Next Cowboys Coach Discussion

Matts4313

9 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Soooo, after 4 days and counting... who does anyone/everyone think will be the main target for HC??? 

I don't want it to be the big/hot name just for the sake of getting the big/hot name.  

If it ends up being that big name coach, so be it. But, I hope it's only after taking a long, exhaustive search. That's the key as far as I'm concerned. Bring in 15 candidates. 25 candidates. Just get it right

Unfortunately, I don't believe this will be the case.

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

I don't want it to be the big/hot name just for the sake of getting the big/hot name.  

If it ends up being that big name coach, so be it. But, I hope it's only after taking a long, exhaustive search. That's the key as far as I'm concerned. Bring in 15 candidates. 25 candidates. Just get it right

Unfortunately, I don't believe this will be the case.

I'm not totally sure I agree that a process of interviewing everybody who is anybody is going to get you the right candidate.

If the Cowboys are doing things right (which, admittedly, is a big "if"), they should have a pretty good idea of the candidates who make some sense already. Spend time really getting to know those guys and their visions. Be intentional about it.

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz

Lewis would be a disaster hire as a HC. As a DC, count me in.

McCarthy, I'm meh on. Maybe a year away did him some good...but he never seemed all that concerned with putting out a good defense and how much of his success was because of Aaron Rodgers? 

• Like 2

Rivera would have been best for the defense but at this point, the offense needs a fix as well. McCarthy can finally be a coach with two SB wins on two different teams. I don’t think Lewis will be a good D coordinator so we are stuck with Richard unless another team hires him. Kellen Moore probably out unless he has an actual plan for the offense.

1 minute ago, WheatieMan said:

Rivera would have been best for the defense but at this point, the offense needs a fix as well. McCarthy can finally be a coach with two SB wins on two different teams. I don’t think Lewis will be a good D coordinator so we are stuck with Richard unless another team hires him. Kellen Moore probably out unless he has an actual plan for the offense.

Why? His Ravens defense won the Super Bowl in 2000, and his defenses with Washington and Cincinnati were pretty good as well. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WheatieMan said:

Richard is not under contract and is interviewing with other teams. One name I read linked to McCarthy for DC is Mike Nolan (LB coach, NOLA). I know back in the day a lot of you were very high on him.

Edited by Matts4313

3 minutes ago, D82 said:

At least McCarthy would be a little more ballsy than Garrett 

This reminds me of a quote from the movie Road Trip: “It's supposed to be a challenge, it's a shortcut! If it were easy it would just be the way.”

But I think we are getting to the point in football where this type of thing shouldn’t be considered ballsy, anymore. It should just be “the way”.