Next Cowboys Coach Discussion

Matts4313

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Beating Ohio is all about recruiting. That doesnt matter to me at all. And having a hardarse approached helped propel the franchise in the past.

I want Harbaugh.

If beating Ohio is all about recruiting, Iowa would never beat them. Or Michigan. Or Penn St. Or Wisconsin. So I'm not really buying that side of the argument. And, while I have no issue with his harda$$ approach, he simply wears thin too quickly. I don't see it lasting very long. Not in the media circus that is Dallas.

3 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

If beating Ohio is all about recruiting, Iowa would never beat them. Or Michigan. Or Penn St. Or Wisconsin. So I'm not really buying that side of the argument. And, while I have no issue with his harda$$ approach, he simply wears thin too quickly. I don't see it lasting very long. Not in the media circus that is Dallas.

How many times have those teams beat Ohio in the ~5 years Harbaugh has been a HC? Ohio only loses like 1 game a year lol

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/cowboys-have-interest-in-urban-meyer-chris-petersen-as-possible-candidates-to-replace-jason-garrett-in-2020/

If their early thoughts about a coaching search are centered around Lincoln Riley, Chris Petersen, and Urban Meyer, then that increases my faith in their ability to perform a decent coaching search, even if they don't ultimately hire one of those guys. It means they are looking to move forward, not curl up in a ball and hire another Wade Phillips.

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/cowboys-have-interest-in-urban-meyer-chris-petersen-as-possible-candidates-to-replace-jason-garrett-in-2020/

If their early thoughts about a coaching search are centered around Lincoln Riley, Chris Petersen, and Urban Meyer, then that increases my faith in their ability to perform a decent coaching search, even if they don't ultimately hire one of those guys. It means they are looking to move forward, not curl up in a ball and hire another Wade Phillips.

I find it interesting that every name mentioned thus far is a college coach.  Is it considered tampering to mentioned a current NFL coach?

1 minute ago, WizardHawk said:

I find it interesting that every name mentioned thus far is a college coach.  Is it considered tampering to mentioned a current NFL coach?

It skirts the line, but dont some of the tampering rules now extend to NCAA as well? Either way, as long as its not coming directly from the Cowboys, I dont think it matters. 

• Like 1

Have you all seen the Steve Belichick interviews? Sounds just like Bill. He is a safeties coach right now. Wonder what it would take to pry him away? DB coach? DC? Then Bill retires, comes to Dallas to be Football Czar, we win 6 superbowls in 20 years, all is right in the world. I die of happiness. 

Edited by Matts4313

5 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Have you all seen the Steve Belichick interviews? Sounds just like Bill. He is a safeties coach right now. Wonder what it would take to pry him away? DB coach? DC? Then Bill retires, comes to Dallas to be Football Czar, we win 6 superbowls in 20 years, all is right in the world. I die of happiness. 

Ha ha ha ha

Jerry would need to die first before Bill runs things. No way would he allow Bill to get all the credit, it would eat at him like Cancer.

9 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Ha ha ha ha

Jerry would need to die first before Bill runs things. No way would he allow Bill to get all the credit, it would eat at him like Cancer.

Jerry has had football "czar" type roles multiple times in the past. 

5 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

There can only be one czar and Jerry has not once ever allowed anyone to outrank him since 94. Stephen is the only one that has managed to grab at that seat and its because Jerry knows he has to pass it on at some point to him. 

I’m curious as to how much power Parcells truly had. Many would consider him a Football Czar

59 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

I’m curious as to how much power Parcells truly had. Many would consider him a Football Czar

At NY, but in Dallas Jerry still had the final say. The part in bold sums it up.

Parcells claims that he enjoyed working with him but left early for w/e reason. But this was a quote back from like 2014 or so when asked why he left dallas and the interviewer asked him about Jerry being a control freak.

“Oh yeah, definitely. I think it’s distorted,” Parcells says. “I think there’s a definite misperception. I just think everyone thinks a certain way. I didn’t see it to be that way. I think Jerry is a good businessman and a good listener. What you have to do is make sense to him. You’ve got to make sense to him. If he thinks you’re making sense, he’ll alter his opinion. I enjoyed him. I like him. I like him a lot.”