Eagles extend RT Lane Johnson; (4 years, $72 M, $55.56 Gtd)

RaidersAreOne

The Eagles are the best fit for Tagovailoa. No, I'm not suggesting that they're going to move on from Wentz, nor should they, but Tagovailoa is left-handed, and his blindside is the right side of the line. Lane Johnson is the best right tackle in the NFL and a stud in pass pro.

Whatever team eventually drafts Tua will want their RT to be very good.

27 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

Well, sort of, but it's certainly still true that Quarterbacks only have two eyes and that they - for the most part - are located on the front of their head. Until the NFL gets on board with gene-splicing, that is unlikely to change.

An RT's job will always be easier, because the QB can see the rush from that side.

Yes but more often than not because the opposing team knows that because of this most teams put their best pass protector to block the blind side, they've started putting their best pass rusher against the usually weaker right side. 

One could make the argument that the RT position is harder because the level of pass rush is usually higher on the right and that most quarterbacks won't even hold onto the ball for that long anymore. Unless the LT completely whiffs, it probably won't make much of a difference.

22 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

The Eagles are the best fit for Tagovailoa. No, I'm not suggesting that they're going to move on from Wentz, nor should they, but Tagovailoa is left-handed, and his blindside is the right side of the line. Lane Johnson is the best right tackle in the NFL and a stud in pass pro.

Whatever team eventually drafts Tua will want their RT to be very good.

If I'm the Chargers, I'm absolutely going for Tua if he's there.

He should go to San Diego or Tampa.