GDT: Raiders vs Jets!

RaidersAreOne

09-07-14jets_raiders_w.jpg

Never too early to talk some football!! Especially given we go up against the underwhelming Jets. By all means, this is a game we should flat out dominate and would be extremely disappointed if we didn't win by multiple TD's. The Jets are simply in rebuilding mode and we are considered Super Bowl contenders.

Things I hope to see this week:

• Cooper limiting the drops
  • Mack getting 1+ sacks
  • Conley/Obi playing
  • Vanderdoes continuing to improve
  • Lynch to score his first TD as a Raider
  • Downing continuing to be an aggressive play-caller
  • Our secondary not having communications issues and avoiding the big play
  • No injuries

23 minutes ago, OakRaiders3828 said:

Trap game? 

I think this team is beyond that, and plus the Redskins aren't somebody to be worried about. I say we go in and take care of business like the contender we are. We are a 14 point favorite.

Looking forward to seeing some more of the same as last week. Hopefully the defense can continue to improve and Carr gets more familiar with the new offense and pieces.

11 minutes ago, Geezy said:

I think this team is beyond that, and plus the Redskins aren't somebody to be worried about. I say we go in and take care of business like the contender we are. We are a 14 point favorite.

Looking forward to seeing some more of the same as last week. Hopefully the defense can continue to improve and Carr gets more familiar with the new offense and pieces.

Oh yeah I was mostly kidding, yet there's always this tiny little bit of nervousness inside me that never allows me to feel fully confident. Maybe it's just the effects of the past decade still lingering but idk. 

What I'm looking for one each side of the ball

Offense:

-Carr and WR's being on the same page: specifically Carr and Coop had a few miscommunications on some option and timing routes

-Right Tackle rotation: Alexander struggled in pass pro, I'd like to see Newhouse step up, what's the deal with Sharpe?

-Cook: If we can establish him as a consistent threat in the passing game it will open up a lot more space for our WR's and RB's

Defense: 

-Interior Pressure: MEJ, Vanderdoes, Hester, Ellis, etc they all actually got some decent push, just need to capitalize

-Finishing Rushes: We got some decent pressure but Irvin/Mack need to put QBs on the ground

-3rd downs: pretty self explanatory here, when they're in 3rd and 7+ we need to get off the field, someone has to step up. 

Think this is a good early game for us to come out, build confidence and hopefully build a nice lead going into the end of the 3rd/4th quarters allowing us to get some of the younger guys some crucial regular season playing time. We never know when were going to need inexperienced guys like Conley, Luani, Morrow, etc to play crucial minutes. They more snaps the better for those guys. 

I streamed the Jet vs Bills game on Monday for scouting purposes. I couldn't get thru the whole thing but a few thing that I came away after 3 qts were that they still have a dangerous defense. Their front seven is no joke with Wilkerson and Williams, Davis and Lee, a good set of corners and highly drafted pair of safeties. The offense will still have some areas of success but it won't be the roll over everyone is expecting because they are "rebuilding' IMO.

The thing that I thing will be interesting about this game is what the our defense is able to do vs there offense. They have a pretty older but sauvy QB, a few harder runners at HB and a couple of underrated WRs in Anderson and Kearse. This game is one where I think you'll see us trying some new wrinkles in the defense more and expanding on the performance from week 1. I think we'll come away impressed once again.

I expect us to win, but I don't think we'll dominate this one. Anyone hoping for a 45-10 type of victory will be disappointed, imo.

I'll go for a tight first half where we take something like a 10-6 lead in at the break, before pulling away towards the end, winning by 2 or 3 scores.

Lynch to get his first Raiders TD, an injury free game and a Raiders win, regardless of how it comes, will do me just fine.

4 hours ago, OakRaiders3828 said:

Oh yeah I was mostly kidding, yet there's always this tiny little bit of nervousness inside me that never allows me to feel fully confident. Maybe it's just the effects of the past decade still lingering but idk. 

lol no doubt, the paranoia is still there. I was real nervous before the Titans game, preparing myself for a let down. But they handled business. Del Rio has these guys right.

31 minutes ago, Geezy said:

lol no doubt, the paranoia is still there. I was real nervous before the Titans game, preparing myself for a let down. But they handled business. Del Rio has these guys right.

Getting nervous.  I hate it.  I need some relief as my nerves can't take it anymore.  However, I thought I should point out the NFL Network has a show strictly for "power ranking" and it just happens to be on at the moment.  We are currently 4th having moved up from 6th.  They have the Jets at 31.  I don't need any slip ups, bad calls, dropped balls or fumbles this weekend.

I think the key to this game will be or D getting 3 and outs early and often.  If we can get off the field on third down against a below average offense we should be able to wear down their front 7.  Our defense should not give up more than 17 points in this game.

1 hour ago, S&B Bleeder said:

Getting nervous.  I hate it.  I need some relief as my nerves can't take it anymore.  However, I thought I should point out the NFL Network has a show strictly for "power ranking" and it just happens to be on at the moment.  We are currently 4th having moved up from 6th.  They have the Jets at 31.  I don't need any slip ups, bad calls, dropped balls or fumbles this weekend.

MSN power rankings:  Raiders are 3, Chiefs are #1, Pats are 7 (that's a mistake as they looked awful) Donkeys are #9.  Titans are 12 so we didn't beat a bottom dweller.   What, the Chargers are 17.  That surely is a mistake.  Oops, I almost forgot the Jets, they're 32.

Archived