Next Cowboys Coach Discussion

Matts4313

20 minutes ago, D82 said:

At least McCarthy would be a little more ballsy than Garrett 

****ing yikes

Garrett punted 60% of the time between the opponent’s 45 and 35? 70% in the 2-5 yard range? Oh my god

edit: in the first three quarters but still

Edited by matt79511

16 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

Who is everyone's top 3 options?

I want Meyer, Roman, Martindale I  that order.

12 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Lincoln, Rhule, Roman

Not sure on order. 

9 minutes ago, D82 said:

Roman, Martindale, Riley 

I see we have a consensus... Ill take:

1. Harbaugh

2. McDaniels

3. Vikings OC Stefinsomething

30 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

I want Meyer, Roman, Martindale I  that order.

1.  Campbell - just have a gut feeling his time has come.  Like his pedigree.

2.  Roman - I think he would work wonders with Dak and the offense.

3.  Rhule -  turned a dumpster fire around in Baylor.  

Edited by Northland

Im confused with all the offensive minded coach suggestions. Did we not have the #1 offense in the league this year. IMO Kellen Moore did a great job for his first year. We were 22 in the league last year. Bringing in a dominant offensive minded coach would put Kellens voice in the background or to another team. I really think we should bring in a defensive minded coach that what hold players accountable. If we go offensive coach I would take Dan Campbell 

Edited by eagles suck

3 minutes ago, eagles suck said:

Im confused with all the offensive minded coach suggestions. Did we not have the #1 offense in the league this year. IMO Kellen Moore did a great job for his first year. We were 22 in the league last year. Bringing in a dominant offensive minded coach would put Kellens voice in the background or to another team. I really think we should bring in a defensive minded coach that what hold players accountable. 

The "#1 Offense" was full of yards against lousy sub .500 teams and in garbage time during the losses.

Red Zone Offense was terrible. Lots of empty calories

I have high hopes for Moore, but he could use some seasoning behind an experienced offensive minded HC

14 minutes ago, eagles suck said:

Im confused with all the offensive minded coach suggestions. Did we not have the #1 offense in the league this year. IMO Kellen Moore did a great job for his first year. We were 22 in the league last year. Bringing in a dominant offensive minded coach would put Kellens voice in the background or to another team. I really think we should bring in a defensive minded coach that what hold players accountable. If we go offensive coach I would take Dan Campbell 

Offensive minded coaches have fared much better the last decade or so. 

2 hours ago, CAPJ said:

1. Dan Campbell
2. Urban Meyer
3. Chris Petersen

I could add 3-4 more that would be on my short list as well. I think right now, I'm leaning pretty heavily to guys with HC experience. 

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

1. Dan Campbell
2. Urban Meyer
3. Chris Petersen

I could add 3-4 more that would be on my short list as well. I think right now, I'm leaning pretty heavily to guys with HC experience. 

Love #3, but I heard from someone that Petersen stepped down from Washington because of health issues with his son. If that’s true, seems unlikely he’d be an option.