not the best pass defense during that timeframe. We have allowed 136 yards passing per game. 136! 

Bet the house on the niners in new Orleans

I don't think Thomas gets there 

1 hour ago, N4L said:

The niners DL is going to crush drew Brees. He's going to look as bad as Rodgers did last week. 

Thomas will get a lot of attention. he's not going to be open and Brees won't have time to hold it to get him uncovered. 

Niners have one of the best pass defenses in the last 15 years, if not the best pass defense during that timeframe. We have allowed 136 yards passing per game. 136! 

To counter that pass rush I expect a heavy dose of bubble screens, 5 yd hitches, quick slants. Basically short quick passing plays as an extension of the run. Brees won't be holding onto the ball IMO, Payton will attempt to get the ball out quickly. This isn't about how productive Thomas will be but the actual amount of catches.

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, N4L said:

This is just untrue tbh. You rocked Rodgers but other good passing attacks haven’t had much issue scoring. Cardinals and a rookie QB hung some points on you twice, Wilson and the Seahawks dropped 27. The best defense of the last 15 years is a huge stretch, it’s probably not even the best defense in the NFL currently. 49ers secondary isn’t that good, Saints OL can hang and I expect Brees to shred you honestly. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

This is just untrue tbh. You rocked Rodgers but other good passing attacks haven’t had much issue scoring. Cardinals and a rookie QB hung some points on you twice, Wilson and the Seahawks dropped 27. The best defense of the last 15 years is a huge stretch, it’s probably not even the best defense in the NFL currently. 49ers secondary isn’t that good, Saints OL can hang and I expect Brees to shred you honestly. 

Best passing defense, not best defense overall 

We are allowing 136 passing yards per game. We have the best pass rush and excellent coverage. 

It might change, but thats where things stand currently 

1 hour ago, MookieMonstah said:

49ers are going to stomp the Saints. Even moreso if Armstead is hobbled or not playing. Bosa going off against the backup? Oh boy.

Mobile QB's give the 49ers trouble not pure pocket QB's, Brees is gonna be sacked at least 5 times next week and the defence being on the field too long will eventually see the 49ers win by 2 TD's. I really don't see it ending well for the Saints given how they've played since the Bye.

9 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Despite how great the SF Defense has been I don't see that being and issue. Now whether or not those 8-10 receptions eclipse 75 yes is another question all together. 

I was actually thinking from a perspective of teams just don't throw on us and we often carry the time is possession. We have the second highest point differential in the NFL, I believe, have blown a lot of teams out, yet we have somehow faced the third fewest passing attempts

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Forge said:

I was actually thinking from a perspective of teams just don't throw on us and we often carry the time is possession. We have the second highest point differential in the NFL, I believe, have blown a lot of teams out, yet we have somehow faced the third fewest passing attempts

Forcing three and out like 47% of the time. That's absurd

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Magnifico said:

49ers are going to stomp the Saints. Even moreso if Armstead is hobbled or not playing. Bosa going off against the backup? Oh boy.

Mobile QB's give the 49ers trouble not pure pocket QB's, Brees is gonna be sacked at least 5 times next week and the defence being on the field too long will eventually see the 49ers win by 2 TD's. I really don't see it ending well for the Saints given how they've played since the Bye.

Do you watch the games?
If you're worried about Brees's production since the bye, he's at 72% completions, 7 TD's to 1 INT, and over 1,000 yards. Minus that horrible Falcons game, only sacked twice. He'll be fine. The guy releases passes in 2.2 seconds. Rogers was a turtle at the 49ers.

My only concern is the production of Kamara & Murray.

If the 49ers play like they're playing against Baltimore as we speak, they'll get waxed by the Saints.
The Saints defensive front 7 is as good as the 49ers will see all season. Jimmy G won't fare well.

• Like 1