Next Cowboys Coach Discussion

Matts4313

I am deeply sad things never worked out. There are a few seasons that felt just magical enough to win it all. This Season. Daks Rookie year. Romo's Magical Year with the Dez Catch - all felt...destined for more. 

The BackUp who would return and bring glory...never happened. Dammit. I don't even know who I want. Just do an exhaustive search. 

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

But I think I really like the idea of Josh McDaniels. I think he would be able to put together a solid staff. 

And this is it. I don't know if there is a candidate that would upset me more than JM. Took the colts job only to about face and return to NE? No, no thank you.Don't even interview him.

3 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

And this is it. I don't know if there is a candidate that would upset me more than JM. Took the colts job only to about face and return to NE? No, no thank you.Don't even interview him.

There are simple ways to make sure that never happens again. But guess what? Bill Belichick pulled a similar shady deal. So did Nick Saban. Jimmy Johnson did it to us (tried to move on early in his contract). Doug Marrone did it. 

I dont care that Josh McDaniels had buyers remorse. Its common in my industry to be able to get out of contracts w/o consequence during a free look period.

But if you are that concerned - Give McDaniels a clause that if at any time he tries to leave there is a penalty (for X amount of years). 

https://www.sportsbettingdime.com/news/nfl/josh-mcdaniels-now-favored-cowboys-head-coach-2020/

• New England Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels is listed by BetOnline as the +300 favorite to be the next head coach of the Dallas Cowboys
  • McDaniels opened last week as second choice in this betting market at +400
  • Despite a three-game losing streak, Jason Garrett remains head coach of the 6-7 Cowboys

:D:D

Coach Odds at BetOnline
Josh McDaniels +300
Urban Meyer +400
Robert Saleh +500
Lincoln Riley +600
Sean Payton +600
Jim Harbaugh +1000
Ron Rivera +1000
Chris Petersen +1200
Ken Norton Jr +1600
Kris Richard +1600
Mike Leach +2000
Matt Rhule +3300
Jim Schwartz +3300
Mike Gundy +5000
Tony Romo +6600

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

https://www.sportsbettingdime.com/news/nfl/josh-mcdaniels-now-favored-cowboys-head-coach-2020/

• New England Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels is listed by BetOnline as the +300 favorite to be the next head coach of the Dallas Cowboys
  • McDaniels opened last week as second choice in this betting market at +400
  • Despite a three-game losing streak, Jason Garrett remains head coach of the 6-7 Cowboys

:D:D

I don't like anything about this post.

@Matts4313 why in the world would you want Josh McDaniel's as HC?  He is not a man of his word (he backed out of an agreement with the Colts), he drafted Tim Tebow in the first round, and all of his success has been behind the greatness of Belichick.  I'm honestly shocked you would want him as coach.  

Just now, MKnight82 said:

@Matts4313 why in the world would you want Josh McDaniel's as HC?  He is not a man of his word (he backed out of an agreement with the Colts), he drafted Tim Tebow in the first round, and all of his success has been behind the greatness of Belichick.  I'm honestly shocked you would want him as coach.  

He hasn't had a midget in months, it has messed with @Matts4313 head.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

McDaniels sucked his first go around (specifically in his GM abilities, which he wont have here). But Josh will demand a "voice at the table" which is good for us. 

Belichick sucked his first go around.

McD backed out of his next agreement after 2 days.

Belichick backed out of his next agreement after 1 day. 

McD is known as a genius Belichick disciple.

Belichick was known a genius Parcells disciple.

I think he would put together a badarse staff. Including possibly the Pats safety coach (Belichicks son).  I think he has learned and grown. I believe in redemption stories. And Belichick is retiring soon, so if we dont nab him now, we are never getting him. 

Edited by Matts4313