GDT: Raiders vs Jets!

RaidersAreOne

6 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

We WANT as many W's as we can get...period. But no one knows whether this W or L will have any real ramifications on the PO race.

Once again it's week 2.

Its the NFL, every game has playoff ramifications in a 16 game schedule.

14 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

True, in an overall sense of the schedule but you know that isn't how I meant it.

I meant that, if by some crazy turn of circumstance, we did lose this game it wouldn't doom us because it week 2.

It could, you lose to a team that you should have beaten at home it affects your standing.  The Raiders where 12-4 last season ! In any other division they win the division. The West however has the chiefs and 2 other playoff caliber teams, if they can't stay ahead of the pack then they'll be relagated to a wild card again. And that's not the goal, getting a home game in the playoffs is the next step because the Raiders should have had one last year.  They need to stack up wins early  especially while they are healthy. The goal is to win the west, if the Raiders do that this season then they shouldn't have any trouble getting a #1 seed. 

Now here's something else, personally I don't care if this game is won close, itd be a better game if they stomped the jets but I'm fine with a win either way. Here's why: this ain't college. There isn't a ranking system that determines playoffs, only wins dictate that. I'm fine with the team somewhat struggling with a good defense as long as there's a win.  Come NOV and DEC they will be flying on defense. 

5 hours ago, Chali21 said:

It could, you lose to a team that you should have beaten at home it affects your standing.  The Raiders where 12-4 last season ! In any other division they win the division. The West however has the chiefs and 2 other playoff caliber teams, if they can't stay ahead of the pack then they'll be relagated to a wild card again. And that's not the goal, getting a home game in the playoffs is the next step because the Raiders should have had one last year.  They need to stack up wins early  especially while they are healthy. The goal is to win the west, if the Raiders do that this season then they shouldn't have any trouble getting a #1 seed. 

Now here's something else, personally I don't care if this game is won close, itd be a better game if they stomped the jets but I'm fine with a win either way. Here's why: this ain't college. There isn't a ranking system that determines playoffs, only wins dictate that. I'm fine with the team somewhat struggling with a good defense as long as there's a win.  Come NOV and DEC they will be flying on defense. 

I already acknowledged that first angle and explained what I was saying. Bottom line is we all want a win every week. Hopefully we do and this is a moot point.

On 14/09/2017 at 4:56 PM, Darbsk said:

Whilst I think we win handily, this forum definitely NEEDS the win, can you imagine the carnage around here if we lose to the lowly Jets?

Ha exactly, it was bad enough during pre season!

A week ago people were complaining about the defense having no identity, Reggie not drafting well and we'll be going 8-8 now they are saying we are Super Bowl contenders.

3 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

I already acknowledged that first angle and explained what I was saying. Bottom line is we all want a win every week. Hopefully we do and this is a moot point.

My apologies, I wrote my response early this morning so I got you confused with other posters. 

15 minutes ago, OakRaiders3828 said:

Wilkerson isn't really that good anymore. They'll prob get rid of him this off season. He was best playing next to snacks.

Certainly had a down year last year. And a pathetic week 1. Hard to count against him at this stage however. He's been a productive player and is only 27. 

This is a game we should take care of business and erase any doubt... The Jets SUCK and will be top 5 pick in the draft. You don't lose games like this if you consider yourself a contender. It happens but you just don't do that. I expect this as a tune up game to fix issues from last week. Their Defense should wear down unless we go quick strike and score the first 3 plays of every series which the coaches would rein us back if we did. Special teams details are always important in games like these. Just want the WIN with no injuries to either team. Take care of business at home and off to DC for week 3.

Archived