Next Cowboys Coach Discussion

Matts4313

32 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Some are speculating Lincoln Riley as HC and Mike Zimmer as DC.

I might be in the minority but I really want a defensive minded head coach. I truly like what we have in place on the offensive side of the ball (maybe not TE coach) 

3 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Charles Robinson mentioned this possibility. He wasn't reporting this, just saying that it would make a lot of sense. Which it definitely does.

It makes zero sense as mike Zimmer coming here to be a DC is probably the dumbest thing I’ve ever scene.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The_Slamman said:

It makes zero sense as mike Zimmer coming here to be a DC is probably the dumbest thing I’ve ever scene.  

I really want to break away from the nepotism hires. We need someone who won’t be afraid the reject Jerry’s influence. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

You don't think Jerry would be interested in hiring Mike Zimmer as DC if Zimmer couldn't find another HC gig? Or you don't think Zimmer would want to come back as just a DC?

Or you think that it could happen, but would just be a stupid idea all around?

19 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

You don't think Jerry would be interested in hiring Mike Zimmer as DC if Zimmer couldn't find another HC gig? Or you don't think Zimmer would want to come back as just a DC?

Or you think that it could happen, but would just be a stupid idea all around?

I seem to recall some around here not liking Zimmer.....the village idiot as I recall him being referred to as

6 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

I seem to recall some around here not liking Zimmer.....the village idiot as I recall him being referred to as

Plane9 strongly disliked Zimmer.

Slam called his defenses smoke and mirrors.

I  can see them both less-than-thrilled by the prospect of his return.