Jump to content
Matts4313

Next Cowboys Coach Discussion

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Do not want.

He sounds better then the current two candidates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Do not want.

I didn't think of Harbaugh because I don't think he is leaving U of M.  Brady Hoke and Rich Rodriguez were a combined 4 games over .500 (most of the losing on Rich).  Harbaugh, while disappointing against OSU, and ranked teams does have a .723 winning percentage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Northland said:

I didn't think of Harbaugh because I don't think he is leaving U of M.  Brady Hoke and Rich Rodriguez were a combined 4 games over .500 (most of the losing on Rich).  Harbaugh, while disappointing against OSU, and ranked teams does have a .723 winning percentage.

Yeah but the biggest knock on us this season was not being able to beat top talented/winning teams. So we want to bring in Harbaugh and continue the trend of underachieving and not beating winning teams? Don’t think that’s a great move to me and I’m a Michigan fan. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

He sounds better then the current two candidates.

Haha, not necessarily in disagreement there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, TheBeast23 said:

Yeah but the biggest knock on us this season was not being able to beat top talented/winning teams. So we want to bring in Harbaugh and continue the trend of underachieving and not beating winning teams? Don’t think that’s a great move to me and I’m a Michigan fan. 

In 4 years, he made the NFC Champ game 3 times and the Superbowl once.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

In 4 years, he made the NFC Champ game 3 times and the Superbowl once.

He also had Greg Roman on his staff, but won’t this time around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

He also had Greg Roman on his staff, but won’t this time around.

So your opinion an OC is the difference from Jim being a good coach and being.. what? Terrible? 

Do you think Harbaugh is a bad coach?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

So your opinion an OC is the difference from Jim being a good coach and being.. what? Terrible? 

Do you think Harbaugh is a bad coach?

I don’t think Harbaugh is a bad coach at all, but his offenses are very vanilla and ineffective without Roman developing the game plan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

I don’t think Harbaugh is a bad coach at all, but his offenses are very vanilla and ineffective without Roman developing the game plan. 

Thats what Moore is here for. And he wont be stuck with Linehans playbook.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Thats what Moore is here for. And he wont be stuck with Linehans playbook.

Very true, but why is it reasonable to force any OC on an established coach like Harbaugh? Shouldn’t he have the opportunity to pick his own staff? I understand that head coaches across the league will occasionally inherit staff members, but they should have the final say as to whether those guys are retained since the head coach’s job is linked to the success of those assistant coaches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, plan9misfit said:

Very true, but why is it reasonable to force any OC on an established coach like Harbaugh? Shouldn’t he have the opportunity to pick his own staff? I understand that head coaches across the league will occasionally inherit staff members, but they should have the final say as to whether those guys are retained since the head coach’s job is linked to the success of those assistant coaches.

Who is to say Moore would be forced? I think most coaches would be happy to at least entertain keeping the most successful coach on the team from last year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The more I dig up on him, the more I think we're letting Don Martindale get lost in the shuffle

Martindale teamed with Joe Brady, as rumored (or Kellen Moore for that matter), is just as appealing as any offensive minded HC and DC pairing I can think of.

Maybe finding the next Sean McVay is getting too much focus. 

Edited by WizardHawk
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TheBeast23 said:

Yeah but the biggest knock on us this season was not being able to beat top talented/winning teams. So we want to bring in Harbaugh and continue the trend of underachieving and not beating winning teams? Don’t think that’s a great move to me and I’m a Michigan fan. 

Im a Michigan fan and I don't want him at Dallas.  Like I said I don't think he's leaving Michigan.  I'll add he's not leaving voluntarily. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

The more I dig up on him, the more I think we're letting Don Martindale get lost in the shuffle?

Martindale teamed with Joe Brady, as rumored (or Kellen Moore for that matter), is just as appealing as any offensive minded HC and DC pairing I can think of.

Maybe finding the next Sean McVay is getting too much focus. 

I think a lot of us are convinced that we are going to win, or have been built to win with offense hence the emphasis on offensive minded coaches.

Just give me the best coach whomever that may be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Gonna be awesome. McCarthy is actually just interviewing for the OC spot and Lewis is the DC. 

The best part I think, would be listening to the rest of the football universe scream in pain. lol

Edited by WizardHawk
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...