Next Cowboys Coach Discussion

Matts4313

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

At NY, but in Dallas Jerry still had the final say. The part in bold sums it up.

Parcells claims that he enjoyed working with him but left early for w/e reason. But this was a quote back from like 2014 or so when asked why he left dallas and the interviewer asked him about Jerry being a control freak.

“Oh yeah, definitely. I think it’s distorted,” Parcells says. “I think there’s a definite misperception. I just think everyone thinks a certain way. I didn’t see it to be that way. I think Jerry is a good businessman and a good listener. What you have to do is make sense to him. You’ve got to make sense to him. If he thinks you’re making sense, he’ll alter his opinion. I enjoyed him. I like him. I like him a lot.”

Sounds like a great boss who listens to his subordinates tbh

• Like 1

Early on this is who I would look at:

1. Matt Rhule, Baylor HC (CF - Age 44)
  2. Chris Petersen, Washington HC (CF - Age 55)
  3. Lincoln Riley, Oklahoma HC (CF - Age 36)
  4. Dan Campbell, Saints AST HC (PF - Age 43)
  5. Greg Roman, Ravens OC (PF - Age 47)
  6. Robert Saleh, 49ers DC (PF - Age 40)
  7. Kris Richard, Cowboys PC (PF - Age 40)

In order.

• Like 1

I think I’m all done with Richard. Maybe it’s mostly on JG for the downward turn of the team, but at the same time I can’t give KR a free pass either. I believe there has been some substantial regression from the back 7 and moreover his supposed area expertise the secondary....save for Jones/Lewis.

54 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

I think I’m all done with Richard. Maybe it’s mostly on JG for the downward turn of the team, but at the same time I can’t give KR a free pass either. I believe there has been some substantial regression from the back 7 and moreover his supposed area expertise the secondary....save for Jones/Lewis.

Substantial isn't even enough of a description of how bad the defense has regressed. I hope RIchard got in the face of Jaylon after that dumb@$$ display of ignorance dancing around just because he made a play. Which is one average of about one out of thirty at his point.

Frankly, the whole team knows JG is dead coach walking and show no desire to save his, or even some of there own, jobs.

Edited by HDsportsfan

7 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

Who said we had a good coordinator though....well......jury is still out on Moore.

You missed the point. 

The traits you look for in a Head Coach are not necessarily revealed or utilized by positional or coordinating coaches. Not to say Richard is promised to be successful, but he has a presence you want to see out of your leader. In a way, it reminds me of Tomlin (terrible coordinator) - but my respect for him has grown significantly given his ability to manage a locker with both Brown and Bell and never really having that sewage seep out.

If anything, though, I think this shows how idiotic fans are. One year removed from loving / hating coaches with little to no real information aside from idle thoughts spread on twitter. 

12 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Early on this is who I would look at:

1. Matt Rhule, Baylor HC (CF - Age 44)
  2. Chris Petersen, Washington HC (CF - Age 55)
  3. Lincoln Riley, Oklahoma HC (CF - Age 36)
  4. Dan Campbell, Saints AST HC (PF - Age 43)
  5. Greg Roman, Ravens OC (PF - Age 47)
  6. Robert Saleh, 49ers DC (PF - Age 40)
  7. Kris Richard, Cowboys PC (PF - Age 40)

In order.

I haven't been following too much Baylor football this year. I know they have been ripping off couple nice wins.

What entices you about Rhule?

5 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

I haven't been following too much Baylor football this year. I know they have been ripping off couple nice wins.

He did a decent job at Temple before being lured to Baylor. Has Baylor in top 10 in the Polls.  He took OU to OT last night in the Big 12 Championship. Didn't get to see the game due to work. The biggest thing about Rhule is what he did to clean up the toxic culture there. Remember when he was hired 4 years ago, Baylor football program was under a sexual assault scandal that engulfed the entire team and led to the firing of Art Briles

5 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

He's been so successful in the revival of Baylor. Here are some things just from this week:

Maybe he's a program builder - and that is certainly not what we need - but he has put a team no one expect much of in a prime position to dominant their own conference with significantly less talent than other teams.