Next Cowboys Coach Discussion

Matts4313

1 hour ago, HDsportsfan said:

ah....yes....Aikman ain't happening. Hard to believe someone like JJ is so stubborn and blind to his own faults and how he does things is not producing winning teams.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/troy-aikman-doubles-down-on-criticism-of-jerry-jones/ar-BBY29Xm?ocid=spartanntp

Im glad that Aikman cares more about this team then the owner does.

• Like 1

I read this yesterday and thought this can't be true.  Thought I'd post it here because the new staff will have to deal with it.  We are the worst in the NFL in 3 areas.

The Hot Boyz lead the league in missed tackles.

Our WR'S lead the league in drops.

We have the worst special teams.

With 32 teams in the league the odds of 1 club being worst in 3 categories is 1 in 32000.  Are we this bad?  Can this be accurate?

33 minutes ago, Northland said:

I read this yesterday and thought this can't be true.  Thought I'd post it here because the new staff will have to deal with it.  We are the worst in the NFL in 3 areas.

With 32 teams in the league the odds of 1 club being worst in 3 categories is 1 in 32000.  Are we this bad?  Can this be accurate?

Yea....I believe it is. The above just kind of sums it all up.

1 hour ago, HDsportsfan said:
2 hours ago, Northland said:

Yea....I believe it is. The above just kind of sums it all up.

Co-signed. Its absolutely believable. 

Tackle Drills

Jugs Machine

New ST coach

14 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Co-signed. Its absolutely believable. 

Tackle Drills

Jugs Machine

New ST coach

Yea when I see one person sh!tting the bed in games, in game after game. I am willing to say its the player, but when it's whole groups that have just gone down the drain in their performance. That to me is a coaching issue, so yea I am kinda in the category now of cleaning house even though I wasnt before the season. 

2 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Yea when I see one person sh!tting the bed in games, in game after game. I am willing to say its the player, but when it's whole groups that have just gone down the drain in their performance. That to me is a coaching issue, so yea I am kinda in the category now of cleaning house even though I wasnt before the season. 

I think the new staff have their work cut out for them.  Kind of reminds me of when Johnson got hired.  I think Michael Irvin went through the roster with Jimmy saying this guy needs to go, this guy doesn't work hard enough, this guy doesn't practice etc, etc.  The sad difference is the club back then was not talented.  This is/was supposed to be one of the most talented rosters in the league.  

The sad reality is the days of us being a contender are long gone.  We are closing in on a quarter century since our last Superbowl appearance.  We haven't come close to a conference championship game in that time.  We are no longer the fan base that can point at other teams and laugh.  We are the ones being laughed at.  

Edited by Northland
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, WheatieMan said:

I would go with Rivera. 1st choice is Meyer buts it’s a pipe dream.

1. Meyer

2. McCarthy

3. Rivera

As bad as Rivera has been, we can get the defense turned around. Next choices:

4. Richards (Fire Kellen Moore and Marinelli resigns) with a new OC

5. Lincoln Riley

I moved your comments to the correct thread. As for the above list:

I dont want anything to do with Richards. Our secondary got worse with him. Our defense got worse with him. I want him gone. 

Rivera and McCarthy seem a little uninspired to me. 

11 minutes ago, WheatieMan said:

Who do you got?

I want someone younger who uses analytics and shows adaptability. I like the big name college guys (Myer, Riley, Peterson). I like the idea of Dan Campbell. 

But I think I really like the idea of Josh McDaniels. I think he would be able to put together a solid staff.