UVA Beat VT!

MKnight82

On 11/30/2019 at 7:20 PM, turtle28 said:

Conferences need to get rid of divisions. It’s stupid. The best teams in the conference should face each other in the championship of the conference every year.

How do you do determine who is the "best" team with 14 or 15 teams, a twelve game schedule, and no divisions? Even if you throw out out of conference games (good luck with that), you still don't have everyone playing everyone else.

9 hours ago, Woz said:

How do you do determine who is the "best" team with 14 or 15 teams, a twelve game schedule, and no divisions? Even if you throw out out of conference games (good luck with that), you still don't have everyone playing everyone else.

There's a thing called records. The teams with the two best records play each other in the conference championship, that's how the big 12 does it. 

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Nah, shouldn’t be stickied. This is the Redskins forum. Shouldn’t have Threads about college teams, that’s what the TOTR forum is for.

I personally don’t care but I would get shade if I would have started a thread like this. 

The sticky was obviously a joke. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2019 at 10:25 AM, turtle28 said:

There's a thing called records. The teams with the two best records play each other in the conference championship, that's how the big 12 does it. 

So, what do you do with three 10-2 teams, especially if they don't all play each other? How do you split them?

Keep in mind that the Big 12 does it with the top two teams because they don't have twelve teams to create divisions.

On 12/15/2019 at 6:56 PM, Woz said:

So, what do you do with three 10-2 teams, especially if they don't all play each other? How do you split them?

Keep in mind that the Big 12 does it with the top two teams because they don't have twelve teams to create divisions.

You can have tiebreakers.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Points, strength of schedule or whatever just like they do in other leagues.

So you'd be okay if Wisconsin gets in ahead of Ohio State due to them running up the score on someone like Western Michigan or Buffalo?

16 hours ago, Woz said:

So you'd be okay if Wisconsin gets in ahead of Ohio State due to them running up the score on someone like Western Michigan or Buffalo?

Obviously strength of schedule would hurt them and presumably Ohio State would have run up the score on similar opponents. The point seems pretty moot to me. Nice effort though.

On 12/23/2019 at 11:45 AM, turtle28 said:

Obviously strength of schedule would hurt them and presumably Ohio State would have run up the score on similar opponents. The point seems pretty moot to me. Nice effort though.

?

You were the one who brought up the weirdness of building a conference championship game without divisions because that's how the Big XII does it (ignoring the fact that there are just enough teams in the Big XII right now for every team to play each other, which is not the case in any other I-A conference).

Here I'll leave it to you: Ohio State would play which team in the championship this year, Penn State, Wisconsin, or Minnesota? All were 7-2. Wisconsin beat Minnesota, Minnesota beat Penn State, and Wisconsin and Penn State didn't play. You cannot just say Wisconsin since there are no divisions anymore. What's your answer and your justification?