Next Cowboys Coach Discussion

Matts4313

2 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Do not want.

I didn't think of Harbaugh because I don't think he is leaving U of M.  Brady Hoke and Rich Rodriguez were a combined 4 games over .500 (most of the losing on Rich).  Harbaugh, while disappointing against OSU, and ranked teams does have a .723 winning percentage.

7 minutes ago, Northland said:

I didn't think of Harbaugh because I don't think he is leaving U of M.  Brady Hoke and Rich Rodriguez were a combined 4 games over .500 (most of the losing on Rich).  Harbaugh, while disappointing against OSU, and ranked teams does have a .723 winning percentage.

Yeah but the biggest knock on us this season was not being able to beat top talented/winning teams. So we want to bring in Harbaugh and continue the trend of underachieving and not beating winning teams? Don’t think that’s a great move to me and I’m a Michigan fan. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TheBeast23 said:

Yeah but the biggest knock on us this season was not being able to beat top talented/winning teams. So we want to bring in Harbaugh and continue the trend of underachieving and not beating winning teams? Don’t think that’s a great move to me and I’m a Michigan fan. 

In 4 years, he made the NFC Champ game 3 times and the Superbowl once.

15 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

He also had Greg Roman on his staff, but won’t this time around.

So your opinion an OC is the difference from Jim being a good coach and being.. what? Terrible? 

Do you think Harbaugh is a bad coach?

26 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

So your opinion an OC is the difference from Jim being a good coach and being.. what? Terrible? 

Do you think Harbaugh is a bad coach?

I don’t think Harbaugh is a bad coach at all, but his offenses are very vanilla and ineffective without Roman developing the game plan. 

2 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

I don’t think Harbaugh is a bad coach at all, but his offenses are very vanilla and ineffective without Roman developing the game plan. 

Thats what Moore is here for. And he wont be stuck with Linehans playbook.

30 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Thats what Moore is here for. And he wont be stuck with Linehans playbook.

Very true, but why is it reasonable to force any OC on an established coach like Harbaugh? Shouldn’t he have the opportunity to pick his own staff? I understand that head coaches across the league will occasionally inherit staff members, but they should have the final say as to whether those guys are retained since the head coach’s job is linked to the success of those assistant coaches.

1 hour ago, plan9misfit said:

Very true, but why is it reasonable to force any OC on an established coach like Harbaugh? Shouldn’t he have the opportunity to pick his own staff? I understand that head coaches across the league will occasionally inherit staff members, but they should have the final say as to whether those guys are retained since the head coach’s job is linked to the success of those assistant coaches.

Who is to say Moore would be forced? I think most coaches would be happy to at least entertain keeping the most successful coach on the team from last year. 

The more I dig up on him, the more I think we're letting Don Martindale get lost in the shuffle

Martindale teamed with Joe Brady, as rumored (or Kellen Moore for that matter), is just as appealing as any offensive minded HC and DC pairing I can think of.

Maybe finding the next Sean McVay is getting too much focus. 

Edited by WizardHawk
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, TheBeast23 said:

Im a Michigan fan and I don't want him at Dallas.  Like I said I don't think he's leaving Michigan.  I'll add he's not leaving voluntarily. 

46 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

The more I dig up on him, the more I think we're letting Don Martindale get lost in the shuffle?

Martindale teamed with Joe Brady, as rumored (or Kellen Moore for that matter), is just as appealing as any offensive minded HC and DC pairing I can think of.

Maybe finding the next Sean McVay is getting too much focus. 

I think a lot of us are convinced that we are going to win, or have been built to win with offense hence the emphasis on offensive minded coaches.

Just give me the best coach whomever that may be.