Next Cowboys Coach Discussion

Matts4313

We need fresh ideas when it comes to coaching. Why the hell do we want to fire Jason Garrett if Marvin Jones is who we want to hire? They are the same coach

And McCarthy? The dude who got destroyed by Colin Kaepnernick every post season?

Lincoln Riley, Urban Meyer, Matt Rhule as some here have pointed out are all very good directions to go.

The last time we got a college HC it ended up very well for us.

10 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

We need fresh ideas when it comes to coaching. Why the hell do we want to fire Jason Garrett if Marvin Jones is who we want to hire? They are the same coach

And McCarthy? The dude who got destroyed by Colin Kaepnernick every post season?

Lincoln Riley, Urban Meyer, Matt Rhule as some here have pointed out are all very good directions to go.

The last time we got a college HC it ended up very well for us.

7 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

and no Josh Daniels please. Can't believe yall want him after what he pulled with Detriot

Our boy Canada is on the hard stuff tonight.

Its Marvin Lewis not Marvin Jones. Colts, not the Lions. :D

13 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

According to this, the Jones family wants someone with NFL experience and open to the idea of keeping some of the offensive staff. 

Such narrow mindedness! Don’t like those limitations if true. Today’s NFL has changed and is continuously changing and we need Coaches who are adaptable to that change. Not the Dinosaurs who are sitting unemployed cause they failed at the adaptation.  

1 minute ago, textaz03 said:

Such narrow mindedness! Don’t like those limitations if true. Today’s NFL has changed and is continuously changing and we need Coaches who are adaptable to that change. Not the Dinosaurs who are sitting unemployed cause they failed at the adaptation.  

Almost all college coaches fail. So that part isnt a shocker. But also remember, this is purely speculation. There were also rumors we are reaching out to Lincoln Riley. 

Edited by Matts4313

13 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

According to this, the Jones family wants someone with NFL experience and open to the idea of keeping some of the offensive staff. 

This is probably the absolute worst thing that can happen...

Jerry:  so, coach how do you feel about me as the GM being the face of the franchise, doing weekly radio and TV shows, and having final say about every dispute that may arise?

Highly Successful Coach:  well, Mr. Jones, TBH, it’s probably not the best idea for a lot of reasons.  First, it blurs the lines of control in the eyes of the players.  Players need to understand that I’m in control of this football team.  And, when players see you talking to the media and answering team questions very differently from my philosophy, it undermines my credibility with the team.  See, I’ve had a ton of success coaching football.  The reason why is because players by into me and my team concept.  

Jerry:  thank you for stopping by but you’re not the right fit for the job.  NEXT!

1 minute ago, The_Slamman said:

This is probably the absolute worst thing that can happen...

Jerry:  so, coach how do you feel about me as the GM being the face of the franchise, doing weekly radio and TV shows, and having final say about every dispute that may arise?

Highly Successful Coach:  well, Mr. Jones, TBH, it’s probably not the best idea for a lot of reasons.  First, it blurs the lines of control in the eyes of the players.  Players need to understand that I’m in control of this football team.  And, when players see you talking to the media and answering team questions very differently from my philosophy, it undermines my credibility with the team.  See, I’ve had a ton of success coaching football.  The reason why is because players by into me and my team concept.  

Jerry:  thank you for stopping by but you’re not the right fit for the job.  NEXT!

You just literally made all of this up and none of it relates to the speculation of the post. 

This forum is so damn dramatic. Constantly looking for something to be upset about. 

12 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You just literally made all of this up and none of it relates to the speculation of the post. 

This forum is so damn dramatic. Constantly looking for something to be upset about. 

Matts, are you pmsing?  Go, check the NFCE thread in the eagles forum and you’ll feel better.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

Matts, are you pmsing?  Go, check the NFCE thread in the eagles forum and you’ll feel better.

Matts still refuses to believe that Jerry is still ultimately in charge and will continue to undermine and emasculate his coaches with his behavior. Hence, why no top coach will want to come here.