Next Cowboys Coach Discussion

Matts4313

8 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Moore has been a coach for all of 28 games. That's it. 

Dallas is  currently ....

8th in ppg
1st in total offense
8th in rushing yds
8th in ypa 
1st in passing yds
1st in yds per completion
1st in sacks allowed

What's not to like here? 

Defense has had some issues for sure, but I still think they are 8th where in counts, pts per game allowed.

17th in Red Zone TD Scoring percentage

12th in Interceptions thrown 

23rd in turnover ratio 

Like I said earlier, what’s that 1st place Offense gotten us this year? Pretty much Absolutely nothing, a 6-6 record and 1 slip up away from being outside the Playoff chase.

yup I’m nitpicking but I wasn't a fan of his hiring or his promotion. I’ve seen virtually no difference than him and SL’s playcalling or design. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

Clearly we are all ignoring the fact Kris Richard has been looking below mediocre in his DC role as he has in seattle.

KR was named DC? When was that? 

KR has regressed as Passing Game Coordinator and Secondary Coach. 

however, defense as whole has regressed. DLine, LB’ers and Secondary 

56 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

17th in Red Zone TD Scoring percentage

12th in Interceptions thrown 

23rd in turnover ratio 

Like I said earlier, what’s that 1st place Offense gotten us this year? Pretty much Absolutely nothing, a 6-6 record and 1 slip up away from being outside the Playoff chase.

yup I’m nitpicking but I wasn't a fan of his hiring or his promotion. I’ve seen virtually no difference than him and SL’s playcalling or design. 

Weren't we like dead last in Red zone lasy year. 17th is an upgrade 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, D82 said:

I don't really have an issue with Moore. Our offense really hasn't been a huge problem this year, it's been the defense. 

We also saw some pretty creative play calling at the beginning of the year...who's to say Garrett isn't holding KM back? 

I dont think Garrett is affecting KM at all - in fact, I am pretty sure Jerry forbid it. I think, like all of us, we expect to be able to run in light boxes w/o getting creative. 

I want Callahan back coaching our OL.

37 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

KR was named DC? When was that? 

KR has regressed as Passing Game Coordinator and Secondary Coach. 

however, defense as whole has regressed. DLine, LB’ers and Secondary 

Before training camp? Richard has been the DC all year in everything but title. The only position group that has met/exceeded expectations is our DL pass rush.

On 11/29/2019 at 4:05 PM, Matts4313 said:

Shaw is a good coach. A really good college coach. He seems content with that. His name floats every year, and he's never once accepted an interview request. He once said that his wife won't allow him to leave Palo Alto. On top of all that, though, he seems like he'd be a lateral move form Garrett.

giphy.gif

47 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

When Garrett isn’t meddling, he’s been pretty good. I’d say that he’s far exceeded expectations thus far. He’s a really smart kid.

Now imagine someone like Lincoln Riley to mentor him on red zone offense.

I'ma let yall imagination run wild boys.

Let it run

9 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

When Garrett isn’t meddling, he’s been pretty good. I’d say that he’s far exceeded expectations thus far. He’s a really smart kid.

Indeed. Especially given the fact that most people were critical of the hire in the first place given the lack of coaching experience.