Next Cowboys Coach Discussion

Matts4313

3 minutes ago, TheGame316 said:

I'm down with McDaniels as part of THIS plan

McDaniels as HC/OC

Put the non exclusive Franchise Tag on Dak, He signs elsewhere, We get 2 1st Round picks

We sign Tom Brady, 2 years 30 million guaranteed (Tom "Prove I can win elsewhere" Discount)

Resign Cooper, Jones, Quinn, Cobb (inquire about cost of trading for Edelman)

Trade for Jamaal Adams (1st and 2nd?)

Draft a Defensive Tackle with the other 1st

Sign or Trade for a Big Tight End, and throw all the rest of our Cap Space at the defense

No one is giving up 2 first round picks for Dak Prescott. You sound insane. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tony7188 said:

No one is giving up 2 first round picks for Dak Prescott. You sound insane. 

Are you implying that Dak isn't an elite, All time great QB who's at least Top 5 in todays game and deserves to be paid the highest contract ever? Have you taken this up with Matts?

7 minutes ago, TheGame316 said:

Are you implying that Dak isn't an elite, All time great QB who's at least Top 5 in todays game and deserves to be paid the highest contract ever? Have you taken this up with Matts?

Lol. I should’ve known this was your angle. Dak played awful when we really needed him the most this year. And as much as he is a leader, I don’t think his arm can take us to where we want to go. Especially at $35 M/ yr. I won’t get into whatever you and Matt’s have going on but it would be nice to see Jerry and co. stick to their guns and not pay some of these players who won’t take discounts 

Edited by Tony7188
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

Lol. I should’ve known this was your angle. Dak played awful when we really needed him the most this year. And as much as he is a leader, I don’t think his arm can take us to where we want to go. Especially at $35 M/ yr. I won’t get into whatever you and Matt’s have going on but it would be nice to see Jerry and co. stick to their guns and not pay some of these players who won’t take discounts 

I really want to see some other team pony up the cash. I might not even hold them to 2 1sts, Maybe a 1st and a 2nd, depending on where the picks are

If another team isn't willing to pay the price, Why should we?

There will be FA QB's available who could more than aptly manage this roster if we can take the 30 million in savings and put Studs in 3 key positions as well as add through the draft

In terms of McDaniels, I only have interest in him with the above Brady equation, If we are going to be stuck with Dak, there are probably better candidates

12 minutes ago, D82 said:

*Dak Prescott is bad!*

*We can get two firsts for him though*

9_9

Well. That's the price of a non exclusive tag. See below, I'd be willing to take less just to move on, save $$ and rebuild other parts of the roster

At the minimum its real negotiating leverage if no other team evenmakes an offer, isn't it. Wake up Call for Dak and his Agent

https://247sports.com/Article/Dallas-Cowboys-Jason-Garrett-fired-reportedly-Jerry-Jones-NFL--141254048/Amp/

“I can confirm that it’s absolutely not correct. We have not met with any coach,” Jones said during a weekly appearance on 105.3 The Fan. “But don’t take that to mean we don’t love some coaches and we’re not interested in them.”

Back in October, Meyer appeared on ‘The Herd With Colin Cowherd’ and discussed the speculation of Riley potentially leaving Oklahoma for Dallas down the road.

“I can’t speak for him [Riley] obviously. I hate to even speculate because I don’t know him and that isn’t fair," Meyer said. "But to me, that’s the one job in professional football where you kind of say ‘You got to go to that’”

When asked about whether he would consider an offer from the Cowboys while he was at Ohio State, Meyer said “Sure, absolutely. That one? Yes.”

1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

They are talking on the radio in Minnesota about the possibility of Jerruh calling up the Vikings and trying to make a deal to trade for Mike Zimmer.  If that happened, what do you think he would be worth?

Nothing. There is news on our front that if Zimmer doesnt do well, yall are going to fire him and promote your OC.

Edited by Matts4313

1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

They are talking on the radio in Minnesota about the possibility of Jerruh calling up the Vikings and trying to make a deal to trade for Mike Zimmer.  If that happened, what do you think he would be worth?

I like Zimmer, but I absolutely do not want to trade for him.

Ed werder was just on espn and was asked about potential replacements. He kindve shook off the college coaches and eluded to a defensive head coach like Bowles (barf) or zimmer if he became available. Mainly because they love Kellen Moore and want to keep him around 🙄. 

if I’m a HC candidate for this job, there’s no way I’m keeping Moore around. Why would you? So when you have a hiccup a few years down the road they kick you to the curb and promote Moore just like the Wade Phillips and Garrett situation all over again.