Next Cowboys Coach Discussion

Matts4313

21 minutes ago, CT Cowboy Fan said:

Just saw on NFLN that Lewis says it’s a MUST to bring Hue Jackson with him as his OC

Bye Felicia

13 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Welp. Safe travels to your next interview then. LOL

Safe to say, Zim isn't coming back to Dallas. 

I dont know if I agree about "safe to say". It seems like 75% of these twitter reports are all bogus just to get people click/follow. I take them all with a grain (a boulder, really) of salt until they are corroborated. 

@Matts4313 why do you want Harbaugh?  Are you secretly more sadistic than we’ve ever given you credit for?  

there are some things that i appreciate about Harbaugh such as playing physical, win in the trenches football.  It’s a style of football that has stood the test of time.

However, he is also one of the most opinionated and outspoken coaches the NFL has seen in recent history.  He called out the GM and owner in SF.  SF could not get rid of the guy fast enough despite his post season success.

Do you secretly hate Jerry more than Plan9 and me?  Harbaugh doesn’t have much of a filter and it would only be a matter of time before he and Jerry get into a very public feud.  The fact that Harbaugh tends to be authoritarian to the max degree and Jerry appears weekly on sports radio talk shows would drive Harbaugh nuts.  I wouldn’t mind seeing it because it would be nice to see a coach publicly take Jerry to the wood shed.  I could suffer through a few more unproductive years just to have Jerry on pins and needles.

7 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

@Matts4313 why do you want Harbaugh?  Are you secretly more sadistic than we’ve ever given you credit for?  

there are some things that i appreciate about Harbaugh such as playing physical, win in the trenches football.  It’s a style of football that has stood the test of time.

However, he is also one of the most opinionated and outspoken coaches the NFL has seen in recent history.  He called out the GM and owner in SF.  SF could not get rid of the guy fast enough despite his post season success.

Do you secretly hate Jerry more than Plan9 and me?  Harbaugh doesn’t have much of a filter and it would only be a matter of time before he and Jerry get into a very public feud.  The fact that Harbaugh tends to be authoritarian to the max degree and Jerry appears weekly on sports radio talk shows would drive Harbaugh nuts.  I wouldn’t mind seeing it because it would be nice to see a coach publicly take Jerry to the wood shed.  I could suffer through a few more unproductive years just to have Jerry on pins and needles.

LOL...I mentioned something similar (just not as well) in a different thread. It would be a fun ish show to watch if it wasn't our team this was happening too.

3 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

Jed York and Baalke were arguably much more at fault. Baalke was horrendous and fired. Jed admitted very shortly after where the blame fell by both firing Baalke and publicly stating he "regretted letting the relationship with Jim fray" 

3 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

I genuinely believe that people can learn and grow. I think Jerry has grown immensely; specifically with Will/SJ/JG the past decade. The only thing he doesn't do by committee at this point is his radio show... which no matter how much you all attempt to spin zone it, thats marketing not football operations. 

I also think its possible that Jim could have grown and learned to keep his emotions a bit more private.  

LOL at 1st part of that tweet. 

Which leads into this..... Garrett and McCarthy apparently share the same agent. If that is the case, what agent would allow one client to interview for a job that your other client hasn't even officially been removed from.....AND, may still be lobbying for?

So many good times to be had. 

15 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

McCarthy would personally be one of my personal top candidates for the job.  Experienced individual who had a very strong record in GB.  Message just got stale after a while, which can happen with a lot of coaches.  I would be fine with him (among others like Roman, Martindale, Riley) being hired.

7 minutes ago, roysmyboy31 said:

McCarthy would personally be one of my personal top candidates for the job.  Experienced individual who had a very strong record in GB.  Message just got stale after a while, which can happen with a lot of coaches.  I would be fine with him (among others like Roman, Martindale, Riley) being hired.

Im meh with McCarthy. Playcalling is Vanilla. Message got stale. Will mean the end of Moore as playcaller

• Like 1