Next Cowboys Coach Discussion

Matts4313

6 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Matts still refuses to believe that Jerry is still ultimately in charge and will continue to undermine and emasculate his coaches with his behavior. Hence, why no top coach will want to come here.

Lets fact check this. Give me a list of "top coaches" before we hire someone. Let see what happens.

Edited by Matts4313

If you guys get Lincoln Riley, I see this being a 11+ win team for many seasons and Dak being a Top 10 QB every year. Riley is not just any college coach.. his scheme is literally revolutionary. And he's 5x the coach Kliff Kingsbury is and look how Arizona is already turning it around.

Josh McDaniels, Mike McCarthy, and Marvin Lewis would be epic fails. McDaniels doesn't have the maturity to be a HC, plus he's a massively overrated OC to begin with who rode the coattails of Brady and Gronk. There is literally nothing special about McDaniels what so ever. As for McCarthy... he has been using the same outdated scheme with zero modifications since he became HC in 2006. One of the reasons Rodgers was so frustrated. Literally the SAME scheme for 10+ years with ZERO modifications. Marvin Lewis would be your best bet out of those three... and Lewis still isn't the answer. He's a better version of Jason Garrett ironically. His leadership skills lack but he'll get you a wildcard or #4 seed berth every other season.

As for NFL Experience but HC Experience, Bieniemy would also be a huge disaster.

I also think Urban Meyer's scheme would be a disaster in the NFL.

Personally my Top 3 if I was the Cowboys:

1. Lincoln Riley

2. Matt Rhule

3. Greg Roman

I'm not sure I'm confident in Romans Leadership but the offense would be A LOT better with him than Garrett or Moore. Look at what he did with Lamar and the Ravens. That's all him. And he did a pretty good job with Niners/Kaepernick Offense as well. Especially considering Kaepernick is a VERY poor mans Lamar Jackson. And Dak >> Kaepernick by a country mile.

7 hours ago, textaz03 said:

tenor.gif?itemid=3569833

**** it. Lets just own mediocre.....

HC - Jeff Fisher
OC - Jason Garrett
DC - Rob Ryan
QB - Quincy Carter
RB - Sherman Williams
WR - Kevin Olgetree
TE - David LaFluer
OL - Paul Alexander
Asst OL - Rob Petitti

DL - Shante Carver
Asst DL - Kavika Pittman
LB - Bobby Carpenter
CB - Dwayne Goodrich
S - LYNN SCOTT!!
Asst defense - Alan Ball

ST - Brett Maher

2 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

Disagree on WR coach, “Heard”Sanjay Lal was center of alto of the offensive struggles. Most likely keep RB’s Coach Gary Brown though.

ok so who lives in Sarasota????

Jimmy Johnson, LOL. Just kidding, I have no idea. JJ lives in the Keys anyway I think.