GDT: Raiders vs Jets!

RaidersAreOne

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 8:11 PM, R8DR8five said:

I'm looking for the Raiders to handle the Jets like a contender should. No not a 45-3 whipping, I just want a two score lead and strike early and often.

I'd like to see Cooper have a good game and limit the drops, and our front 7 to generate more pressure.

I'd have to say I got what I asked for. Slow start but nice finish, Didn't expect to put up 45 points so that was a plus. Cooper had a drop but still broughtt in 4 out of 5 targets. Defense brought more pressure.

5 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

For you PFF fiends (I am one), their post-game report: https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-oakland-raiders-45-new-york-jets-20

Top grades:

Joseph - 91.1

KO - 89.2

Crabtree - 87.3

Hudson - 84.8

Carr - 84.4

Honorable mention: Nicholas Morrow - 84.1

I thought Morrow played really well. He did real good in coverage, recognized a rb screen and blew it up, looked ok against the run. I think he and Cory James should be our new starting LBs; I see no reason to let Lee start another game this season. 

6 hours ago, TheMadStork said:

I thought Morrow played really well. He did real good in coverage, recognized a rb screen and blew it up, looked ok against the run. I think he and Cory James should be our new starting LBs; I see no reason to let Lee start another game this season. 

Morrow is a great story, but a situational role right now is perfect for him. He's good in coverage. But starting and attacking the run could be trouble.

Very excited to see Morrow grow however. An offseason in an NFL conditioning program will be huge. Game doesn't look to big for him and he's getting more snaps and chances to make plays which is great.

On 9/13/2017 at 0:05 PM, Jerry said:

Going with another solid victory.  We will most likely dictate the time of possession and control field position.  Carr's going to continue to carve up defenses like Thanksgiving turkeys.  I believe we will create at least 2 turnovers this game, hopefully one on a super sweet strip sack.  I think D. Washington and J. Richard are going to be more involved, mainly due to the coaches wanting to keep Lynch fresh.  I expect us to quadruple our sack total if not more.  It's going to be great.  Amari Cooper will have an incredible game this week as well.  I honestly expect him to have double digit touchdowns this season.  Its going to be another glorious game.

31-10, Raiders.

A guessed too low on the score.  K. Mack should've had a strip sack but the referees didn't call it.  We got the 2 turnovers and 4 sacks like I was hoping.  We also were able to get the backup RBs more involved like I thought we would.  What a great game it was to watch.  Onto next week.

13 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Morrow is a great story, but a situational role right now is perfect for him. He's good in coverage. But starting and attacking the run could be trouble.

Very excited to see Morrow grow however. An offseason in an NFL conditioning program will be huge. Game doesn't look to big for him and he's getting more snaps and chances to make plays which is great.

Exactly. His high snap count was due to the Jets having to throw so frequently in the 3rd and 4th qtr to try to catch up and the nickel defense being on the field where he replace Lee.

But like both of you said, I'm very impressed with his play and I'm happy about this LB crew as a whole that were bad mouth all off season like they wouldn't and couldn't handle NFL action.

9 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

Exactly. His high snap count was due to the Jets having to throw so frequently in the 3rd and 4th qtr to try to catch up and the nickel defense being on the field where he replace Lee.

But like both of you said, I'm very impressed with his play and I'm happy about this LB crew as a whole that were bad mouth all off season like they wouldn't and couldn't handle NFL action.

I'm cautiously optimistic. Better teams will work to expose them more. KC, NE for example. How long can they work them in rotation and be successful?

Pleasantly surprised with James progression. He's making the year 2 leap as expected. He was new to the position a year ago.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

I'm cautiously optimistic. Better teams will work to expose them more. KC, NE for example. How long can they work them in rotation and be successful?

Pleasantly surprised with James progression. He's making the year 2 leap as expected. He was new to the position a year ago.

Yeah, it's a good start and teams will definitely start breaking down tape like everyone does. But they have proven that they can play in the league and with the improved play from the defense as a whole they should be ok skill set wise. It's gonna be a test when teams start to try to exploit matchups but that is expected with any defense. The niners did it to the seahawks last week and Pitt did it to Minnesota and those are 2 of the top 5 defenses in the league. We just have to keep developing and learn from the plays we give up. This defense is so young in many spots.

I think the fact that they are rotating is one of the main reason we have play as well as we have on all levels. For plays here and there we'll get caught in matchups but that is the offenses job as well as our to get guys in and out. The good teams will do hurry up and no huddle when they wanna exploit a matchup. It will happen.

Archived