Next Cowboys Coach Discussion

Matts4313

Something to consider that I had pretty much forgotten about. A Dallas staple under Jerry...

It is almost a certainty that there will be certain asst coaches who will be sticking regardless. I would be pretty shocked if Moore isn't in that handful of coaches.

2 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Something to consider that I had pretty much forgotten about. A Dallas staple under Jerry...

It is almost a certainty that there will be certain asst coaches who will be sticking regardless. I would be pretty shocked if Moore isn't in that handful of coaches.

I really hope Moore and Kitna stay. If we hire an offensive minded coach that wants to call plays, then Moore can continue to be groomed. 

I think Meyers and Dallas would be a pretty solid fit. He's not my first choice, but if you're looking for a splash, there are only a handful that I think offer more. Hard to argue against his track record too. Dude has never known what a losing season feels like. 

Edited by WizardHawk

10 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

hmmmmm

Think all 3 of those candidates would need top notch staffs to succeed at this level. If Meyer gets the nod I’d love for him to bring Greg Studrawa with him to coach the Offensive Line

Urban Meyer is both very intriguing and completely terrifying at the same time. He's obviously a great coach, but commitment level and how he'd translate to the NFL make me nervous. There's a definite Nick Saban factor there that worries me.

I'd love Lincoln Riley. That is a home run hire, in my opinion. Be like the Rams and hire a stud defensive coordinator to run the that side of the ball.

Tony Elliott is a really strange name. It's really hard for me to imagine he would be a real candidate for the HC position.

42 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Urban Meyer is both very intriguing and completely terrifying at the same time. He's obviously a great coach, but commitment level and how he'd translate to the NFL make me nervous. There's a definite Nick Saban factor there that worries me.

I'd love Lincoln Riley. That is a home run hire, in my opinion. Be like the Rams and hire a stud defensive coordinator to run the that side of the ball.

Tony Elliott is a really strange name. It's really hard for me to imagine he would be a real candidate for the HC position.

Feel the same about Meyer. 

I have serious reservations about Riley. Chip Kelly was going to revolutionize the NFL with his offensive genius too. That lingers in the back of my mind every time I hear his name. And, JJ and SJ are going to push a lot of buttons regardless who is hired, but Riley's youth makes me wonder how far they will push it.Especially the old man. I freely admit, I'm just finding something to ***** about on that front too.

Edited by WizardHawk

Jim Harbaugh and don’t look back. Has had success in the NFL and will inherit a talented roster. Not afraid to hold players accountable. I wouldn’t mind the roster taking up after his personality. We are too used to being the good guys, it’s time take up the bad guy mantra and smack people in the mouth and set tones in ball games.

5 minutes ago, RAINMAN said:

Jim Harbaugh and don’t look back. Has had success in the NFL and will inherit a talented roster. Not afraid to hold players accountable. I wouldn’t mind the roster taking up after his personality. We are too used to being the good guys, it’s time take up the bad guy mantra and smack people in the mouth and set tones in ball games.

He a good coach, but Harbaugh is near the bottom of the list for me. His inability to beat Ohio St has soured me.  Plus, that personality...I simply don't see it meshing well at all with anyone in this organization. 

16 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:
26 minutes ago, RAINMAN said:

He a good coach, but Harbaugh is near the bottom of the list for me. His inability to beat Ohio St has soured me.  Plus, that personality...I simply don't see it meshing well at all with anyone in this organization. 

Beating Ohio is all about recruiting. That doesnt matter to me at all. And having a hardarse approached helped propel the franchise in the past.

I want Harbaugh.

We're going to need a DC as well.

If you told me the next HC was going to name Clemson's Brent Venables this team's DC, I think I would be 100% sold. In fact, there isn't a DC out there that I'd want more. He is, imo, the defensive version of Riley. Or, at least as close to it as you'll find.

I'll be the first to admit that I don't know nearly enough to make an educated opinion known on any of these candidates. Having said that, the college guys scare me, and I think I like that. Go outside the box on this one and I'll be happy. 

3 minutes ago, Ace5 said:

I'll be the first to admit that I don't know nearly enough to make an educated opinion known on any of these candidates. Having said that, the college guys scare me, and I think I like that. Go outside the box on this one and I'll be happy. 

My 2 requirements:

1. Someone not Wade Phillips-soft

2. Someone innovative 

Thats it