Next Cowboys Coach Discussion

Matts4313

1 minute ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:
5 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

Smfh Jerry and Steven are out of their minds if they do this!

Why? Do you think he is a bad scout?

No he may very well have a great eye for talent, it's just the fact they don't seem to be able to let go.

I mean, his *** should have been fired 2 months ago. It's annoying............but, tbh it should be expected. It's how they function.

6 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

No he may very well have a great eye for talent, it's just the fact they don't seem to be able to let go.

I mean, his *** should have been fired 2 months ago. It's annoying............but, tbh it should be expected. It's how they function.

I feel ya. Doesn't mean we should enjoy or like it. AMIRITE

10 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Maybe. But if he is a tool that has value and can be used elsewhere that is a net positive.

I have no idea if he's got an eye for talent or not. I just know he sucks at Special Teams -> now he is gone from that role. Positive.

It just seems some of you, with know actual situational knowledge, just want people to be fired and if you don't get exactly what you want you throw a fit. I'd imagine most of you are also the type of drivers that slow down on the highway to rubberneck to look at a wreck on the other-side.

In a league where there is often zero loyalty, the Cowboys are one of the few organizations who show temperament.

2 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Why? Do you think he is a bad scout?

He was a Pro Scout with Dallas from 2006-2008 before leaving for Cleveland to be their Director of Player Personnel. 

2006 signings - LB Ayodele, LB Boiman, TE Hannam, G Kosier, K Vanderjerk

2007 signings - QB Moore, C Rissler, LB Phillips, WR Rabb, RB Coleman, FB Battle, NT Dagunduro, WR Jefferson, OL Turner, TE Hannah

2008 Signings - LB Thomas, FB Cruz

Scouting department failed on almost everyone of those Free Agents brought in with the exception of Kosier. 

And don’t even get me started on his tenure as a Browns Director of Player Personnel that was just as bad if not worse. Of course it is the Browns. Place has been ****show since they came back into the league.

2 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Am I crazy, wasn't Vander and Kosier pretty good? Didn't Ayodele also start for us until we signed Thomas?

Vanderjerk didn’t even make a full year before he was cut. 10 games and was 13 of 18 on FG’s it was his worst year statistically in his career. 

10 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

It just seems some of you, with know actual situational knowledge, just want people to be fired and if you don't get exactly what you want you throw a fit. I'd imagine most of you are also the type of drivers that slow down on the highway to rubberneck to look at a wreck on the other-side.

In a league where there is often zero loyalty, the Cowboys are one of the few organizations who show temperament.

Sometimes you can have to much loyalty and be a detriment to ones decision making.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

Sometimes you can have to much loyalty and be a detriment to ones decision making.

Again, this is why an owner should never be the GM. GMs need to make the tough decisions to fire personnel if/when nepotism is running rampant in the organization. This is why we won’t win anything as long as Jerry is alive.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

Without question. In full agreement.

I honestly don't know if he is a good scout or not. I imagine if he became a Scout it has to do with Will being okay with the move more than anything. I don't know many of you who would argue with McClay's track record.

Just now, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Without question. In full agreement.

I honestly don't know if he is a good scout or not. I imagine if he became a Scout it has to do with Will being okay with the move more than anything. I don't know many of you who would argue with McClay's track record.

Can't argue McClay's track record. And none of us will ever know, but maybe McClay doesn't want him and it's being forced on him. *shrug*

16 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Loyalty is a wonderful quality.  In this case however we have seen the best of Garrett as HC and it isnt good enough.  We could not get beyond the divisional round when we made the playoffs.  His continued presence in the organization in another role could prove to be problematic and a distraction ie players loyal to Garrett remain so and dont buy in to the new regime.  Personally I think it's best for all, especially Garrett if we part company.  I wish him well. No grudges.  Life is too short. FWIW professionally Ive been involved in firings.  It is never easy even when warranted.

Just now, HDsportsfan said:

Can't argue McClay's track record. And none of us will ever know, but maybe McClay doesn't want him and it's being forced on him. *shrug*

That seems HIGHLY unlikely. More Wishful thinking to be upset. Unless McCaly is leaving, I don't see how this is remotely reasonable. It would have to be Jason becomes GM and McClay is being forced out.

1 minute ago, Northland said:

Loyalty is a wonderful quality.  In this case however we have seen the best of Garrett as HC and it isnt good enough.  We could not get beyond the divisional round when we made the playoffs.  His continued presence in the organization in another role could prove to be problematic and a distraction ie players loyal to Garrett remain so and dont buy in to the new regime.  Personally I think it's best for all, especially Garrett if we part company.  I wish him well. No grudges.  Life is too short. FWIW professionally Ive been involved in firings.  It is never easy even when warranted.

Non sequitur.