Next Cowboys Coach Discussion

Matts4313

30 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

Mullen would be uninspiring to say the least.  It would be a typical JJ hire of a coach who will take a back seat to Jerry.  Jerry would continue to bask in the media limelight, undermine the coach and change nothing.  

Yeah, no. Mullen wouldn't take a back-seat - and he's a great QB developer, but I want nothing to do with him in the Pros. His game is ALLLLLL college. 

Just now, acowboys62 said:

I mean, meeting or not, hes not going to come out and admit he met with him or anyone and upset his precious golden child. 

I think you missed the interesting part. Which was he isnt denying that he wants to talk to Meyer. 

10 minutes ago, acowboys62 said:

I mean, meeting or not, hes not going to come out and admit he met with him or anyone and upset his precious golden child. 

That ship may have actually sailed. Regardless of what he says publicly, which he shouldn't be doing at all anyway, JG knows he's gone regardless. Not sure he can be upset over it at this point.

18 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I've not seen a really good case in favor of Urban Meyer, yet.

He’s a damn good coach who burns hot but burns out.  I’m torn.  I think players really like him and play hard.  He’s good with XOs.  You won’t see him bungle clock management.  He knows how to put a staff together.  I think he might struggle with the cold business of the nfl like cutting players, etc. 

His number 1 positive is that he’s a winner.  He’s won big everywhere he’s gone.  He’s done it with both offense and defense.  

55 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

He’s a damn good coach who burns hot but burns out.  I’m torn.  I think players really like him and play hard.  He’s good with XOs.  You won’t see him bungle clock management.  He knows how to put a staff together.  I think he might struggle with the cold business of the nfl like cutting players, etc. 

His number 1 positive is that he’s a winner.  He’s won big everywhere he’s gone.  He’s done it with both offense and defense.  

Yeah, I pretty much agree with this. But it doesn't compel me to think he should be the top choice for our next coach, though. 

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

I think you missed the interesting part. Which was he isnt denying that he wants to talk to Meyer. 

Well Garrett's not going to coach any better if he's knows Jerry is shopping around. I think he has and is just keeping it under wraps until the end of the season. It doesn't even have to be contract negotiations, it could just be (hey how would you feel wearing blue and silver instead of red and white?)